RPGWatch Feature - GOTY 2020 - Best RPG - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - GOTY 2020 - Best RPG

Default RPGWatch Feature - GOTY 2020 - Best RPG

March 6th, 2021, 18:05
Didn't vote this year because I hadn't played any of the games on the list other than WL3 and I was only maybe 1/4 of the way in. Just fished it last night, and I have to say I'm happy to see it at the top of the list. Super enjoyable RPG experience for me. One of my favorite games in terms of story line and overall writing and dialog in a long time. I give the writing team the 'Oscar' for 2020. Blasting my way through post apocalyptic CO was a great way to blow off steam in 2020. Some insanely creative and hilarious NPCs and settings. The only other game I'm tempted to try out from 2020 is CP2077, but commentary seems pretty mixed on that one. Overall my game queue is pretty darn slim right now.
bizorker is offline

bizorker

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor

#41

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

March 6th, 2021, 18:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Debatable as CP2077 was GOTY for me. The PC release though.

Wasteland 3 nah it was to consolefied for my taste and I found it lacking in content. Lets just say if it wasn't turn based you could finish the game in 20-25 hrs at most.

They also haven't released any sizable DLC content in over six months. So I'll counter your point above , and say it deserved to get second or third place.
Originally Posted by largh View Post
It was released 21 days before the end of the year and was very buggy in 2020. That's why, I'd think. Had it been released in the state it is now, I'd guess it had won.
I'm not so sure. WL3 might have still carried the day. We will never know.

One thing we could do that might be interesting is include CP2077 in the 2021 GOTY poll, given it wasn't really in a finished and playable condition until 2021. I predict it would fair poorly and finish outside top 3.
bizorker is offline

bizorker

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor

#42

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

March 6th, 2021, 18:41
Originally Posted by bizorker View Post
I'm not so sure. WL3 might have still carried the day. We will never know.

One thing we could do that might be interesting is include CP2077 in the 2021 GOTY poll, given it wasn't really in a finished and playable condition until 2021. I predict it would fair poorly and finish outside top 3.
Or, given the increasingly prevalent practice of releasing too early, make a new category: "most improved from last year"
Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#43

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,283
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Default 

March 6th, 2021, 18:41
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Debatable as CP2077 was GOTY for me. The PC release though.

Wasteland 3 nah it was to consolefied for my taste and I found it lacking in content. Lets just say if it wasn't turn based you could finish the game in 20-25 hrs at most.

They also haven't released any sizable DLC content in over six months. So I'll counter your point above , and say it deserved to get second or third place.
I'll take quality of content over quantity all day long. I thought the quality was very high level. With plenty of replayability.
bizorker is offline

bizorker

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor

#44

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

March 6th, 2021, 19:32
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Or, given the increasingly prevalent practice of releasing too early, make a new category: "most improved from last year"
You might be on to something there.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#45

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,300
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 7th, 2021, 02:27
I just love when someone necros a thread.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#46

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,412
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

Default 

March 11th, 2021, 14:44
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I just love when someone necros a thread.
Sorry, couldn't help myself… (but I mean, 1 month means the corpse was pretty fresh…perhaps just a little dead?)
TomRon is offline

TomRon

TomRon's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#47

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,206
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Default 

March 11th, 2021, 14:55
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
Sorry, couldn't help myself… (but I mean, 1 month means the corpse was pretty fresh…perhaps just a little dead?)
Yes since I haven't posted for over a month then some idiot quotes my old posts.

I've moved on man old news by now.

Ps: I get notified for said replies and quotes as well so more work on my end as well.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#48

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,412
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - GOTY 2020 - Best RPG
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:47.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch