The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

My PC main hard drive decided to go belly up yesterday so I had to order a new PC. I hope to get the new PC next week and be able to install DDO before next Friday. I will keep you updated.

The PC was rather old so I had plans replacing it with a new one this Summer. Now I have to get it done 3 months early. Unfortunately I had the character planner on the same drive so my setups are lost. I have to recreate how I levelled up the toons for each of my 6 toons. Some work, but I will manage. :)

I will need info about how to setup Teamspeak. Is it Aletys I can ask to get the login info?

Sorry to hear about your HD; I've had that happen to me a couple of times which is why I now have 3 external HD's as well as 2 internal HD's, so I have everything backed up somewhere!! Mind you, remembering WHERE I backed something up can be quite a chore!! :D

Peter, sorry to hear about the crash. That is a royal pain. Depending on how much data you lost, you might want to consider checking with some local PC repair shops & see if they can try to recover the data for you. Not the chains (who usually don't know what they're doing if it's outside standard stuff) nor the big guys (who will charge a fortune).

I've had good success with a local shop who was able to recover the data off a couple of hard drives from my hubby's PCs. A lot of times the platters are ok, but the mechanism dies, and they can swap in the mechanism to get the drive running long enough to get the data off. The last time I had to do it (which was several years ago), they charged me $75 US.

I have PM'd the TS info to you.

It wasn't that much important I lost and I can get some back from old backups etc. However those aren't necessarily brand new.

The toons for my character planner is probably easier to just remake. I have a pretty good idea what I wanted with the toons. 4 of the toons are close to 30 so I have the enhancements, skills and feats at the top level. So I just have add them level by level in the planner. For the favored soul and artificer I have to remember a bit how to fill the missing gap. It shouldn't be too difficult since those toons are the latest I created so I remember their builds pretty well.

I checked the prices for disk repair in Norway and they are very expensive. I will have to pay at least $1000 just for one disk. Not sure I want to bother with that just to save some time. Some photos are lost, but c'est la vie. :)

The worst about the harddisk crash is that I have to reinstall all my software. DDO, Character planner, crafting planner, Office, Civ 6, Steam etc. So the most I lost is time. I have to add user ID's and passwords quite a few places etc.

My new PC has been sent from the vendor today so I will most likely get the PC delivered to my door on Thursday. Maybe even tomorrow. So the chance is very high I will be playing with you on Friday. At least if the PC works as intended and DDO won't refuse to be installed.

For those interested here is my PC spec built by my vendor Komplett (www.komplett.no)

Monitor: Asus 24" LED VG248QE 1920x1080, 144hz, 1ms, 80m:1, Speakers, DVI/HDMI/DP

Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 usb, dts, 7.1 surround, gaming headset

Cabinet: In Win 303 : NVIDIA Geforce GTX Edition, Corsair SP120 Green LED fan - twin pack 120x25mm fan, high static pressure, green leds

Power supply: Corsair CX550M, 550W PSU ATX 12V v2.4, 80 Plus Bronze, Semi Modular, 2x 6+2-pin PCIe, 6x SATA

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Prosessor Socket-LGA1151, Quad Core, 4.2GHz, 8MB cache, 91W, 14nm

CPU water cooling: Corsair Hydro H100 Bulk 240mm radiator

Motherboard:
ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming, Socket-1151, ATX,Z270,DDR4,3xPCIe-x16,SLI/CFX, 2xM.2, USB 3.1, Aura Sync, SupremeFX

RAM: HyperX Savage DDR4 2400MHz 32GB 2x16GB 2400MHz (PC4-19200) DDR4 CL14, XMP

Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming graphics card, PCI-Express 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, DirectCU III, Aura RGB, OC- version

OS disk: Samsung PM961 SSD 512GB M.2 NVMe V3 TLC, Polaris, up to 2800/1600MB/s read/write, PCIe 3.0 x4

Data disk: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5'' HDD SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB cache, 3.5''

Office:
Microsoft Office 365 Personal

Keyboard and mouse I have bought just some time ago and will reuse.
Keyboard: Corsair K70 mechanical gaming keyboard
Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma

I hope that this PC should be just enough to run DDO without too much lag, but I'm not sure. I have a feeling SSG (former Turbine) would blame it on my new PC not being fast enough if I get lag. :lol:

Code:
Lamannia Update 35 Release Notes
Here are the Lamannia Release Notes for Update 35, released for preview on 3/7/2017. These notes will change over time.

Of Special Note:

Dragonborn
A new player race is available! The Dragonborn is free to VIP players, and available to purchase in the DDO Store for everyone else. NOTE: Character paths are not available for Dragonborn characters at this time.

New Raid
A new raid is now available for preview! Riding the Storm Out can be accessed by the NPC named Dalwyneth, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace.

Two New Quests
Two new quests are now available for preview! Both The Newcomers and Black and Blue can be accessed by the NPC's Yoldorim and Mikyra respectively, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace.

Racial Reincarnation
Players can now choose to have their characters undergo a racial reincarnation! The process is similar to a True Reincarnation, and can be done by visiting the Reincarnation Grove in the Hall of Heroes. A new item called a Heart of Blood is needed for Reincarnation, which can be purchased in the DDO Store and via Tokens of the Twelve.

