New Square Enix games on GoG

Awesome. Got both the Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex Collections.

Same - also picked up the three Thief games. I have most of this on Steam, but would rather have it on GoG. Need to do some replay once I finish NWN2!

With Steam you technically don't own the games and can't (usually) play them without Steam installed. Steam can ban your account and you lose access to your game library. GoG you can download the game install and play when or where ever you like, irrespective of having a GoG account or being connected to GoG in any way.

Plus, GOG Galaxy is really turning out to be a nice platform. 2.0 has integrated profiles and achievements from Steam, Origin, UPlay, Battle.net, Playstation, and more stuff all the time. And the integrations don't always come from GOG themselves - usually it's grassroots modders that make them so you can usually count on them being updated/supported.

I'm vain and I like profile candy and that's probably the only thing stopping me from going to Galaxy completely 100%. Otherwise, I use it to launch all my non-Steam games (since I can't stand Origin and UPlay). GOG could easily overtake Steam with this.

Funny enough I already own most of those new games, but I always buy them on GOG again .Mostly because they are DRM-Free.

Deus Ex mankind divided on GoG also does not have Denuvo (compared to the Steam version).

By the way, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 are DRM Free on Steam (you can run the games directly from the game folder without the need for the Steam client).

Deus Ex mankind divided on GoG also does not have Denuvo (compared to the Steam version).

By the way, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 are DRM Free on Steam (you can run the games directly from the game folder without the need for the Steam client).

Too bad I can't seem to run Dungeon Siege 1 on Steam on Win10. It crashes with all sorts of issues. And I can't be bothered to fix it.

On GOG it work flawlessly. And I was also able to force it to run at 3440x1440. GOG is the best! Besides the fact that you're not tied to them.

Too bad I can't seem to run Dungeon Siege 1 on Steam on Win10. It crashes with all sorts of issues. And I can't be bothered to fix it.

On GOG it work flawlessly. And I was also able to force it to run at 3440x1440. GOG is the best! Besides the fact that you're not tied to them.

I think much of the credit must go to the developer of Dgvoodoo2. They use their wrapper for their games. I use this program (it's easy to use by the way) for my pre Dx9 games and could run 80% of them flawlessly.

Anyway it's good to finally see Dungeon Siege series on Gog. I hope they can put the expansions to the collection in the future. It's also nice to see last two games of Deus Ex with such a price.

I think much of the credit must go to the developer of Dgvoodoo2. They use their wrapper for their games. I use this program (it's easy to use by the way) for my pre Dx9 games and could run 80% of them flawlessly.

Are you sure the GOG version uses Dgvoodoo2? I just did a quick search in the instalation folder of the game, and found nothing to jump at me.

But if they do use it, then yeah, of course. Credit where credit is due. In that case I wonder if GOG had to pay anything. Or did the devs of Dgvoodoo2 release the tool to be used commercially free of charge? Anyways, that's beside the point.

Main point is Steam didn't even bother with that. I've had several games so far that I can't run when installed from Steam. They really don't have the same respect for the games they sell. This is another main reason to support GOG.

Dgvoodoo2 only needs two custom directx dll files that copied in the game's folder. So it can be easy to miss.

I think if I could buy games anywhere, I would prefer them on GoG. I never use Steam's friends, never look at achievements or cards, and when I started my first game on Steam, I immediately quit in disgust and looked around for how to turn off the overlay. I turned off all Steam notifications because when I'm playing a game I don't want to be pulled out of the experience.

Still, I'm probably not going to be buying any games at GoG or anywhere else for a while. It's all Epic's fault. I now have a backlog of dozens of games, many of which I've actually wanted to play for a while. And I don't think I can justify spending money on a game when I have literally dozens of unplayed games on Epic, and they keeping giving out more every week.

Back
Top Bottom