Sony Bought Nixxes Software

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Sony announced the acquisition of Nixxes Software. They are know for releasing good ports of console games on the PC. One example is Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-07-01-sony-acquires-nixxes-software
Hermen Hulst, head of PlayStation Studios, commented: "I highly respect Nixxes and am excited for this very experienced team to become part of the world-class development community at SIE.

"They have a passion for improving games and for delivering the best possible experience for gamers. Nixxes will be a strong asset for everyone across PlayStation Studios, helping our teams focus on their most important goal, which is to create unique PlayStation content at the best possible quality."
Guess those rumors about the BloodBorne PC port might be true.

I know nothing at all about Nixxes Software, yet if it means more decent ports for us computer folk, I'm /cheering them on. And by them I guess I mean Sony.

Yeah, just heard. Hopefully it's a good sign that Sony wants to give PC ports justice. I believe last I heard of Nixxes was their PC ports of the last 3 Tomb Raider games. And they were very good ports.

That was the first thing that came to mind as soon as I saw the headline. Maybe we'll finally get ports of those other exclusives that we've been hoping for. i.e. Bloodborne, TLoU, etc.

Though it could also be that they just wanted them for ports of future titles.

Their ports did extremely well under 3D Vision, too. Nixxes have a really positive reputation in my book. Honestly, I'm afraid of what Sony might do to them. It's hard to imagine them getting better.

Weren't there a few ports criticised to be really bad in the past ?

Back
Top Bottom