Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
THQ Nordic waited till after E3 to announce it's release it seems.

@danutz_plusplus started a thread with more info.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061644927#post1061644927
ELEX II is the sequel to ELEX, the vintage open-world role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic and Risen series, Piranha Bytes. ELEX II returns to the post-apocalyptic Science Fantasy world of Magalan – with massive environments that can be explored with unrivaled freedom via jetpack, you will be able to move through the epic story any way you want.

Several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet. In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax has to go on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders and find his own son, Dex, who got separated from him …

Dive into a huge, hand-crafted, completely unique world with multiple factions and diverse environments set in a post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe.

The game allows you to:

• explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
  • interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who
    • will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly
    • will join or leave your group depending on how you behave
    • are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
  • engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system
  • experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - TwitchGaming Q&A with Matt Cox

Watch a replay of Creative Director Matt Cox's interview with TwitchGaming from the Summer Game Fest Post-Show!

Embark on an epic adventure full of whimsy, wonder, and high-powered weaponry! Bullets, magic, and broadswords collide across this chaotic fantasy world brought to life by the unpredictable Tiny Tina. Roll your own multiclass hero and loot, shoot, slash, and cast your way through outlandish monsters and loot-filled dungeons on a quest to stop the tyrannical Dragon Lord. Everyone's welcome, so join the party, throw on your adventuring boots, and be Chaotic Great!
Mechajammer Demo Released - Steam
Mechajammer is a CRPG with strong tabletop roots but with a precise, peculiar take on the genre. The foundation of the game is an immersive sim (like an isometric Deus Ex) on which the players will freely choose how to face different tactical situations. Stealth is always an option, as party-based combat is.

The combat system sports a powerful twist as turns take place simultaneously and allow for interrupts, quick reactions, and, in general, an experience that feels like real-time but with the rules of turn-based combat systems.

BioWare…Hmm…who's BioWare.:D

Yeah they have nothing to show our plan to unveil more footage at a different show later this year. Hard to imagine at one point I looked forward to every announcement.:(

Mechajammer Demo Gameplay

A tactical cyberpunk turn-based RPG set on an off-world grindhouse jungle colony. Skulk through the shadows or charge in guns blazing. Recruit a unique party for large squad-based assaults as your adventure plunges you deep into the city's secrets.
Wildermyth Left Early Access - Steam

Wildermyth has reached 1.0! That doesn't mean we're all done, but it does mean we think it's a complete game and we won't be making big changes to the structure of it. We're coming out of Early Access, and we have a huge patch to celebrate, as well as some awesome content creators who will be working with us through launch week while the game is on sale.
Todd Howard is finally ready to share some Starfield details - Arstechnica
Luckily, Bethesda Director Todd Howard has offered additional details through interviews to The Washington Post and The Telegraph. In those interviews, Howard describes Starfield as being set "300-ish" years in the future, and he says the team has taken pains to map out a "what happens every decade" history that gets humanity from now to then.
BioWare names Gary McKay as new studio GM - Company's website
We’re delighted to announce that Gary McKay, formerly the Interim General Manager of BioWare, has been confirmed as our permanent GM!

Gary joined BioWare in January of 2020 as the Head of Development Operations before being tapped to be the Interim GM in December. He brings with him more than 20 years of industry experience. “I started my career in the industry with EA back in 1998,” he says, “and it was so exciting to see the studio and company grow in the early days. I spent the next seven years with EA before moving on. But now you could say I’ve come full circle.”

“I’m so grateful for this opportunity,” he continues. “When you spend over 20 years in the industry, there are a small handful of studios on your bucket list in terms of teams you’d want to work with — and BioWare is at the top of my list. This studio is unique in that it has an incredible history of building critically successful games and universes that are truly beloved by so many fans. For me, success is all about rebuilding that reputation, and delivering on that promise of quality.”

Found this on Reddit about the various games Obsidian is developing.

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/mxnjl0/twitter_user_klobrille_wrote_a_detailed_summary/

230 employees and four different games in development.

ho4ge3ntf5v61.jpg

Remaking Demon's Souls - Noclip Teaser

Featuring developers from BluePoint Games and Japan Studio, we unravel the years of work that went into remaking the now-infamous Demon's Souls for the PlayStation 5.
Diablo II: Resurrected Street Date Trailer

On September 23rd, Evil will be resurrected.
Mechajammer Interview - PC Gamer
In early 2016, we got our first look at a "cyberpunk, cybertactical party-based cRPG" called Copper Dreams. A couple of months after that, it completed a successful $40,000 Kickstarter campaign. The project looked very promising, but the Kickstarter's estimated release target of May 2017 proved hopelessly optimistic, and at that point it fell off our radar. Development continued, though, including a name change in mid-2020 to Mechajammer, and today at the PC Gaming Show we saw how far it's come courtesy of a world-exclusive premiere of a brand new trailer.

At first glance, Mechajammer bears a passing resemblance to the original Fallout games. But Hannah Williams, co-founder of developer Whalenough Studios, said that it draws more heavily from the great action/sci-fi films of the 1980s, like Escape From New York, Robocop, and The Terminator.
Elden Ring Hidetaka Miyazaki Interview - IGN
Thankfully, we were lucky enough to sit down for an hour with the legendary game developer, and talk through our biggest questions about the game after its first true showing, and we learned a lot more, from how George R.R. Martin's involvement worked, to its almost Pokemon-like spirit summoning mechanic. What follows is the full transcript from that discussion.

Last edited:
Pete Hines Dives Into Starfield And Redfall

Pete Hines joined Tamoor Hussain and GameSpot to give details about Bethesda's upcoming games. From Starfield to Redfall, Pete explains Bethesda's work philosophy and his thoughts on Xbox Game Pass.
Diablo II: Resurrected - Rod Fergusson Reveals New Details

Rod Fergusson joined us to discuss the latest details on the upcoming remaster of Diablo II. While the Diablo II: Resurrected Alpha took place earlier this year, he delves into the upcoming Beta and what changes the team are hard at work on for Diablo II: Resurrected.
35 Minutes Of Stranger Of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin

We fight our way through various enemies, and even a boss. Check out various weapons and skills in Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin.

Baldur's Gate 3: What's Next For The Game?

Our resident CRPG nerd Dave Jewitt sits down with Larian's Swen Vincke to catch up on Baldur's Gate 3's development, what the future holds for BG3, and we are made to roll a D20 to find out if it's coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X...It wasn't a nat 20...
Turn-based Tactical RPG Stolen Realm Releasing in October - Steam

Stolen Realm is a turn-based tactical RPG that raises the bar. Master deep and satisfying, tactical combat. Venture forth as a single champion or with a party of up to four. Play single player or multiplayer through online co-op. Recover the Stolen Realm.
Dying Light 2 Trailer - PC Gaming Show E3 2021

Dying Light 2 Trailer, shown during PC Gaming Show 2021
Gamedec - About the Freedom of Approach

Gamedec launches on PC on September 16th this year! Watch the CGI trailer, download the demo, and dive into this unique, cyberpunk world of the future.
Medieval Dynasty - A Glimpse of Upcoming Features and Additions
For the last few months, we've been tucked away working on Medieval Dynasty and making the game better, more optimized, and with new content. Correcting errors, squashing bugs, optimizing, they'e all-important parts of the Early Access phase. Deep inside though, we know it's the new additions to the game that you are most looking forward to! So, let's not keep you waiting and let us show you what we'll be adding to the game in an upcoming update!
Steam Next Fest June 2021: Demos of RPGs available from June 16th to 22nd

Wildermyth Reviews

Last edited:
Stolen Realm looks like For the King. I enjoyed FtK so will maybe give this a look, if it's not a total rip-off.

Those are games to tide me over till Larian gets off their behind and finishes BG3.:biggrin:

Hopefully the following months (or years) will be busy too, then ;)

I wonder how ATOM Trudograd feels compared to the first. From what I read, it's confined in one city.
Tell me about it seven months in EA and only one new class & a few patches so-far. :(

As for ATOM:Trudograd I haven't played the Alpha or Beta. I hope it's a large city with various locations on a map like the first game. Otherwise it will a very short game.

On a side note took me three years to finish Pathfinder as I went full on OCD. I played it three times with different aliments, builds, and picked different choices. Still missed a lot.

On a side note took me three years to finish Pathfinder as I went full on OCD. I played it three times with different aliments, builds, and picked different choices. Still missed a lot.
I'm not surprised, it's a long game if you explore everything. Took me months for one run, and I'm sure I haven't seen everything.

Gamededc is looking like it could be a lot of fun, lots of potential. Lots of good looking games in the pipeline.

Matt Chat 469: SKALD Against the Black Priory Prologue

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl Developer Showcase

In this breakdown during the Xbox Games Showcase, elaborates on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2's enemies, characters, and the campfire that players will routinely return to. Additionally, we get a look into the game's behind-the-scenes motion capture, and some of its new guns. The game is expected to release April 28, 2022 exclusively to Xbox Series X|S, available day one on Game Pass.
Fallout 76: Steel Reign and Expeditions Details

Fallout 76 Project Lead, Jeff Gardiner, and Design Director, Mark Tucker, join Michael Higham to reveal new details around Fallout 76's latest update, Steel Reign. They also go into further detail about what Fallout 76: Expeditions will be all about, and why they chose The Pitt as their location.

Grounded: Shroom & Doom - Game Update Overview

Creative Director Adam Brennecke and Community Manager Aarik Dorobiala explain the new mechanics and creation options coming in the next big update for Obsidian's tiny-world survival RPG.
Medieval Dynasty - Official Update Trailer

Start your own dynasty in Medieval Dynasty, a survival game where you will need to hunt, build, craft, and lead your way through the Middle Ages. Available now in Early Access on Steam.
Scarlet Nexus - Developer Game Overview

The developers at Bandai Namco give you a closer look at the visuals, enemies, story, and gameplay you'll encounter in Scarlet Nexus.
Tales of Arise - Hands-on Preview

We delve into Tales of Arise's updated battle system in this new hands-on preview.

Obsidian will show more from Avowed "soon" - Gamereactor
"For those who are wondering about Avowed, the team is hard at work making something we're sure fans of our games and the Pillars of Eternity universe are going to love. While we are not showing anything right now, we are looking forward to showing off what we have been working on soon."

Back
Top Bottom