C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I'm still annoyed that they cut manual leaning. It would be nice to be able to peak around corners when I'm sneaking.

I also don't understand why the PC version has no walk key. It feels weird that I'm running all of the time. There's already a mod that implements it, but it should have been in the game.

I'm still annoyed that they cut manual leaning. It would be nice to be able to peak around corners when I'm sneaking.

So there is leaning, just that you have to be near objects to do it? I noticed that, in the little I played, you can lean over objects if you aim down sights when near an object. Does that also work sideways?

So there is leaning, just that you have to be near objects to do it? I noticed that, in the little I played, you can lean over objects if you aim down sights when near an object. Does that also work sideways?

There's no way to lean left/right that I'm aware of. You can tell they planned it at one time though because the key binds are still in the config file.

There's no way to lean left/right that I'm aware of. You can tell they planned it at one time though because the key binds are still in the config file.

It really feels like they just stopped development on whatever they were working on and were moved to ready the game for shipping (fixing bugs and polishing) that such a small feature would end up being cut. Like management came in one day and was like: "drop everything you're doing and everybody start on bugs"

There is no leaning left-right-top-bottom nor peaking. The game does it automatically if you RMB aim while behind a cover. IMO it's better than classic solutions.
I doubt it's topped development as it feels like an improvement to me. Tastes?

No walk toggle is an already known issue and will be addressed in upcoming patches.
I have a bigger problem when sneaking and something invisible on the floor causes you to fast slide uncovering you. No, it's not caused by doubletap dodge. Doesn't happen often, but when it does usually it means reload because the game is cheating by bugs in missions you should stealth.

That's too far from GTA5's 250 million copies sold.

Sure it's not GTA level sales but they only needed to sell six million to break even. Now they doubled that and made back over a billion US dollars I'd say it's a big hit.

Now question is how many are PC and console sales. A chart would come in handy right now. Also more sales are incoming over the years as well just like the Witcher games.

Sure it's not GTA level sales but they only needed to sell six million to break even. Now they doubled that and made back over a billion US dollars I'd say it's a big hit.

Now question is how many are PC and console sales. A chart would come in handy right now. Also more sales are incoming over the years as well just like the Witcher games.
I think they need to beat the Witcher 3 to be able to call this a success really.

It was a big gamble for them and they spent a lot of resources on this new IP.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

90% gta 5 cash is from online in recent years, so useless to compare it with this game

I think they need to beat the Witcher 3 to be able to call this a success really.

It was a big gamble for them and they spent a lot of resources on this new IP.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Well Witcher III didn't release near X-mas so it sold more games in the first year. Frankly I don't know the number but I do know lifetime sales are over 50+ million and climbing.

Remember that's over five years not just the first year.
90% gta 5 cash is from online in recent years, so useless to compare it with this game
No it's not as their investors and management boasted the game would have GTA sale numbers. That's why CDPR also planned for the online version to release a year later.

As a reference GTA 5 sold 250+ million since it's release.

Bottom-line 13 million is a damn good number of sales for CP 2077, and no one can say otherwise. Heck most AAA games are lucky to sell maybe 4-5 million at their release.

Re-post form another thread as it has relevance to the topic.

PR backlash has a long lasting effect go ask BioWare. The haters/journalists got all Dlc cancelled for Mass Effect Andromeda. I still have a problem with gamer's who caused it.

Sale wise yes CP 20777 sold well, but stock damage, tarnished brand loyalty, refunds, and lets not forget stock lawsuits will put a damper on something in the long run.

We should expect resignations and other policy's to fix the mismanagement as well. Hopefully the workers don't take the heat. It was the top leaders who screwed up.

I'm reminded of the old Greek tale of Icarus.
Icarus ignored his father's instructions not to fly too close to the sun; when the wax in his wings melted he tumbled out of the sky and fell into the sea where he drowned, sparking the idiom "don't fly too close to the sun". This tragic theme of failure at the hands of hubris contains similarities to that of Phaethon.
CDPR aimed to high and hubris is the outcome once again.

Misread it as copy paste magazine.

6. It was clear years ago that it would have a low-brow sense of humor that routinely punched down, with rampant misogyny and transphobia, and the kind of vulgar and juvenile jokes that only seem “mature” to those weird middle school kids who like to carve naked women onto their school desks.

Anybody knows more about point 8? About the seizure and lashing out of the fans?

Thanks, missed it somehow. I don't think it is possible to cater to everyone. If it is easy, sure make it an option, but otherwise a disclaimer should be enough.

I actually think there might be something 'wrong' with the gaming industry, but it's not cyberpunk. The past twenty years the amount of money involved has risen exponentially (more than hollywood I believe) which changes the industry at its core. It is no longer a niche, attracting more types of persons, the drive is to please all people instead to be creative, etc. Also fewer independent publishers these days I think.

"Rampant transphobia." What do you bet that this take is based entirely on the ad that has been a topic of discussion for over a year? Meanwhile, Claire. Judgmental pricks don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Can't tweet at the author. Tweets are protected. They probably don't like pushback against their ill informed opinions and slander.

Back
Top Bottom