Things you don't need to know...

Counterpoint it just illustrates how small Europe is.:p

Umm, until recently there was a cattle station in Australia (read ranch) that by itself was bigger than Texas. No it's not a hoax it was called Elizabeth Downs (I think). They sold about 40% of relatively recently so it isn't now bigger than Texas.
Also, isn't it true that of Alaska as divided in 2 Texas would be the third biggest state?

Also, isn't it true that of Alaska as divided in 2 Texas would be the third biggest state?
Yep but over 70% of that state is almost unpopulated. Further north you go it's people living off the land. Similar to how half of Australia is but with more lakes and greenery.

Yeah, Australia is massive. Of course, it's a whole continent, not just a 50th of one country. Alaska is crazy big, but totally empty in comparison to Texas.

Google says:

Australia country 25.3 million or 43 million for Aus and Oceania (3.2 million sq miles)
Texas state 29 million (268,000 sq mi) or 592 Million for N. America (9.5 Mi sq miles)
Alaska state 731 Thousand! but it's 20% of the US land area :) (663,000 sq miles)

This could maybe have been posted in the movie thread, but I think most of you will agree with not contaminating that thread. I suggest no one reads this.

I have for a while speculated on when we would see films based on the current pandemic. Well, here it is. Sort of. COVID-21.

No surprise the first one doesn't seem to be a good one. Average score on Imdb: 1.6-. Mostly 1 or occasional 2 stars, two very suspicious (IMO) 10 star scores. Nothing on metacritic and rotten tomatoes, and I suspect we won't see anything there at all.

The introduction at Imdb gives a hint. The title (obviously selected for commercial reasons), I think, wants us to think it's in some way related to the current coronavirus infection. But the virus is "an ancient rabies virus trapped in the Antarctica ice". WTF? If you didn't know, I'll tell you right now. A RABIES VIRUS IS NOT A CORONA VIRUS. It's a Lyssa virus and the two aren't even remotely related. Apart from that, from the reviews it seems to be mostly a zombie movie. *sighs*

OK, I admit that I'm nitpicking. But things like that tend to annoy me, and IMO basic flaws says something about the "quality" of the product.

an incarnation of pibbur who won't watch the movie for this - and probably A LOT of other reasons.

Interesting fact, the C64 was supposed to have the fastest disk drive when it was released - 4-5 times the actual transfer speed it was reduced to simply because someone "simplified the PCB" and removed the traces for the high speed lines that had been carefully designed by Russel.

When I think of all this time waiting for games to load... (64 kB in 2 minutes no less)

Another candidate for a pibbur's consideration.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13785940/

Ouch!!!
Ouch!!!
Ouch!!!
Say no more.

I guess the (titles of the) films the actors have "acted" in say somtehing:

1. Amityville Exorcism
  2. Amityville Island
  3. Amityville Death House
  4. Jurassic Prey
  5. Halloween Horror Tales
  6. Sharkenstien
  7. Deadly Playthings
  8. Bigfoot vs Zombies

Three questions:
  1. How does this thing spread on land?
  2. Why is a lab. at the bottom of the ocean (with obviously limited resources) responsible for creating a cure.
  3. Why?

an incarnation of pibbur who wonders how director Mark Polonia compares to award winning director Uwe Boll.

PS. Somehat unrelated(?) but I've noticed that Tara Reid appears in all Sharknado films. DS

Last edited:
Unable to answer any of a pibbur's searching questions, and shall offer a distraction in the form of something I found interesting today. A fantasy map from 1917 that I think is quite splendid, and I'm tempted to get a print of it for my "office" wall. If you click on it, they have quite a nice pan and zoom viewer.

An anciente mappe of Fairyland : newly discovered and set forth

Unable to answer any of a pibbur's searching questions, and shall offer a distraction in the form of something I found interesting today. A fantasy map from 1917 that I think is splendid, and I'm tempted to get a print of it for my "office" wall. If you click on it, they have quite a nice pan and zoom viewer.

An anciente mappe of Fairyland : newly discovered and set forth

On that page I read: "Creator: Sleigh, Bernard, 1872-". Does this mean he lives happily ever after (in fairyland)? :S

This is not b-movie, this is C or even D-movie …

Should be classified to beware youngsters from seeing that ! :lol:

Also, it reminds me of the movie "Attack of the Killer Tomatos" ! :lol:

What is it with Australia? Have the crocs declared war on sharks or something?

40078996-9329777-image-a-13_1614942695132.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...7b_glHwIociFpkaGN1OjGvujErbaNtx9JMKj7m_E-JjbQ

We had some very unusual mammatus cloud formations over the UK yesterday, with a strange sunset light. It was quite surreal - like being in Flash Gordon!

clouds.jpg

clouds2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom