Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Stretch Goals

More personality to animal companions is nice. During the weekend I started new playthrough (with TB mod, which I found great and can recommend it) and one of characters I created was sylvan sorcerer.

About 30 min later in game I realized I probably forgot to name my smilodon companion. So I went through character creation again just to find out its actually not possible to name your animal companion. What a shame, this begs to be implemented.

So thumbs up for animal companions progression :thumbsup:.

(At the end I went with paladin class, but who knows how it would influence my decision-making If I was allowed to have Smiley as my companion :thinking: )

The bag of tricks mod will let you rename your animal companion. Works great.

I really think mounted combat was a bad idea. It won't really be anything special given the perspective of the game. It'll probably be functional but nothing special.

I really think mounted combat was a bad idea. It won't really be anything special given the perspective of the game. It'll probably be functional but nothing special.

I have to agree about the mounted combat. Some games are entirely based around that, and to do it right probably would take a lot of focus and work. The approach they are taking sounds like it will be a pretty superficial and perhaps even a throw-away type of game mechanic.

Also, I just am not excited or interested in mounted combat to begin with. Not sure what they are thinking, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Like you said, just something basic and functional is probably the best they could do.

Mounted combat unlocked evolving animal companion so it's not all bad :)

I'm going to reserve my judgement until I try it out when alpha/beta/full game is out. I have faith in Owlcats ability and vision :)

It depends just how detailed they go into the mounted combat, as someone that was involved with the SCA for almost twenty years and also did jousting at the Maryland Ren fest, I'm a huge fan. Just the sheer ambition and audacity to attempt to do this within a game got my attention, and I hope they pull it off well.

D&D has always had rules for mounted combat. They just didn't tend to get used all that much. Partly because most DMs won't let you bring your horse into a dungeon and partially because at mid-high levels your horse would die to the first AoE attack.

So the baseline mechanics are already there, although some will be harder to implement in a real time game. But the big challenge will probably be just the graphics and animation, and making the mounts actually worth the trouble of having. I suspect a lot of things will be simplified.

Turn-based combat just announced on the latest KS update...amazing

Back
Top Bottom