Mass Effect - Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Launch: May 14

I remember the trailer for ME 2 being particularly good.

I remember thinking: "Alrighty, then. Let's have some of that." It's not often I see a trailer these days that grabs me that way.

That trailer makes it seem a lot better than I remember it being. Almost makes me want to play it again.

Yeah, I enjoyed a lot of it. I do the get the criticism of the deus ex machina green/blue/red ending, rather than something than something more related to your actions throughout the saga. I also see the contempt for having a separate mobile game, which was the only way to get a boost to your troop strength, to get the "best" endings.

Did the mobile game really have much of an impact on that though? I don't recall having any difficulty getting a high military strength without it.

That's going to be long, not sure I want to go through a remake of games I partially played when there's quite a few promising new ones. Maybe on a sale, in one year or so.

It's not even a remake. It's just a remaster, and from what I can see, it doesn't look extraordinarily different from the originals. This reeks of being a cash grab.

Did the mobile game really have much of an impact on that though? I don't recall having any difficulty getting a high military strength without it.

I wouldn't swear to it, and someone might set me straight, but I think to get a high enough strength to get a "Shepherd survives" ending, you needed the multiplier from the app.

I wouldn't swear to it, and someone might set me straight, but I think to get a high enough strength to get a "Shepherd survives" ending, you needed the multiplier from the app.

I think they changed it as I didn't do any of it and was allowed all the endings.

Iget what you mean about the final choice ending. I guess they didn't know how to end it, but I thought the game was a lot of fun and the ending didn't detract from it for me.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Has HUGE Changes

Apparently.

Mass Effect 2's Cut Characters Revealed

Can anyone please explain what do they mean by cut characters? Haven't played ME2, and don't want to spoil myself. Did they cut characters out of the legendary edition or is the name of the video just inappropriately named?

EDIT:
I've seen the gamespot video with the changes done in the legendary edition, and honestly it feels like very little effort went into it. There's been excuses after excuses as why various major changes couldn't be done. Mostly due to not having that kind of budget, I imagine. Which just goes to show how much they wanted to invest in this edition. Not very legendary imo.

Also, apparently there is a missing DLC. Pinnacle station in ME1.

Anyways, I'll play it and see for myself.

Last edited:
There's been excuses after excuses as why various major changes couldn't be done. Mostly due to not having that kind of budget

Yeah right, since when is budget an issue for Bioware/EA?

It's also strange to me that this is only a little over 3 months away and yet they've shown almost nothing in the way of screenshots or footage.

I’m curious about the unified control part. I hope they add controller support for the first game, though I’m not holding out much hope.

I'm guessing this still requires Origins to play? If so, I will pass (I think my old physical copies don't require Origins except for ME3).

I'm guessing this still requires Origins to play? If so, I will pass (I think my old physical copies don't require Origins except for ME3).

Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition Terms and Conditions
INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com), PRIVACY AND COOKIE POLICY (privacy.ea.com), AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (ea.com/legal) AND INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) REQUIRED TO PLAY. ACCESS TO SOFTWARE CONTENT IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AFTER PURCHASE. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN EA ACCOUNT. CONTENT UPDATES MAY BE DOWNLOADED AUTOMATICALLY, REQUIRE ADDITIONAL STORAGE, AND INCUR BANDWIDTH USAGE FEES. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN FREE INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES.

I wouldn't have expected otherwise. It doesn't keep me from playing it though if I wanted to. I've never had any issues with Origin.

I wouldn't have expected otherwise. It doesn't keep me from playing it though if I wanted to. I've never had any issues with Origin.

If you get it on steam it still requires a "light" version of origin. You don't even have to be logged in (or it logs you into origin without me noticing anything). I remember I even had an issue with some origin game I started from steam and it had issues starting until I explicitly logged out of origin. Then it worked fine.

I'll probably get it (eventually) because I missed all but one of the DLCs so, by Christmas, I'm sure it will be well worth the price for me.

The only change that got my attention was improvements to driving the Mako around in the first game. That thing got pretty crazy in the first game. Improved graphics will be nice, too.

I think they changed it as I didn't do any of it and was allowed all the endings.
Yep, me too - the ending I got matched one of the good endings I saw on YT when I watched all of them.
Iget what you mean about the final choice ending. I guess they didn't know how to end it, but I thought the game was a lot of fun and the ending didn't detract from it for me.
I even liked the ending. The green ending made perfect sense to me: we united the AIs and the meatbags into one, removing the whole reason the Reapers were made. I suppose I could have picked an ending that wouldn't have made sense for my character if I had wanted but that's not unlike any other choices in the game.

I'll probably get it (eventually) because I missed all but one of the DLCs so, by Christmas, I'm sure it will be well worth the price for me.

The only change that got my attention was improvements to driving the Mako around in the first game. That thing got pretty crazy in the first game. Improved graphics will be nice, too.

Yep, me too - the ending I got matched one of the good endings I saw on YT when I watched all of them.

I even liked the ending. The green ending made perfect sense to me: we united the AIs and the meatbags into one, removing the whole reason the Reapers were made. I suppose I could have picked an ending that wouldn't have made sense for my character if I had wanted but that's not unlike any other choices in the game.
Yeah, but it should have moved towards that ending if you were supportive of both humans and ai.
Making it a choice is probably what makes it annoying for lots of people.

Same with Deus Ex HR

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

This article lists the differences in ME1 that are not just visual improvements. Since it benefits from QoL improvements of ME2 & ME3, it may be the most interesting part of the remaster for who hasn't played it yet:

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/10719-mass-effect-legendary-edition-what-s-changed-in-mass-effect-1

I haven't checked their sources.

Our Top 5 Changes in Mass Effect 1's Legendary Edition Remaster:
  • Fast Elevators, at last: in a demo of the PC version of Legendary Edition versus the original game, BioWare showed that a 52-second elevator ride from the Citadel Wards to the Presidium now only takes 14 seconds in the remaster. In addition, if dialogue is playing out during an elevator ride, an optional skip prompt will appear once the area loading the elevator ride hides is complete.
  • New Game+ No Longer Required for Level 60: for the Legendary Edition, BioWare has rebalanced the XP required to hit Level 60, the Level Cap. This is important because in the original game, New Game+ was required to hit level cap, and hitting level cap unlocked significant bonuses in Mass Effect 2. In the Legendary Edition, you'll be able to hit 60 and max out your bonuses even on the first play-through.
  • No more Class-Based Weapon Restrictions: in the original ME1, not all classes can use all weapons. This has been rebalanced for the Trilogy Remaster, with restrictions removed. This means that, for instance, that the Biotic-focused Sentinel class can use weapons other than pistols - but they won't be able to train and put skill points into those weapon classes, limiting their abilities. In addition, penalties to aim based on your class have been eliminated.
  • Aiming & Weapon Changes & Improvements: traditional RPG fans who struggle with the shooter elements will be pleased to know that ME1 now has a proper aim assist, including a 'snap to' enemy function, just like the latter two games. In addition, every weapon has been rebalanced and tweaked to try to give every weapon and every manufacturer "a unique feel".
  • The Mako gets an upgrade: ME1's infamous ground vehicle featured controls and physics that often defied logic to often hilarious impact, but these things have been tweaked for the Legendary Edition. There's new physics, an alternative control scheme, an overall speed boost, and camera shake to make it feel more dynamic.

In addition, here's some other changes you can expect to see and experience in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition version of Mass Effect 1, which is functionally the 4K Remaster of the game.

• Modernized HUD, more in line with ME2 & 3
  • Improved AI for both enemies and squad member allies
  • Boss Encounter improvements & rebalancing
  • Mini game changes - mini-games are now the same across all platforms, and have reduced difficulty & frequency
  • Control Scheme adjusted to be closer to ME2 & 3, including a dedicated melee button
  • Smoother Camera Control, including when aiming down a scope
  • Improved First Aid cooldown - presumably to make it quicker
  • More Customization options - as well as there being one unified 'Shepard' character model throughout the series, be that default or custom, all customization options are now uniform across all three games. If an option was available in ME3, it now exists in ME1.
  • PC version upgrades including proper native controller support, better keybinding options and 21:9 ultrawide support

Hitting level 60 so you can get max bonuses for ME2: But, if you're the type of player that will do all the quests it takes to get to that level, do you even need those bonuses??

Making it a choice is probably what makes it annoying for lots of people.
But how is that different from any other choice in the game? I was playing a Shepard so good that, if it had been Knights of the Old Republic, the woman would have glowed in the dark. But still the game constantly gave me the option to piss all over somebody completely out of the blue. If I decide to do that, it's called role playing. If I decide that Shepard watching her home world burn coupled with some pretty hard knocks to the head means her anger would make her pick the blue option (and regret it later), then that's the game's failure to take into account my past choices and force me to use green??

I own the 3 games but I preordered this one too.
I will certainly enjoy replaying ME1 with better controls and the 3 games with an unified look and feel. Re watching the trailers, I missed most of those guys.

I don't lament EA doing a remaster of their old games, they are the only things worth playing in their catalog.

Depends what you mean by old. Also, some of their newer games are quite good like Jedi: Fallen Order.

I didn't like it but I can understand lot of people could really appreciate it.
But this game is an oddity for EA lately, mostly a catalog error: Single Player, Star Wars well done and without controversy?

Yet didn't EA has also lose the rights to only make Star Wars games? So I look forward to seeing what other developers can release. Hopefully we get another RPG game.

Anyway back on topic I wonder how that unified Shepherd will work?

As the last time something like that was implemented was with Dragon Age Inquisition, and you needed to use origin, and another website called Dragon Age Keep.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom