craziest news ever? like ever? iPad gets iriginal sin 2

Oh I've seen crazier news, like photos of slaves in China making iPhones.

That is kinda crazy, AI! Original Sin 2 has more data than an Ipad can hold, so I assume it needs some type of external media?

That is kinda crazy, AI! Original Sin 2 has more data than an Ipad can hold, so I assume it needs some type of external media?

My assumption is that they are working off of the Nintendo Switch port, which downloads at only ~12GB or so.

My assumption is that they are working off of the Nintendo Switch port, which downloads at only ~12GB or so.
That has to be compressed it's over 20+ on the PC. Graphics are probably downgraded as well. Still not bad. It's nice to play games on the go with the switch sometimes.

That has to be compressed it's over 20+ on the PC. Graphics are probably downgraded as well. Still not bad. It's nice to play games on the go with the switch sometimes.

The Switch port of Divinity II is truly a wonder ... it brings everything along, and while I know things are compressed and downgraded they don’t FEEL that way (unlike Witcher 3, which I am just happy it runs, and Outer Worlds, which is kind of a mess waiting for more patches).

I will always prefer keyboard & mouse, but agree that the portability of the Switch along with decent controls makes many games a blast to play. (The newly released Duke Nukem 3D and Star Wars Ep 1 Racer ports are also fun!)

Oh believe me, playing pn myiPad Pro 2017s larger display with 256mb and an apple pencil perfect for selecting pc style icons and commands will be way better tyan that crappy chinese knockoff product from nintendo known as the switch. avernun and baldurs gate proved how superior it is to it for pc style rpgs.

will be way better tyan that crappy chinese knockoff product from nintendo known as the switch.

Ugh ... can you NOT? No need to bash ANY platform here ... cut the crap. We all are GAMERS - sure we have preferences, but no need to be an a$$hat about it.

I LOVE my 2017 iPad Pro, it remains so incredibly powerful I have as yet resisted getting a newer one ... but I also love my Mac, PC, Chromebook, Surface Pro, Linux box, Android phone/tablet ... AND yes, my Switch.

OK ... enough of that.

Also cool news from WWDC - the iPadOS update will support direct keyboard & mouse inputs for iPad games. Awesome.

I do not mind the switch actually but it was you guys who turned the conversation away from the iPad which this post was about lol. it became a switch love thread all of a sudden instead of the tablet of talets which is what this thread was about. the tablet that could. the tablet that came out of the mysterious wonders of cupertino unveiled by the great jobs. In all seirousness, I dont own as witch so I dont care about talking about it and there is a gaming bar i have beaten all the games on it i care about anyway which is only mario odyssey. Im happy with my iPad and 3ds and pc via steam for my gaming.

tactile controls are obviously better for shooters or many genres of games but olds chool and western rpgs work better via touch especially via a stylus like the 3ds has or the ipad apple pencil. so your arguments saying it is better one witch than it will be on iPad i o is futile and wrong. It might even be better than the console versions due to this fact.

I do not mind the switch actually but it was you guys who turned the conversation away from the iPad which this post was about lol.

You completely trashed the Switch in one post but ‘don’t mind it’. Um, yeah sure.

The post was about Divinity Original Sin 2 coming to iPad. A question was posted about the game size, and I used the size of the Switch version as a likely and logical reference point for the iPad port.

Then I noted that the Switch port is excellent in terms of performance, graphics and gameplay. ALL in service of my support for the likely high quality of the iPad version which should be awesome, especially based on the WWDC analysis video where they were looking at rendering pipelines and optimizing performance in D:OS2.

Question - what do you think the price will be? $20? $30 with an initial $15-20 sale? That is what I think will be a great spot for maximizing sales #/$.

I don’t mind It existing, but I’m not obsessed about it nor think it is some holy grail to portable gaming. I think the price will be subscription based or tied to Apple Arcade.

Last edited:
To tell the truth I am thinking of getting the vita still and almost had it for a hundred bucks but had too many portable games on other systems to get through like3ds so I passed it and regret it. I’d get a vita over switch any day.

I’d get a vita over switch any day.

Based on what, exactly?

I have both - and love both. I love playing loads of games on the Vita - my favorites are the Legend of Heroes games, as well as a number of action games such as Killzone Mercenary and a whole bunch of PSP games (had PSP systems since Day 1 in 2005).

For the Switch, I love ‘PC gaming on the go’ - live Divinity Original Sin 2, Witcher 2, Outer Worlds, Pillars of Eternity, Diablo 3, Wolfenstein II, Doom (originals, 3 BFG and 2016), and on and on. And of course Zelda :)

And I love gaming on my iPad, but tend to do it less these days .. but I use it for other stuff (productivity, portable music studio) more.

i like the vita form factor more.

y8l153th0aux.png

How do you mean - in terms of size? Button layout? User interface?

Genuine questions ... I love both systems quite a bit and still actively use both so just looking for other perspectives.

I like the fact it is smaller and easier to pocket or carry around and the dual analog layout more. Also, it is less finicky to having joycomes come out because it is all one soldered piece. The analogs I think are better as well. It is also roughly half the price on the used markets of amazon and such.

I like the fact it is smaller and easier to pocket or carry around and the dual analog layout more. Also, it is less finicky to having joycomes come out because it is all one soldered piece. The analogs I think are better as well. It is also roughly half the price on the used markets of amazon and such.

Cool - thanks for the perspective :)

It is really sad that from the beginning Sony never seemed invested in the Vita. There are good games, but just not enough ... it could really have taken off, instead it ended up as one of those poorly selling systems on the scrap-heap of history. Playing Borderlands 2 on Vita and Switch shows how much of a lost opportunity Sony had - you have dual analog sticks but the game plays like garbage.

Back
Top Bottom