I asked if there was going to be a lesser race change heart, and Steelstar said no. Looks like yet another hamster wheel. I haven't seen if using a HoB to RR gives the class PL as well as race, or how it works otherwise.

There are Heroic versions of the quests, I think at L10 (where they desperately need them), but I haven't seen anyone comment on those versions, on either XP levels or loot. Epic loot is pushing into Best in Slot territory for a lot of items though. There's an Orb with 183 spell power, plus insight 92, +28 implement bonus. While the one posted is an Acid one, word was there's a version for each of the big four elemental types. There's also a Devotion belt of similar power, and a resonance cloak to replace that one item from a few updates ago. Also a fairly nice handaxe for the Swashbuckler in your life.

Code:
News and Notes:

Combat
Monsters killed by instant death effects will now share their aggro normally to their allies.

Dragonborn
Dragonborn's enhancement tree is available for preview.
Dragonborn look interesting for Paladins, Sorcerers, and Warlocks, and not terrible for Clerics. Wings + Breath weapon would open up options, and other enhancements are actually useful as well. HP and healing amp, PRR, a Natural Armor bonus, etc…

Breath weapon is a 1d6+6*CL cone weapon, so basically a SLA. Looks like it's free every 30s. Evocation spell for DC purposes, with additional Breath DC bonuses in the racial tree. Metamagics are showing as usable with it.

They get a feat choosing their ancestry, from four chromatic colors. Black (Acid breath and spell power bonuses), White (Cold), Blue (Electric) and Red (Fire).

The color choice isn't as bad as the forums claim; there's a video up. You can do a very dark red, almost black, white, and of course many variations of red. I do wish they would put some shades of blue in.

Code:
Enhancements

Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now properly benefits from abilities that grant Extra Action Boosts.
    Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now has a cooldown consistent with other Action Boosts.
    Vanguard's Melee Power Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
    Vanguard's Melee and Ranged Power Boost now shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
    Ravager's Melee Power Boost now has text properly reflecting that it also grants Ranged Power.
    Battle Engineer's Action Boost: Damage has been changed to Action Boost: Melee and Ranged Power.
    Weapon Attachment's cooldown is now 15 seconds for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Artificers. Its induction time is now 2 seconds, and will no longer disappear when traveling through portals.
    Henshin Mystic's Balance in Dawn's healing now scales properly in Reaper difficulty.
    Many racial enhancement trees have been adjusted. The adjustments are as follows:
        Warforged and Bladeforged
            Repair Systems has had its cost reduced to 1 Action Point per rank.
            (Warforged Only): Mithral Fluidity reduces Armor Check by 2/4/6.
            Warforged's Adamantine Fluidity is now 4/8/12.
            Bladeforged's Brute Fighting now matches the rest of the game.
            Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
            (Warforged Only): There is now a new enhancement called Memories of the Last War, which is a Tier 3 and 4 enhancement which requires 15 AP spent in the tree, and costs 1 AP:
                Choose from the following:
                    +15 Determination Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
                    +25 Determination Bonus to Universal Spell Power
                    +3 Determination Bonus to all Saving Throws.
                    +8 Determination Bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.
                    The Tier 4 version allows a character to make a second choice from the above list that is not the same as the one selected for Tier 3.
        Half-orc
            Orcish Weapon Training is now +1/2/3/4 to-hit and damage with one-handed Melee weapons, and +2/4/6/8 with two-handed Melee weapons.
            Lock Bash is no longer tied to a Dragonmark or Sunder. This enhancement now has a cooldown, and a new animation. Lock Bash is no longer influenced by or required to have Thieves' Tools.
            Orcish Rage is now an Action Boost: Orcish Rage now grants +40 Melee Power and a +2 Primal Bonus to Strength, and no longer reduces Physical Resistance Rating. Orcish Rage continues to prevent spellcasting, and causes monks to be uncentered. This Action Boost shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
            Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
            Power Rage now has a third rank, and the Barbarian requirement has been removed.
            Brutality is no longer specific to two-handed weapons.
            Raging Crush no longer has limited uses, nor requires Raging. Raging Crush does +3[W] and has a 30 second cooldown.

