BattleTech - Update 1.1 Beta Branch

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Update 1.1 Beta for BattleTech is now available.

Last month we talked about what's next for BATTLETECH, and outlined some key items we were working on for our first larger free Update to the game. Well - we've just pushed that Update 1.1.0 to the public_beta branch on Steam and GOG. This Update is all about giving you more ways to customize your experience, as well as reacting to common pieces of feedback that we've heard from you about the game. It also includes a healthy dose of optimizations and general bugfixes across all areas of BATTLETECH.

We're pleased to report that most of the items we mentioned last month made it into this 1.1.0 release. One thing that didn't is the "Tutorial Skip" feature, but that's still on the roadmap for our next Update. Many more things DID make it in beyond what we mentioned last month, though, like ultrawide monitor support and some additional quality-of-life improvements. The full release notes are below.

We would like to encourage interested players to switch to public_beta right away and start playing BATTLETECH 1.1.0. Instructions for switching to public_beta can be found below. And if you do try this release, we'd really appreciate it if you could also take a few minutes to report back directly in this thread with your impressions, and to let us know if you encounter any issues. This will help us test at a broader scale before pushing this Update to the live branch. Thank you in advance!

-- HBS
[...]

New Features & Content

MechWarrior customization. Players can now customize the appearance, callsign, name, pronoun, and voice of all non-Ronin MechWarriors in their mercenary company. The starting MechWarriors (Behemoth, Dekker, Glitch, and Medusa) are now considered Ronin.

Granular difficulty settings. Added a wide variety of Granular Difficulty Settings that can be adjusted at any time from the Settings menu.

• Lethality - when enabled, MechWarriors that are disabled in combat will always be killed.
  • 'Mech Destruction - when enabled, 'Mechs disabled from Center Torso destruction are permanently lost. This setting is intended for veterans and those seeking a significant challenge.
  • No Rare Salvage - when enabled, + and ++ items are no longer generated as salvage results (but remain purchasable in stores).
  • MechWarrior Progression - adjust the amount of experience that MechWarriors gain after each mission.
  • Advanced MechWarriors - increase or decrease the frequency of more powerful MechWarriors appearing in Hiring Halls in later parts of the game.
  • Enemy Force Strength - increase or decrease the baseline strength of the enemy forces you'll face in procedural contracts.
  • Contract Payment - increase or decrease the amount of C-Bills paid by procedural contracts across the game.
  • Salvage - increase or decrease the amount of salvage you may obtain from negotiation on procedural contracts.
New custom campaign mode. The following added Difficulty Settings can only be adjusted when starting a new campaign (Select "Custom Campaign" when starting a New Game from the Main Menu.)

• Ironman Mode. Your campaign is limited to a single save game slot that automatically updates as you progress. Run out of funds or fail a Priority Mission and it's game over!
  • Unequipped 'Mechs - enable this to make 'Mechs completed out of 'Mech parts start empty instead of with a stock loadout.
  • Parts for 'Mech Assembly - increase the number of 'Mech parts that must be salvaged to assemble a new 'Mech. This setting is intended for veterans and those seeking a significant challenge.
Accelerate the current action with SPACEBAR. Players can now press SPACEBAR to greatly accelerate the current action. Game speed will return to normal after the action completes.

[...]
More information.

Glad to see this. I started the game - and generally liked it - but am holding off on more patches. This is definitely a game that will benefit from those and has a chance to change from an ok game to a really good game.

Game is perfect as it is! Now go and start making new Shadowrun. ;)

Nice! Will have to run another campaign.
Especially the heat reductions and the changes in stability will have a huge impact.
I also welcome the difficulty options a lot.

Nice! Will have to run another campaign.
Especially the heat reductions and the changes in stability will have a huge impact.
I also welcome the difficulty options a lot.

Same, I will probably play another game of this, but likely only next year.
Still need to finish several games, including Expeditions Vikings and Risen 3, so I certainly have a few months of play time :)

They mentioned something about custom campaign, must have missed that in the game, what is it?

Wow, TONS of great fixes in there! Except...
Flamer starting ammo reduced to 4 (was 6).
The poor flamer is already fairly useless. Now its uselesser!?

The stability one is huge. Right now, stability is THE thing to do for heavies and especially assault mechs. With medium mechs barely able to hold an LRM10, knocking each other over isn't so easy. With assaults hauling around multiple 20s, it's trivial. I wonder if it will be a good change, though? That switch from too-hard-to-do over to hard-to-avoid-doing provided some game variety.
Fixed an issue where MechWarriors would sometimes play their injury VO even if game effect (e.g. a cockpit mod) had prevented the injury from occurring.
Thank goodness.

Still looking for a key to turn the GUI off while I take screenshots. I wonder if mechs sold from storage give you more cash than mechs sold right out of the bay still?

The speed improvements were much needed. Good. :)

Glad to see this. I started the game - and generally liked it - but am holding off on more patches. This is definitely a game that will benefit from those and has a chance to change from an ok game to a really good game.
Seems the correct way to go.:nod:

As this game has multiple future expansions and other DLC not released yet, but it's a Paradox owned and operated company now, so everyone knows the drill.

So let me know in two years after the expansions, DLC, and patches are finished.:)

This should work: Ctrl + Shift + U
So it is there, just not mentioned anywhere?? Arrrrg!

Unfortunately, I finished the game and then some so I can't check it. After the campaign ended, I went up to the NW corner and did some work for House Steiner. I managed to get the achievement for having all types (not variants, thank goodness) of mechs at once, too. I really liked this game!

Back
Top Bottom