Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Post Launch and Season Pass Trailer

There's a reason why I wait to play every new Assassin Creed game.

I give you exhibit A.

Assassins-Creed-Valhall-Post-Launch-Content-Roadmap-2048x955.jpg

Two major expansions will come to the game in 2021 as part of the Season Pass, and the first round of post-launch content begins this December with the release of Season 1, which will include access to free seasonal content and in-game events, like the Viking Yule Festival, as well as new settlement buildings and game modes. Check below for a full rundown of what else is planned for Season 1, which will be available free to all players:

• A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
  • A traditional Viking Festival, the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
  • A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic, the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
  • The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
  • Season 1 and subsequent seasons will also come with new player skills and abilities; weapons and gear; and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
Season 2, also free to all players, will follow on March 2021, and will also include free content including a new combat-oriented game mode, a Jomsviking update, and Settlement festivals, along with new gear and cosmetic items. Details on Season 3 will be revealed at a later date, but Season 2 isn’t the only content coming in 2021.

Last edited:
As I won't be playing this game before Y7 and CP, I might as well wait till all the planned content is released.

I don't think it looks good at all. I really liked the Egypt one but these last two seem like rushed re-skins and not interesting settings either. I don't give a fig about vikings or Norse mythology.

Will definitely be skipping this one, hopefully the next one takes time and is a major upgrade in tech, and in a much more interesting historical setting. (I would love to see a game set in Central America/Mexico/North America with the conquistadors converting the natives, for example, not so PC, but a fascinating era)

I don't think it looks good at all. I really liked the Egypt one but these last two seem like rushed re-skins and not interesting settings either. I don't give a fig about vikings or Norse mythology.

Will definitely be skipping this one, hopefully the next one takes time and is a major upgrade in tech, and in a much more interesting historical setting. (I would love to see a game set in Central America/Mexico/North America with the conquistadors converting the natives, for example, not so PC, but a fascinating era)

I'm not sure how the next one could be a major upgrade in tech. I mean, it's not like it's a very old engine, and it looks excellent from a visual standpoint.

I share your opinion about the setting though. This might be something I pick up once it's 50% off, but I won't be going out of my way to play it anytime soon. I'm already way too familiar with Ubisoft's paradigm.

I'll probably pick it up. Sounds interesting enough (which doesn't imply "plausible") and I regularly spend enough time in AC games to get my money's worth of entertainment out of it, so I personally don't doubt that it will be the same with this one. I was a bit skeptical with Origins, since they changed a lot there, but in the end, I was also well entertained by that and jumped right into odyssey, which was also good enough to have fun.

I actually enjoyed Odyssey and finished it and even the first expansion too. The Origins was fine, but didn't even finish it. And before that, the last game I played was AC3. But played, enjoyed AND finished… The Enzo ones.

After being burnt out of Origins, I waited a long time before Odyssey sparked my interest. The game was optimized by then, with all expansions, etc. Maybe that contributed to being a more polished game and a better experience.

But it's a tipe of game that after spending dozens of hours in, it will take at least 2 years before I crave for it again. Also, Viking mithology doesn't spark my interest, unlike the roman and greek classic era.

Maybe a year from now I'll check this game out.

(Of course, launching this game at the same time as Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs Legion didn't do it any favours. And I like Yakuza games too, so next month will be a busy one.)

I like the setting, but I am a fan of everything that is set during medieval times. I also liked the setting of the last 2 games, although it comes second to me as a preferred time period. On the other hand I would not be interested much in a game set during colonial conquest times. To each their own I guess :)

That said, like Couchpotato I'll probably wait for a complete edition. I don't think I even have the graphics card to do this game justice.

Part of me want to buy it but another part want to wait. As JDR said above, I am so familiar with Ubisoft game design after Origins and Odyssey, I doubt I will even get good 30 hours of fun out of this before getting bored. Must resist!

Converting? You mean slaughtering in vast numbers. That's not just "not PC". Genocide would be one hell of a game premise.

Yeah Blood for the Blood God.:cm:
u-g-F5ES6R0.jpg

Seems to me that's already the norm in most games.

We do tend to kill a lot of people in games, but there's usually at least a flimsy justification for why they're the bad guys. Our protagonist also usually doesn't wipe out thousands of men, women and children.

That's because it's not an option in most games. Given the opportunity, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few gamers did.

Maybe so. But you don't have to create a game about the subject OF genocide. "Hey sociopaths, here finally is the game for you! Get children sick and watch them die! Soak the towns of defenseless villages in blood! Shoot the deadly Jaguar warriors with your superior weapons!" Fuck that.

Back
Top Bottom