S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Gameplay Trailer

Have to admit I like the trailer.
But it doesn't say if this new game will repeat what made me uninstall the first game after half an hour.
Instarespawns. Back or not? I guess I'll have tho wait till the game is released.

Looks great. I loved the original Stalker. Have to admit I never got into the others. May have to give CoP another try before the new one.

Looks great. I loved the original Stalker. Have to admit I never got into the others. May have to give CoP another try before the new one.

I never really properly played any of them. I have owned CoP for years and have technically played it, but I didn't get very far. I absolutely love the atmosphere, but couldn't get into the gameplay flow. This trailer sent me looking for mods to update CoP for possibly another try. Thinking about Anomaly.

I never really properly played any of them. I have owned CoP for years and have technically played it, but I didn't get very far. I absolutely love the atmosphere, but couldn't get into the gameplay flow. This trailer sent me looking for mods to update CoP for possibly another try. Thinking about Anomaly.

Just curious, but you know CoP is the third game in the trilogy right? I'd recommend starting with SoC.

Just curious, but you know CoP is the third game in the trilogy right? I'd recommend starting with SoC.

Yeah, I know it's the 3rd. Seems to be the best, though, from what I've heard. From what I understand, SoC was much loved but also buggy as hell and Clear Skies (?) was the worst of the three. I probably won't end up ever playing through all of them so I'm fine just playing CoP. And if I ever end up loving it and finishing it, I'm fine going in wackological order.

Yeah, I know it's the 3rd. Seems to be the best, though, from what I've heard. From what I understand, SoC was much loved but also buggy as hell and Clear Skies (?) was the worst of the three. I probably won't end up ever playing through all of them so I'm fine just playing CoP. And if I ever end up loving it and finishing it, I'm fine going in wackological order.

All three of them were pretty buggy at release tbh, but most of the bugs have long been squashed with various mods. If you do decide to play SoC, check out the Starter Pack mod. I think it's probably the best mod for a first-time player. It fixes a lot of things while staying true to the original experience.

Did you check out the 3 pre-orders? last time I paid for a game it didn't cost close to a hundred pounds… I almost bit, nice try :biggrin:

Are we going to pretend this is the first game to have deluxe/ultimate/whatever versions? This is standard stuff. But the game is $59.99... like JDR13 said, just like any other new (AAA) title.

Too shootery for me, but looks good. Maybe something I can try on a sale, when all bugs have been ironed out.

Did you check out the 3 pre-orders? last time I paid for a game it didn't cost close to a hundred pounds… I almost bit, nice try :biggrin:

Well....it is also on gamepass.....

finally a game one can be excited about hopefully they improve the AI...

Seems to be UE4 dialed up to 11, with all the trimmings. Could definitely run on top end PCs, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it makes it to release looking like that.

But, graphics aside, the best thing about this is the quality of the writing and performances. I really hope they do pull this off, because their talent and judgement in that area looks like it could put them in a rare group of developers.

But, graphics aside, the best thing about this is the quality of the writing and performances. I really hope they do pull this off, because their talent and judgement in that area looks like it could put them in a rare group of developers.

I think the older Stalker games (and Metro) have a lot of very good writing, storytelling and characterization. Sometimes you have to look past some rough around the edges, translated from Russian jankiness, but to me at least it shines through. I agree that though I made an O face at the visuals, it's the quality storytelling on display even in this brief trailer that gives me hope this game will be truly something.

Impressive! Between this and Dying Light 2, we must get at least one good game ;)

Back
Top Bottom