C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-main-story-shorter-witcher-3/
Cyberpunk 2077 Main Story To Be Shorter Than The Witcher 3’s; Sidequests Will Be “Crucial”
The Witcher 3 quest structure was compared to a single line, with a bunch of branches sticking out of it, which sometimes go back to that single line. In Cyberpunk 2077 those branches grow more branches, which then often tie around each other. That means (if I understood Paweł’s explanation correctly) that sidequests that we decide to do will often evolve into more sidequests and those quests will have an impact on other quests, as well as the main storyline, to a much greater extent then they did in The Witcher 3. Thanks to all those branches it will be hard to find one playthrough, which will be exactly the same
I read this as a :middlefinger: to fastrun reviewers.

New Cyberpunk 2077 Details - DSOGaming
In its yearly polish community meeting, CD Projekt RED revealed some new details about its upcoming title, Cyberpunk 2077. The company shared some new details about the game’s gameplay mechanics, its story, the game’s length, its destructible environments and more.

Going into more details, CD Projekt RED claimed that the main story of the Cyberpunk 2077 might be a little shorter than the one in The Witcher 3. However, the team aims to make up for it with much higher replayability.
Cyberpunk 2077 ‘is shorter’ than Witcher 3, ‘but more replayable’ - Video Games Chronicle
According to an attendee of the developer’s annual community event in Poland, CDPR is yet to measure the length of the game when all encounters and “smaller” side quests are taken into account, but it confirmed that the main story and major side-quests will take less time to complete than Witcher 3’s.

Game length aggregation site How Long to Beat measures Witcher 3’s main campaign as taking an average of 51 hours to complete.

At the same community event, CD Projekt Red reportedly detailed Cyberpunk 2077’s side quests, which are said to be more complex than those in its previous title.
Cyberpunk 2077 Community Manager Monetization Is Not Microtransactions - TwistedVoxel
In the discord server for CP 2077, she explained that monetization is not equal to microtransactions. Nobody from CD Projekt Red had used the word microtransactions when answering questions in the investors’ conference discussing their Q3 results but fans were quick to assume they were talking about adding microtransactions to their game.

Imho I don't care if they monetize the multi-player portion of the game. Hell, they can even go with a F2P model with micro-transactions if they want.

Just keep that crap out of single-player, and it's all good.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-projekt-red-is-not-concerned-about-half-life-alyx/
Cyberpunk 2077 is scheduled for release on April 16th, while Half-Life: Alyx is releasing somewhere in March. In a recent earnings call, Michal Andrzej Nowakowski, Senior VP in CD Projekt Red , was asked if he is worried about Half-Life: Alyx being a highly anticipated release and pulling gamers away from Cyberpunk 2077.

“VR remains an extremely nichey niche of the market, like it’s very, very small.That niche is very, very, very — and I could add a few verys here — small.” Michal Andrzej Nowakowski
Love'em.

Last edited:
Of course, Valve has right to develop their game focusing VR platform, but by doing so they'll automatically alienate me from their new game's consumer base.

No shit? It's like saying you're being alienated by a game on a PS4 because it requires you to go buy the PS4 :p

I have mixed feelings for VR, i've had the Oculus Rift twice and i now have PS4 VR.. When its done right i feel that i'm done using outdated controls and a 2D screen. When it's poor or it's a "demo" type of game i get the feeling its gimmicky and lazy and that i've had enough of it.

I do think its important to support VR though, just like it was important to get a 3D card when they just came out, and important for developers to support these 3D cards, even if we were a really small crowd with these expensive cards. There wasnt a lot of games for them (the first 3D card i owned was the Rendition Vérité V1000) and people would argue many games were gimmicky and just done to show this new 3D tech..

It's great to see bigger companies like Valve doing something with it and i sure wish CDP would think outside "we can't make enough monies" or "too few have it" box.. in return they could make something that will be remembered forever for the medium, like e.g Quake (for 3D cards).

Bah it's all about money in the gaming businesses don't let others say otherwise.:rolleyes:

Innovation usually comes from the indie hipsters who waste all there money, and sometimes succeed in the end. You know the fairy-tale developer ending which happens very rarely might I add.

Anyway Valve has nothing to lose as long as that Steam revenue keeps pouring in.