Half-elf
            Improved Dilettante has had its cost reduced to 1 AP.
            Dilettantes now have the following benefits in addition to what they already do, unless indicated:
                Artificer: +30 Spell Points
                Barbarian: +10 (instead of +5) Hit Points
                Bard: +30 Spell Points
                Cleric: +30 Spell Points
                Druid: +30 Spell Points
                Favored Soul: +30 Spell Points
                Fighter: +1 to hit
                Monk: Removed the Centered requirement
                Sorcerer: +30 Spell Points
                Wizard: +30 Spell Points
            Half-elf Dilletante Tier 2:
                Spellcasting: Increased Spell Power to +5.
                Fixed base damage of Sly Flourish to +1[W].
            Half-elf Dilletante Tier 4:
                Barbarian: +10 Hit Points
                Spellcasting: Spell Power has been increased to +5
                Rogue: Cooldown is now 30 seconds. The Saving Throw has been updated to properly reflect full character level, and the Bomb DC boost has had scaling added.
            Diplomatic Immunity now lasts for 60 seconds, or until you attack, and now has a 120 second cooldown.
        Dwarf
            Child of the Mountain no longer reduces Reflex Saving Throws.
            Dwarven Hands of Stone's DC is now 10 + Character Level + Constitution modifier + Transmutation Bonuses
            Dwarf Fortress now works when wielding a Thrown Weapon with your Shield.
            Bonus to damage is now a unique bonus to Melee and ranged Power
        Drow
            Vermin Lore: Damage has been increased to +3/6/9
            Ambidexterity is now 1 AP per rank.
            Faerie Fire no longer has a Saving Throw, its effect now lasts for 10 seconds, it no longer uses charges, and now costs 2 Spell Points. The Druid spell version also no longer has a Saving Throw, and lasts for 10 seconds.
            Darkfire's description has been updated to correct its DC. This SLA now scales with 150% Spell Power, costs 5 Spell Points, and cannot be countered.
            Darkfire is affected by the Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge, and Intensify Metamagic Feats.
        Elf
            Nothing is Hidden has had its cost reduced to 1 AP. This also applies to Drow, Morninglord, and Shadar-kai.
        Shadar-kai
            Spiked Chain Attacks (and their upgrade effects) now scale with 200% Melee Power.
            Winter Favored now scaled with Melee Power.
            Vicious, Slashing, and Forceful Chain have had their cost reduced to 1 AP.
The cost reductions make me happy; one of the biggest problems IMO of racials has been that they were too expensive versus the gain. Half-Orc might actually see use again, as long as someone doesn't want to be a Dire Kobold.

Code:
Epic Destinies

Legendary Dreadnought's Damage Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
    Legendary Dreadnought's Action Boosts should not fail as often when activating several things rapidly.

Items

Heroic Executioner's Platemail was using Epic Armor Class values. This has been corrected.
    Players with outdated versions of Firebreak (Heroic and Epic), Wall of Wood (Heroic and Epic), and the Epic Corruption of Nature can now update these items in the Stone of Change.
    Monsters
    Air elementals only knock down characters when actively engaging in their charge behavior.

Code:
Reincarnation
Characters can now undergo a Racial Reincarnation. The Past life feats are as follows, the first for the first reincarnation, the second for the second reincarnation. The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point:

Warforged: +1 Repair, +1 Constitution
    Drow: +1 Search, +1 Intelligence
    Dwarf: +1 Balance, +1 Constitution
    Elf: +1 Spot, +1 Dexterity
    Gnome: +1 Use Magic Device, +1 Intelligence
    Halfling: +1 Move Silently, +1 Dexterity
    Half-elf: +1 Diplomacy, +1 Charisma
    Half-orc: +1 Intimidate, +1 Strength
    Human: +1 Haggle, +1 Wisdom
    Dragonborn: +1 Spellcraft, +1 Charisma

Items are preserved in inventory during a Racial Reincarnation, instead of being placed in your TR Cache.

This seems fairly powerful, but given the 3.5m XP grind per life, not terrible. The big thing will be Racial Action Points, as some of the racial lines got upgraded and may be useful again.

My New PC finally arrived and I have installed it With DDO. So I will be joining the session today. So far no lag, but I've only been walking in the Marketplace as a test. Had to redo my keymapping and audio settings.

I will be there, but will need to take a 20-30 min break sometime between 7 & 8, when my dinner will arrive. I may need to pike or something.

USA Daylight Savings Time Started

A reminder to everyone that the USA went to Daylight Savings Time yesterday.

How does that change things for those of us who live elsewhere?!

You are moving the time 1 hour ahead in the Spring. So when it's 6pm for them now then it used to be 5pm. That means we will start the sessions one hour EARLIER than before.

So I will start 12am until daylight saving time starts by the end of March here. Corwin will have to get up even earlier in the morning since there is no daylight saving time in Australia.

Actually, there is DST in parts of Oz, just (fortunately) not where I live. That extra hour of sunlight would fade your curtains more quickly, and the cows would hate it as their milking times would all change!! :)

Update 35 out this AM - Allow time to update before tomorrow

FYI, allow extra time to update before Friday. Update 35 (Dragonborn race & new raid & quests) was released this morning. We'll see what they broke.

It took about 10-15 mins over fast wi-fi. Don't know what it will be over an ethernet line till I do the other PC later today.

Last edited:
The worlds are up so download when you can. There was a hot fix today as well so more updates even if you grabbed them before.

Corwin we have a few toons that need promotions in guild. Bring in the boss.

While the OP is quite interesting, I found the arguments that followed from a couple ubers to be rather telling. It's going to be tough for any game company to satisfy such a group that demands constant power creep at the same time as a group of "normal" players.

Updated Character Builder Lite Available

For those of you using the Character Builder Lite program for planning your builds, there is a new version that incorporates the U35 changes, including adding the new Dragonborn race:

Character Builder Lite Forum Page with Download Link

FYI, RJ's planner appears to be dead. His site no longer exists.

Back
Top Bottom