Colony Ship - Demo April 15th and Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Colony Ship will release a demo April 15th according to this tweet from Iron Tower Studio and the Steam page is now available.

We've submitted the final build to Steam for approval. If everything goes well, the demo will be released on Apr 15.

In the meantime please wishlist and follow Colony Ship on Steam:https://store.steampowered.com/app/648410/Colony_Ship_A_PostEarth_Role_Playing_Game ...
[...]

It is the Year of Our Lord 2754...

You will never feel the sun's warmth under a blue sky, never hear the wind in the branches of a tree, and never swim in the ocean, all because you had the misfortune to be born on the Ship, chained to a fate you didn't choose. You have never seen Earth and you'll never see Proxima Centauri either. You're doomed to live and die on the Ship in the name of the Mission, like your father before you, like his father before him.

The Ship is old. She had already been twenty years in service when she was rechristened Starfarer - a pretty name for a retrofitted interplanetary freighter. No one is certain the Ship will actually reach its destination, and nobody much cares, since no one alive now will live to see it. Might as well get on with your life and try to make the best of it.

Features:
Colony Ship is an isometric, party-based RPG inspired by Heinlein's Orphans of the Sky. Your character's world is a "generation ship," a massive spacecraft on a centuries long voyage to colonize a distant planet. The Ship's original government has been disbanded following a violent mutiny and you must negotiate a treacherous path among your fellow passengers and the contentious factions striving to dominate the Ship. Your choices alone will determine who your friends and enemies are.

• Skill-based character system, with feats and biological implants.
  • Tactical turn-based combat, featuring standard as well as targeted attacks and weapon-specific special attacks such as Fanning and Long Burst.
  • Multiple quest solutions, mutually exclusive questlines, and a branching main storyline.
  • 12 recruitable party members with different personalities, agendas, and beliefs.
  • 3 main factions and a score of lesser factions and groups.
  • A large arsenal including melee weapons, firearms, energy pistols, grenades, and fancy electronic gadgets like the Reality Distortion Field.
  • Different environments to explore, from the Engine Room and Hydroponics to the dystopian cities of the Habitat and the Wasteland, the now uncharted corridors and decks that bore the brunt of the fighting during the Mutiny.
More information.

Combat beta has been going on for a month or so now with mostly positive reactions.

I am not sure if the demo is combat only or more to be honest.

EDIT
Apparently three months of testing and it is combat only demo.

I'm reading through the announcement but posted too fast :)

This studio always makes good games, so I'll support them when this one comes out. Not sure I want to bother with the demo, but I can't wait for the final game to be out.

This is kind of project where I have feeling developers are making game they would like to play themself. Even though I may be wrong, the feeling is refreshing and I will get full game as soon as its released.

This is kind of project where I have feeling developers are making game they would like to play themself.
You're not wrong.

Don't worry, we are paying attention! Quality game.
Unlike most the other Big Company Investor Money Laundering AAA JUNK poured onto Steam, like SHT exploding from a septic truck.

Don't worry, we are paying attention! Quality game.
Unlike most the other Big Company Investor Money Laundering AAA JUNK poured onto Steam, like SHT exploding from a septic truck.

So should we be as critical of it as you are of other games?

If they ever make a game with a nice magic system I may play my first ITS game. I'm not much for choice and consequences. I find it to be massively over-rated for my specific tastes. However, I've heard nothing but good stuff from the community.

I played a few fights. It's pretty good. Very similar to Age of Decadence combat. Main difference I've noticed is aimed attacks. In AoD if you aimed your crossbow for a specific body part, it actually lowered the accuracy (e.g., -15%). In Colony Ship, there's actually a slight bonus in some cases. There's still snap shots with pistols that have a accuracy penalty but use fewer action points.

Also, there's a cover system.

Anyway, I think combat will be plenty satisfying for a game that isn't all about combat; especially when you get to control multiple party members. But if you really dislike AoD's TB combat you probably won't like this either.

I played up to the third fight. Seems decent enough, but I wish the demo showcased more than just combat. Also, it seems like RNG is a major factor which I'm not a big fan of.

Something weird as far as the demo on steam. If I search for the demo, I find it, but upon clicking I get redirected to the game's steam page, and not the demo's. Anyone else experiencing this?

I was able to download the demo directly from the main Steam page. Did you try that?

I was able to download the demo directly from the main Steam page. Did you try that?

The main page doesn't list it. If I search for it, I find it in the listing, but the link seems to point to the full game, which is not released.

Can you please paste the url to the demo, to see if I get the same link? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom