Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Backer-Made Assets

This was pretty interesting!

I had no idea there was so much "backer content" in the game, not to mention the fact that I have aquired (and enjoyed) almost all "backer created items" as well as played "backer created quests".

I'm currently playing the quest in act5, that has obvious "Vault/Fallout" inspirations, and it'll be fun to see if I percieve it differently now after watching this video. ;)

The video didn't seem to contain spoilers, but if one of you feel differently please let me know, and I'll put a warning above! :)

This was pretty interesting!

I had no idea there was so much "backer content" in the game, not to mention the fact that I have aquired (and enjoyed) almost all "backer created items" as well as played "backer created quests".

I'm currently playing the quest in act5, that has obvious "Vault/Fallout" inspirations, and it'll be fun to see if I percieve it differently now after watching this video. ;)
I had no idea there were so many either. I'm not a supporter of backer content as a general rule, but apparently Owlcat gave some direction and support to avoid silly results. To some extent.

I haven't played that part yet, but I'm not convinced that everything is good. I've heard about the quest forcing TB mode, and I really don't think that's a good idea. Then, the vault-looking dungeon seems to look completely out of place, but I'll need to see for myself when I get there.

I had no idea there were so many either. I'm not a supporter of backer content as a general rule, but apparently Owlcat gave some direction and support to avoid silly results.
Oh, so there's no Demony McDemonface?

Sorry but yes, spoilery stuff here. Especially when he starts talking about player-made quests.

Anyway, it's too bad you can't zoom in further when talking to NPCs. Most are amazingly outfitted and detailed, but they just look like sprites at about 50 meters altitude.

Sorry but yes, spoilery stuff here. Especially when he starts talking about player-made quests.
You mean the content is shown and revealed? That's obvious from the description, but he doesn't reveal how to start or solve those quests, or does he?

I can mention that a part of the content is shown if you think it's necessary.

I agree about the zoom, I'd like to have a closer zoom in and a more distant zoom out too. Made the suggestion but I doubt they'll do it, we'll probably have to use a mod like Kingmaker's Bag of Tricks.

Hmm, Obsidian's Dungeon Siege III and the recent Fallout games are probably the only games that I can remember recently that zoom in during conversations. Could be more?

You mean the content is shown and revealed? That's obvious from the description, but he doesn't reveal how to start or solve those quests, or does he?

I already know that I'm hiring captains to go somewhere and the name of one who goes AWOL. To me, that's a spoiler, but no need to change anything on my behalf, since my entire game is now ruined. ;)

Well, Solasta did, and got lot of flak because of it.
Didn't play Solasta as I wrote the game off as it didn't click for me. Why did they get flak? Was it because the old school fans wanted the usual isometric dialogue interaction?

Didn't play Solasta as I wrote the game off as it didn't click for me. Why did they get flak? Was it because the old school fans wanted the usual isometric dialogue interaction?
Because we see close-up shots of the faces, and the models aren't that pretty. It's not only more zoomed-in, it's zoomed-in to the maximum and with another angle.

Because we see close-up shots of the faces, and the models aren't that pretty. It's not only more zoomed-in, it's zoomed-in to the maximum and with another angle.
Thanks it's coming back to me. The topic was mentioned in a past news-thread but I almost forgot about it at this point. Didn't they talk about improving the models though?

Back on topic I'm also amazed the game had so much baker content.

Thanks it's coming back to me. The topic was mentioned in a past news-thread but I almost forgot about it at this point. Didn't they talk about improving the models though?
As they often do, they eluded the problem. There was a first "improvement" during EA with the Spring update I think. But many complained that the faces looked even worse than before.

During a live stream, they said they would probably work further on it, but that we shouldn't expect big improvements, since they're a small studio and so on.

The excuse is valid, and honestly it's not that bad IMO, in any case I'm not expecting to see BG3-quality from a small indie dev.

But the initial decision to organize the conversations like that was a big mistake. And not only because of the models: in another stream they mentioned it was a lot of work to create those scenes. Then it will be a serious problem for user-made content as well, since it would require voice acting (or look plain ridiculous) plus creating the scene scripts on top of the dialogues.
... dialogues that must remain very short because of the nature of the interface, by the way.

I think they should have stick with the traditional way of doing the dialogs. Those close up force you to put a lot of efforts on something that add little to the game.

For the user created content, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming DLC included some way to integrate more traditional dialogs.

I think they should have stick with the traditional way of doing the dialogs. Those close up force you to put a lot of efforts on something that add little to the game.

For the user created content, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming DLC included some way to integrate more traditional dialogs.
That would be the way to go, and it shouldn't be too hard to add.

Anyway, it's too bad you can't zoom in further when talking to NPCs. Most are amazingly outfitted and detailed, but they just look like sprites at about 50 meters altitude.

There is a camera unlock mod that allows you to zoom in - think the camera angle/zoom in opening cinametics when big bad evil shows up in prologue. I saw screenies posted using this mod and it looked so good, I'm thinking of using it myself.

Edit: I think its this one?

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/122

Last edited:

I can mention that a part of the content is shown if you think it's necessary.

I agree about the zoom, I'd like to have a closer zoom in and a more distant zoom out too. Made the suggestion but I doubt they'll do it, we'll probably have to use a mod like Kingmaker's Bag of Tricks.

Just use Free Camera mod - that is all it does so no need to use a cheaters mod. It is the only mod I use (consistently anyhow; sometimes I use the visual adjustment mod to change portraits or something that has nothing to do with game mechanics) and been using it almost since the game came out. Very useful and nice to be able to adjust the zoom distances. Works very well.

Just use Free Camera mod - that is all it does so no need to use a cheaters mod. It is the only mod I use (consistently anyhow; sometimes I use the visual adjustment mod to change portraits or something that has nothing to do with game mechanics) and been using it almost since the game came out. Very useful and nice to be able to adjust the zoom distances. Works very well.

My question then would be-- does it break and/or break the game after every patch?

Back
Top Bottom