Starfield - Leaked Screenshots - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Starfield - Leaked Screenshots

Default Starfield - Leaked Screenshots

May 16th, 2021, 01:27
Blue's News reports on some leaked screenshots for Starfield that was posted on Twitter; which prompted a revelation from Jeff Grubb of GamesBeat that the game will be PC and Xbox exclusive.

…The ensuing discussion of the leaks prompted a revelation on Twitter from Jeff Grubb of GamesBeat. According to Jeff, his sources confirm that Starfield will be exclusive to PC and Xbox….

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 02:32
Just two screens huh? I had a brief moment of excitement there.

As far as it being PC and XBox exclusive, that's no surprise.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 02:40
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Just two screens huh? I had a brief moment of excitement there.

As far as it being PC and XBox exclusive, that's no surprise.
There are more screens from the 2018 build apparently but they aren't anymore interesting than these.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

+1:

May 16th, 2021, 04:39
Is this the new Bethesda game? Elder Scrolls in Space?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 04:41
Of my god, guys: hatches! Hatches are officially in! If someone leaks a screenshot of a space alien's left buttock, it's as good as preordered.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 10:19
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Of my god, guys: hatches! Hatches are officially in! If someone leaks a screenshot of a space alien's left buttock, it's as good as preordered.
That would actually contain information, so that's right out.

Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Is this the new Bethesda game? Elder Scrolls in Space?
You expected something different? I would be surprised if if was something else, tbh.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 12:27
These are all from the same 2018 build as the old leaked images. So we’re talking screens from very early in development. That being said given Bethesda’s track record if they announce at E3 this year expect a late 2021 release.

delijoe

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

May 16th, 2021, 14:31
I haven't really payed any attention to this game so far. However, I'm starting to get a bit interested. I wonder what franchise it will feel more similar too, will it feel like "Skyrim in Space" or "Fallout 4 in Space"?. Curious to find out.

Feist

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 15:06
Originally Posted by Feist View Post
I haven't really payed any attention to this game so far. However, I'm starting to get a bit interested. I wonder what franchise it will feel more similar too, will it feel like "Skyrim in Space" or "Fallout 4 in Space"?. Curious to find out.
Hopefully something fresh that doesn't feel too much like either of them, but I haven't followed this title either. If that's even possible to follow, what we can find now must be pure speculation.

If that feels like either of them, I wouldn't mind too much I suppose, it'd just be a lost opportunity of something new. Are there particular feelings from anyone on that? Just curious

I just sincerely hope they give up on generated quests, and keep the looting to a minimum and as relevant as possible. Time will tell.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
+1:

May 16th, 2021, 18:47
I have been following the leaks for awhile….obviously this will be a bethesda game but there seems to be some added ideas.

One thing that is floating around out there is some questionnaire that leaked with what players liked doing and one was customizing their ship. If this is a more advanced for of base building that fallout 4 had just with building a ship I think it could be very interesting.

One thing to take note is that these are not official leaks….though at times I feel MS does these little dribbles themselves to get people talking then they release info. Like a slow burn, it's actually pretty smart marketing.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 19:37
Looks like the same screenshots from last year just better looking. Anyway they have my interest as it's supposed to be early Space exploration. Different from Mass Effect.

This game is also why you haven't seen a new Elder Scrolls game yet. As for being exclusive to PC and Xbox well I'm not surprised as Microsoft paid a huge amount.

I'll pull a rune_74 and say I'll play it on Xbox Game Pass.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 16th, 2021 at 21:23. Reason: Missing an s

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

May 16th, 2021, 21:20
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
One thing that is floating around out there is some questionnaire that leaked with what players liked doing and one was customizing their ship. If this is a more advanced for of base building that fallout 4 had just with building a ship I think it could be very interesting.
Ugh… Gotta disagree with that one. I don't play these types of games to spend a bunch of time building or customizing a base.

I don't have an issue with other people enjoying that sort of thing, but I hope it's completely optional if they include it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 16th, 2021, 21:27
Early leaks suggested you had to build and maintain a space station/Star ship. I wouldn't be surprised as most fans loved it and it's a way to earn money off micro-contractions.

Link - https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/g…-game-20210510

Also some insider claims Starfield takes inspiration from No Man’s Sky.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 16th, 2021, 21:35
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post

Also some insider claims Starfield takes inspiration from No Man’s Sky.
Uh oh. If it's a procedurally generated generic-fest, I'll skip it.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
+1:

May 17th, 2021, 00:30
I hope they will nail the world building. Early space exploration sounds interesting (was there a space elevator screenshot too?).

+ Hopefully it's the creation engine just in name and they completely redesigned it. It's starting to get pretty old.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 17th, 2021, 02:00
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Uh oh. If it's a procedurally generated generic-fest, I'll skip it.
If I recall Todd did an interview last year that mentioned the company developed some type of procedurally generated tool to speed up development of the open world.
  • Starfield is a singleplayer, no multiplayer aspects.
  • A focus on procedural generation during level design confirmed for Starfield and TES:VI
    • This is a tool for developers to create massive landmass and does not mean the land will be randomly generated in real time like No Man's Sky, meaning your game will look the exact same as everyone else. This is simply an engine tool to create larger worlds, so expect Starfield (planets?) to be much larger than Fallout 76's map (clarification: speculative), which is already four times bigger than Skyrim. YOUR ELDER SCROLLS/STARFIELD MAP WILL LOOK THE EXACT SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE MAP WILL BE RANDOMLY GENERATED.
  • **Huge major overhaul to the Creation Engine - larger than the jump from Morrowind to Oblivion ("**when people see the results, hopefully they'd be as happy as we are.")
    • Rendering
    • Animation
    • Artificial Intelligence & Pathing
    • Procedural Generation
    • And more areas.
  • It's going to be a while until we see Starfield, the release can be subject to delays etc. so he really doesn't feel comfortable talking about it yet.
    • He doesn't want to reveal Starfield earlier and just release teasers until the eventual release like Cyberpunk.
  • NPCs will play a large role in future games, cities will be expansive and large compared to past games, etc.
  • Will be on Game Pass from Day 1 alongside ES:VI.
  • Bethesda will continue to support mod support in the future.
  • Amount of developers are at least 4x - 5x larger than they were when they worked on Skyrim and Fallout 4. Starfield is going to be big.
    • Bethesda Games Studio Dallas, Maryland and Montreal are working on Starfield.
    • Bethesda Games Austin is in charge of Fallout 76's post-development with the Brotherhood of Steel expansion update coming this December.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

May 17th, 2021, 02:41
When that hatch opens you'll take your first steps into a new world filled with mutants and 50's technology.

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 17th, 2021, 02:42
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Also some insider claims Starfield takes inspiration from No Man's Sky.
I sincerly hope that isn't true.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 17th, 2021, 03:12
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I sincerly hope that isn't true.
This was posted by someone who works in the game press on resetera.
Starfield will be there. Sounds to be more focused on space exploration than being an epic sci-fi saga. Think more No Man's Sky and Outer Worlds than Mass Effect. Just my take based on the little info I was sent so could be a bit off base. We'll see soon.
Link - https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbo…#post-64801436

It's about E3 this summer and the XBox game showcase with Bethesda.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 17th, 2021 at 03:26. Reason: Minor Correction

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 17th, 2021, 03:14
I hear that Todd Howard is a big fan of Starflight and Star Control 2 so I am expecting a first person spin on those games.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Starfield - Leaked Screenshots