RPGWatch Feature - GOTY 2020 - Best RPG

So "none" was number 1? …and there we go :p

No, "none" was #3:

All other games scored a percentage of less than 1.3%. And for the record, The first 3 games had respectively 26%, 21% and 6% of the votes. But the game that should have been in 3rd spot is None, which had 20% of the votes.

But it was lacking in some aspects.

It's certainly strong in the open-ended world aspect, and it is the game you can sink the most amount of time into with almost endless replayability.

Voting for none? Seems awfully self-congratulatory, since most of us participated in the development of none.

Like HiddenX, I'm flabbergasted that Cold Steel three didn't break the top ten, especially on this site. Ahhh well, ya'll don't know what you're missing! As for Wasteland three getting the top nod, good on them and likely well-earned!

Yeah how about no.Wasteland 3 is a consolation prize last year that's all.:p

Do we know how the "Most Anticipated" vote looked in the end?
No it's not posted yet but given trends on this site it's bound to have

• Baldur's Gate 3
  • Solasta: Crown of the Magister
  • Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  • ELEX 2
This is based off the comments for the poll.

• Baldur's Gate 3
  • ELEX 2

That would be my list but I'm not sure we can really trust the comments. W3 didn't get much love in them and now it's the goty.

• Baldur's Gate 3
  • ELEX 2
You have 2 out of four correct :)

I find Wolcen a curious choice at 9th place. I haven't played it myself, but the reviews on Steam have kept me away. I am curious if people voted for it as a default choice, or if they really enjoy it
I am also surprised with H:ZD at 3rd place, because I've seen reviews say the rpg elements are weak (or questions if it is an rpg), even if the game itself is good.

Fits into the same category as Diablo. Not as good as Last Epoch imo.

Wow, how could CP2077 not win this? I guess people expectations was just tooooo high.......

Wow, how could CP2077 not win this? I guess people expectations was just tooooo high…….

It was released 21 days before the end of the year and was very buggy in 2020. That's why, I'd think. Had it been released in the state it is now, I'd guess it had won.

I missed the vote but didn't play many new games last year so wouldn't have contributed much anyway. I'm fine with WL3 for the win, I believe that was the only RPG I played last year that was also released last year...

Back
Top Bottom