/salute Norm

Carnifex

SasqWatch
Norman Macdonald, gone far too soon. A fine Canadian and stellar stand-up performer, I still have the VHS tape I recorded of him on Star Search back in the day. I was lucky enough to see him perform twice in person, he truly was a remarkable person and gentle soul. The comedy plane is richer by one today, and our world is left poorer.

Well that news came outta nowhere. I used to love watching his older movies especially the voice of the dog in Dolittle. I didn't even know he was terminally ill with cancer.:(

His weekend updates during the OJ trial were the best ever. He didn't tell most of his friends and family of the ten-year battle he had with cancer.

I loved how he covered OJ and especially decried his getting away with murder. RIP Norm.

I liked his dry style - it reminded me of an edgier Bob Newhart.

Absolutely relentless going after the grotesque farce of the OJ trial, and fair play to him. He also reminded me a bit of Ricky Gervais, in the sense that wanted to genuinely annoy the great and the good, not just play footsie with them. Probably held back his career.

To this day, I cannot hear him saying that California had just legalized murder without bursting into laughter. And what made him famous likely also brought him down, as the person that threw a party for the jury also paid for the cameras that filmed Saturday Night Live.

Better to burn out than fade away, indeed.

Very funny guy. He played a lot of good roles, but my favorite was his Burt Reynolds impersonation for Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL.

Back
Top Bottom