Biomutant - Official May The Furrth Trailer

It's interesting to me that playing a talking animal character in a game makes you a "furry". Does playing a robed wizard make you a LARPer? Does playing, I don't know, Call of Duty make you a soldier? Role-playing games consist of nothing but playing characters who look or dress up in ways that most of us will never consider looking or dressing up, but somehow this is different? I don't dress up as Deadpool or whatever when I go to comic cons, and I wouldn't dress up like a cast member from Cats, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play as a bear paladin or whatever.

It's surprising what people are offended by these days. A few years ago, my comment would've elicited a chuckle. It was never meant to be demeaning to anyone. There is nothing wrong with you if you like furry rpgs. The same can't be said for those who can't tolerate opinions differing from their own.

Welcome to 2021. I agree that people are offended way too easily lately.

That said, I think you might be making a mistake by dismissing Biomutant so quickly. I'm not a fan at all of the character design, but the world and exploration look really solid from what I've seen. It's also post-apoc, so that's more bonus points right there afaic.

Welcome to 2021. I agree that people are offended way too easily lately.

That said, I think you might be making a mistake by dismissing Biomutant so quickly. I'm not a fan at all of the character design, but the world and exploration look really solid from what I've seen. It's also post-apoc, so that's more bonus points right there afaic.

I personally wasn't offended, but to make such a clearly discriminating comment and then come out saying "oh, did I really offend people?" was just absurd. If you want to be a douche, sure, but at least own it up when you are confronted about it.

In any case, to return to the topic, I think the furry thing may be going too far now. I personally don't like that the protagonist is some sort of raccoon, and I can't tell if that's why the game doesn't look appealing to me, but I can't find any other reason, as the game looks good in general.

In any case, to return to the topic, I think the furry thing may be going too far now. I personally don't like that the protagonist is some sort of raccoon, and I can't tell if that's why the game doesn't look appealing to me, but I can't find any other reason, as the game looks good in general.

I can't say I've ever wanted to roleplay a raccoon, but honestly, I think I'd get over it within the first few hours *if* the game is good.

I almost didn't play Horizon Zero Dawn because I couldn't stand the way Aloy looked at first in addition to not wanting to play a female protagonist anyways. It annoyed me for all of about the first 2 hours. I ended up playing it for around 170.

Ahhh, the fond memories I have of playing Chilly Willy, my ferocious, mutated penguin from the Gamma World pnp game. Gosh, if a video game came along that allowed me to capture even a tenth of that enjoyment, I'd pony up the funds immediately, no questions asked!! Such is most of life, I suspect, trying to recapture those older, splendid memories.

Ahhh, the fond memories I have of playing Chilly Willy, my ferocious, mutated penguin from the Gamma World pnp game. Gosh, if a video game came along that allowed me to capture even a tenth of that enjoyment, I'd pony up the funds immediately, no questions asked!! Such is most of life, I suspect, trying to recapture those older, splendid memories.

*Edit* I misinterpreted that. I thought you were being sarcastic at first. :)

Last edited:
It seems like we're seeing more furies-like RPGs of late. Soon we'll probably see a game based on the Redwall series.
Redwall!
I enjoyed the early books in that series when I was in my mid-teens (I understand there's a heap of them now).
I'd totally welcome a computer RPG that was faithful to them. I distinctly remember a barbarian sparrow and big armoured badgers.

As for this game, I think it shows definite promise, but I'll def be waiting on reviews etc.

I chuckled at this trailer. I'm pretty sure my kids will love this and we'll have a blast taking turns playing this.

I chuckled at this trailer. I'm pretty sure my kids will love this and we'll have a blast taking turns playing this.

Let us know what you think if you end up getting it. I'm interested in hearing some first-hand impressions.. especially in regards to the exploration and combat.

There seems to be a review embargo until it's released, but I'd rather hear user opinions anyways.

Let us know what you think if you end up getting it. I'm interested in hearing some first-hand impressions.. especially in regards to the exploration and combat.

There seems to be a review embargo until it's released, but I'd rather hear user opinions anyways.
Sure. If I buy it I will write some words about it.

Back
Top Bottom