Last edited:
No shit? It's like saying you're being alienated by a game on a PS4 because it requires you to go buy the PS4 :p

It's not like I've said that. I really did though using other words. If Half-Like: Alyx really becomes exclusive to VR platforms then I don't see myself buying it because I really don't intend to buy VR equipment, again at least in medium term (if ever).

When a game is exclusive to PS4 only (e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn) then you or Joxer can say "this developer chose to alienate me from their game consumer base because I or Joxer won't buy a PS4 console only to play it" (as if Joxer had not said it many times here before :p :p :p)

As for the PS4 platform used in your example quoted above, well… I'll be alienated from its games only if they require PS4 VR because the PS4 console I do already have :)

Seriously Vurt, I don't know if the verb "to alienate" may be correctly used the way I did in my previous post. I wanted to use it meaning like "to oust" or "to expel".

Last edited:
My son has the oculus rift s I believe. It’s cool to play around with but 2 things keep me from embracing VR as a viable gaming option for me.

The lack of quality games and finding a solution for free form movement without getting motion sickness. When those 2 issues are solve I’ll adopt it.

I’m more interested in VR right now for movies or tv programs. Also sporting events. Being able to sit in a seat at the game in VR while really being in my living room is quite cool.

@henriquejr;: I only meant it's kind of obvious that it'll do that under the circumstances of not even intending to buy VR.

@sakichop;: motion sickness was something people complained about when 3D games became popular too.. "i can't play Doom because i feel motionsick!", very common back then. You don't see it these days, i think it's because people have gotten used to it. I did get motion sickness in the beginning with VR.

Lack of quality games, not really.. ofc, the library is way smaller for VR than for regular gaming, that is obvious. But at this point i would argue there are at least 50'ish titles that i would say are high quality products and which is also in a quite wide range of genres. There's WAY more crap than good games though. You can easily get fatigued if playing too many of those games. Some of these titles are even kind of highly ranked for some reason, like Superhot, i think it's a shit game.

@henriquejr;: I only meant it's kind of obvious that it'll do that under the circumstances of not even intending to buy VR.

@sakichop;: motion sickness was something people complained about when 3D games became popular too.. "i can't play Doom because i feel motionsick!", very common back then. You don't see it these days, i think it's because people have gotten used to it. I did get motion sickness in the beginning with VR.

Lack of quality games, not really.. ofc, the library is way smaller for VR than for regular gaming, that is obvious. But at this point i would argue there are at least 50'ish titles that i would say are high quality products and which is also in a quite wide range of genres. There's WAY more crap than good games though. You can easily get fatigued if playing too many of those games. Some of these titles are even kind of highly ranked for some reason, like Superhot, i think it's a shit game.

Obviously it’s subjective but I haven’t found anything worth playing for more than a few hours. I’m open to suggestions though.

@sakichop;
It really depends on what you enjoy. I'm arguing back and forth with myself if i should get PC VR again because i really want to enjoy No Man's Sky in VR, and also Subnautica and later on HL Alyx.. Asgard's Wrath seems quite good too. Arizona Sunshine is pretty cool. Elite Dangerous too. Fallout 4 and Skyrim, both pretty decent. Stormland (didn't play) seems cool. Lone Echo, also didn't play yet but its something i would get for VR..
The new Flight Simulator from MS seems absolutely incredible too. There are plenty of driving games (no bigger interest for me) that seems cool. DCS if you like flight sims.

Cyberpunk 2077 Mike Pondsmith Interview - GamesIndustry.biz
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most anticipated game releases of next year -- an exciting addition to a cult series of games, and a bookend to the PlayStation 4 era. Pondsmith is working closely with Polish developer CD Projekt Red on 2077, which promises a rich reinterpretation of the tabletop world that he created decades ago through his acclaimed publishing company R. Talsorian Games.

"I'm just kind of astounded at how much positive reactions people have, that people really want to see this game and they're rooting for it," he tells GamesIndustry.biz.

Read some impressions from people who got to see new gameplay at DreamHack here in Sweden...

Very mixed impressions, some positive but i read plenty of people thinking it looked so-so.. Gunplay / action parts looked poor and the chat wheel left people unimpressed. The various ways you could solve the missions on were extremely predictable.

On the positive side people write that first person view is very immersive. Deus Ex is mentioned by several, "a more worthy follow up to the first Deux Ex" says one person.

Graphically people said it could go from fantastic to looking like a Xbox 360 game.

Read some impressions from people who got to see new gameplay at DreamHack here in Sweden…

Very mixed impressions, some positive but i read plenty of people thinking it looked so-so.. Gunplay / action parts looked poor and the chat wheel left people unimpressed. The various ways you could solve the missions on were extremely predictable.

On the positive side people write that first person view is very immersive. Deus Ex is mentioned by several, "a more worthy follow up to the first Deux Ex" says one person.

Graphically people said it could go from fantastic to looking like a Xbox 360 game.

That last sentence disqualifies their takes pretty much entirely. I invite anybody who disagrees to load up an Xbox 360 game (ANY Xbox 360 game) and remind themselves what they looked like.

also: what chat wheel? I can't rule out that I simply haven't seen a more recent iteration of the design, but in none of the gameplay I've seen is there a chat wheel.

@JFarrell71; Yeah that sounds over exaggerated for sure, it simply means they thought the graphics were a bit all over the place (which might not be too strange, some parts might not be finished, but you'd think they'd probably show the more finished areas though..)

This was last week (or in the weekend probably) so i'm pretty sure this is the latest version of the game, they were not allowed to film. Only 1000 people were allowed (around 700 came)… it was a live demo, the game even crashed once heh

From the Video Games Awards.

Behind the Music

Grimes's performance (she's playing Lizzi Wizzy in the game)

Cyberpunk 2077 Richard Borzymowski Interview - MCV/Develop
As the upcoming launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looms large in the distance, currently slated for April 2020, it’s hard not to wonder if CD Projekt Red is feeling the pressure. The studio has a stellar reputation, following its astronomical success with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – a hard act for Cyberpunk to follow, which also marks the studio’s first title outside the fantasy novels from which Geralt sprung. Cyberpunk 2077 is set in a dark future that could hardly be more different from its previous work. It is another adaptation, though, this time of the cult pen-and-paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020 created by Mike Pondsmith way back in 1988. And that presents a new set of challenges and opportunities for what is the most highly-anticipated title of 2020.

While adapting Andrzej Sapkowski’s fantasy book series for The Witcher was a comparatively smooth transition, adapting a pen-and-paper RPG into an open world game with real-time combat was more taxing, as the game’s producer, Richard Borzymowski explains: “The thing is, every pen-and-paper RPG is essentially turn-based. It’s dice throwing, right? That doesn’t really work when there’s a zillion bullets flying across the screen.”

As the upcoming launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looms large in the distance, currently slated for April 2020, it’s hard not to wonder if CD Projekt Red is feeling the pressure. The studio has a stellar reputation, following its astronomical success with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – a hard act for Cyberpunk to follow, which also marks the studio’s first title outside the fantasy novels from which Geralt sprung.
Cyberpunk 2077 is set in a dark future that could hardly be more different from its previous work. It is another adaptation, though, this time of the cult pen-and-paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020 created by Mike Pondsmith way back in 1988. And that presents a new set of challenges and opportunities for what is the most highly-anticipated title of 2020.

While adapting Andrzej Sapkowski’s fantasy book series for The Witcher was a comparatively smooth transition, adapting a pen-and-paper RPG into an open world game with real-time combat was more taxing, as the game’s producer, Richard Borzymowski explains: “The thing is, every pen-and-paper RPG is essentially turn-based. It’s dice throwing, right? That doesn’t really work when there’s a zillion bullets flying across the screen.”

Does Cyberpunk 2077 hold true to the cyberpunk genre? - PC Gamer
There’s no question that 2077 gets the genre, whatever your fuzzy definition. All the cool surface bits are there, presented more lavishly than we’ve ever seen before: the chrome-and-black style, the nostalgic-meets-futuristic tech, the grime illuminated by bursts of neon. CD Projekt knows the right references to drop, and the studio has demonstrated that its understanding runs a little deeper than that.
A guide to Cyberpunk Red - PC Gamer
In Night City, even the sky glows neon. Radioactive fallout from the Fourth Corporate War has turned dusk and dawn red, some districts are nothing but rubble and abandoned combat tanks, while others have been reclaimed and thrive again.

Back
Top Bottom