Heads rolling at Ubisoft

PR Nightmare - how many people REALLY care about this and have the power to actually do anything about it independently?
Lost Revenue - from what? I doubt sales would be effected and legal costs presume evidence of a crime and/or damages.
You must be living under a rock with all the cancel culture going on in the US. Never underestimate the power of Twitter. As it's what started this whole mass firing.

One highly placed female ex-employee came out on Twitter and interview articles.

As for revenue you better believe it some of the biggest investors are liberal/leftists and they own a percentage of every major company. Money equals power in business.

A worded veiled threat to the company and shareholders panic. Add that with the online mob it works. Bottom line is a company cares more about its brand power, and image.

It's not hard to understand look at the BLM movement and the various responses. Now with that I'm done do your own research for more information. Its on the internet.

You must be living under a rock with all the cancel culture going on in the US. Never underestimate the power of Twitter. As it's what started this whole mass firing.
I see it I just don't understand why it works, hence the thread. BLM is working in the US because it's an election year, but for the corporations... well for example I thought most investors had managed accounts which are driven by metrics not pr.

I wonder why in right wing poland ive never heard of anyone especially a ceo being fired or stepping down over feminism? they reularly bash lgtb or gays here for sakes. i mean they just had an election and guess who wonz. again starbucks never would in poland or any store cater to people coming in and jut sitting here in fact theyll throw shit on you probably the customer service is like this.

Last edited:
Ahh, I love the smell of lawyers in the morning.

Seriously, these companies are "scared" because of the obligatory litigation that might follow -- so they get proactive and get rid of the guy before the sh*tstorm.

Sexual accusations are extremely hard to settle in court (see Johnny&Amber right now) and can seriously damage the reputation of your company.

again i doubt anywhere in europe especially poland anyone has to deal with this? ive never heard of even companies in poland not standing behind employees when they stewl from you at bars or clubs much less some femińists.

So apaprently I am not allowed to have an opinion on this forum even when writing it in the off topic section if it goes against modern culturalt rends of za erica or the anglo saxon liberalism of today.

You created a thread with contents that was in conflict with the Term of Service of this site. Yes, on these forums your freedom of speech is restricted. So, stop nagging about it. If you continue, you will be moderated again.

I don't care about Ubisoft leadership and I don't know enough about this case to make any sound analysis, but it is the principle which worries me. Nowdays in the news it seems that the accusation of someone doing something nasty is enough for the judgement. Like really beliving that is no fire without smoke everytime.

The western ideal of not guilty unless proven so is disregarded more often in these "public trials". It worries me that the fear of angry twitter mob is enough for the companies to throw their employees under the bus.

The other thing is people are fired from jobs for things they may have said or writen ten, twenty or even thirty years ago… It is just silly. Can't people change over time for the better?

You created a thread with contents that was in conflict with the Term of Service of this site. Yes, on these forums your freedom of speech is restricted. So, stop nagging about it. If you continue, you will be moderated again.

why dont you admit you think your a big man with a big stick and like to abuse power and are against freedom of speech then? big boy pants.

TBH, I think tolerance is being taken to a fault, here. This exceptionally obvious troll is detrimental to the forum.

your detrimental to reality. again why are you and your liebral views right and for instance poland and eastern europe wrong? what did I say that is objectively wrong or you can prove to be wrong?

Whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant if what you post conflicts with the ToS.

For instance, I might call someone a massive ******* and be completely correct about it, yet it would still violate the ToS and hence it would rightfully be subject to moderator action (if moderators become aware of it).

That's how it works.

Whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant if what you post conflicts with the ToS.
Bingo I've been warned before and admitted it's my fault.:)

Here a comic for reference for those that complain.

free_speech.png

Let’s get back to the topic about Ubisoft.

Removed everything that was off topic after my ‘request’ to stay on topic, which was all 6 posts after mine.
I don’t want to keep on doing this, so I prefer everybody to stop with this line of action, as I don’t want to take away anyone’s posting rights.

I don't know much of what's going on with Ubisoft, I really don't follow the social media or twitter, but to me integrity matters. I've stopped eating at Whetherspoons despite enjoying the place and the food, because the CEO was immoral and greedy when Covid rolled out and left hundreds of employees in the streets without sustenance, while everyone in was trying to be solidary to help each others out. I've stopped supporting any of Riot games after stories of misconduct, sexism and sexual harassment became public and notorious. And I definitely will stop supporting Ubisoft in any way considering some of these rotten behaviours, things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhYT5Lgp98

As a consequence, I cancelled my plans to purchase Assassin's Creed Valhalla Collector's Edition preorder, and when the game is out I will simply subscribe to Uplay for 1 month to finish the game at minimum cost, to never look back.

I don't belong to any current of thought, sect or group, and I don't care to be represented by any because I am my own self. I don't care about making a difference or not, or getting a message across. All I care is about moral integrity, and my own satisfaction as a person, with the standards that I'd like to pass on to my children if we are to have a future we can be proud of as a species.

To me, it matters, and it's not just about making good games, movies, or being a genius. You also need to be decent. And at Ubisoft, some things aren't being half decent at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom