Last game you finished, tell us about it

Call of Duty 4 10/10
When I started to hear how much everyone loved this game I decided I had to take a look.

I really enjoyed it, giving it 4.5 despite it being only about that many hours long ;) MP is great as well - wonderful choice of shooters available this year!

I really enjoyed it, giving it 4.5 despite it being only about that many hours long ;) MP is great as well - wonderful choice of shooters available this year!

I tried to be critical and find things I did not like with the game, but I could not. I cannot say the games length was a turnoff to me either. I look at Call of Duty 4 and I see a game with 20 levels with variated gameplay. A game like Halo took me longer to finish but it was essentially the same over and over again. Having just played FFVII-FFXII that took two weeks each of which most of it is xp grinding, some games that offer a few days intense experience is just what I needed right now. :)

Last edited:
You two need to have a Quake deathmatch and be done with it. Jemy generally gives generous scores and really likes Final Fantasy; JDR hates FF and would give the Sistine Chapel an 8.5. No biggie. Different strokes. Moving on.

Generous would be an understatement, how many perfect games exist in this world?

Btw: I don't hate FF, I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan up until a certain point in the series.

Generous would be an understatement, how many perfect games exist in this world?

And how many perfect scores have I given? I have spent the last year playing mostly games that already had a major amount of positive reviews and many fans, frequently refered to as "best ever made". Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII and the Resident Evil Remake deserves a 10/10.

You two need to have a Quake deathmatch and be done with it. Jemy generally gives generous scores, made "safe" game selections this year, and really likes Final Fantasy; JDR is a fallen FF fanboi and would give the Sistine Chapel an 8.0. No biggie. Different strokes. Moving on.

(better?)

I actually managed to finish 42 games 2007, including indie games like Penumbra and Avernum and old games like Sanitarium and Phantasmagoria 1 & 2.
The Suffering 2, Halo, Cold Fear, Infernal and Perseus Mandate in the bottom and Titan Quest was so boring that I gave up on the game in the last levels... I had not reached that far if it wasn't a game me and my GF played together and eventually I begged her that we should stop so i could uninstall the game. And I couldn't get beyond the first levels of Silverfall.

Well, without attempting to offend anyone I must admit that I would much rather be in JemyM's shoes than I JDR13's: Awarding anything a great review/score generally means that the person thoroughly enjoyed the experience ... nudge, nudge, know what I mean? say no more ;)

Well, without attempting to offend anyone I must admit that I would much rather be in JemyM's shoes than I JDR13's: Awarding anything a great review/score generally means that the person thoroughly enjoyed the experience ... nudge, nudge, know what I mean? say no more ;)

Or it could mean that they're just more easily impressed. ;)

Or it could mean that they're just more easily impressed. ;)

Or maybe you just have forgotten how to appreciate a good game and see how genious talent makes a game different than rushed crap. ;p

Gawd, Mrs dte is more reasonable when she PMSing...

Assume there's a curve on the grading scale, gents. Lazy Wayne and C Mallory make adjustments at the end of the quarter so everyone gets a fair f-ing (sorry, Rose-Hulman joke). It all works out in the end. MOVING ON, THEN.

Calm down dteowner, just some friendly banter that's all.

So what are you playing now that you finished X2 yet again? Also, how long did X2 take you to finish in real time hours?

Actually, that's the first time I truly finished X2. I'd been to the final battle in previous runs, but this was the first time I won. As I mentioned elsewhere, I didn't do anywhere near the amount of economy work this time thru and I remembered all the story points so my run was pretty quick. Probably as close to powergaming as I go. I'd say 40 hours real world time.

I spent a long time staring at the post-it where I've written down my "waiting on the shelf / buy sometime soon" game list (10 on the shelf, 2 buys, 2 possible buys). After all the pointless internal debate, I installed Dungeon Siege 2 with the expansion pack. Figured it was a good "lazy" game, since I seem to keep talking about being lazy every other post. I finished DS2 (all 3 rounds) a while back, but got burned out just as the expansion pack came out. Thought I'd go back and knock out the expansion, but I've got to do a round of the base game to lead into the expansion. I suppose I could use one of the pre-made characters and jump right into the expansion, but that's just not my style. Neither of my 2 restarts have even made it out of the tutorial, so I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it.

I really hate how much I struggle with picking a game and getting going. Once I achieve "critical mass", I generally have a good time, but I flail around so much getting there.

I had a run going when I was working the contract job in Texas (Mrs dte and the Wild Dogs were still in Indy, so I had lots of time on my hands). There are no side quests in X2, but the story has a couple "pauses" in it where you're supposed to go into sandbox mode. How long you stay in sandbox mode before starting the story back up is up to you. Anyway, I got pretty serious about building factories and trading loops. I had at least 100 real world hours in that run and I never completed the final mission. My old rig was chugging pretty hard keeping track of all those ships and factories.

Thinking about it, there's really a fair bit of idle time in the game. Even with SETA, you can still spend a full minute just flying from one station to the next. If you do manual remote trading, you can fill that minute up easily, but once you get autotraders set up, the game gets a little passive. Good for a lazy gamer... ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom