Steam - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces that the Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land RPG is now available for a low price of $4.99. Here is a video and some game details.

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is Now Available on Steam!

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is a turn-based strategy/role-playing game based on the award winning Call of Cthulhu RPG. Developed in conjunction with Chaosium and based their multi-award winning Call of Cthulhu RPG. Set in the midst of World War One, the game pits your team of investigators and soldiers against an ancient enemy, one older than humanity itself… Can your team of investigators keep their grip on sanity long enough to stop these diabolical plans?

The game features:

- Full 3D graphics with high quality textures, images and effects.
- Select from a range of authentic period weapons, equipment, armour, skills.
- Build your team up to match your gaming style; will you shred your foes with massed rifle fire or blast them with powerful spells gleaned from forbidden tomes? It's your choice!

Call of Cthulhu was originally the title of a novella by cult American horror writer H.P. Lovecraft (1890–1937) which has, since it was published in 1928, captured the imagination of generation after generation of fans. Returning to the horror from Lovecraft's original 'Reanimator' set during the dark days of WW1, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land draws the player into a nightmare world where the terror of mustard gas and trench warfare are but a foretaste of what is to follow.
More information.

I bought this one, not because I have any big expectations about it, but rather because it was cheap and I have already bought/played the only other Cthulhu games around (I think).

Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

The game is very good, but on the mobile device. PC version on the other hand has got troubles with control, game is unresponsive and slightly buggy. This is a shame, since it is solid turn based title. Ios version gave me much fun.

Bought this on a whim - my friend had it on mobile and said it was ok. Played for a few minutes and the controls are really counter intuitive and unresponsive. This put me off to such an extent that I just left it .. may look at it again some time, but now soon....

I was reading the reviews on play.google.com and there are a lot of complaints about the controls on mobile devices enough that i passed. The video makes it look cool... story any good ?

The game is very good, but on the mobile device. PC version on the other hand has got troubles with control, game is unresponsive and slightly buggy. This is a shame, since it is solid turn based title. Ios version gave me much fun.

Was interested in this title, but guess all ratings/opinions are much different to decide, some says the mobile version is better (have a Android smartphone), others says the PC one is the better and many say all version are bad

Just look at the user ratings on steam. All thumbs down, and pretty consistent comments about terrible controls.

But then look at the magazine review comments at the top saying how awesome it is. Remember, you get those shining magazine type reviewer comments because they want to been seen. If they said it was mediocre or crap, they wouldn't get their name/company highlighted at the top of the screen.

Same goes for the dumb quotations you see on movie dvd covers.

There's definitely some exaggerating here. I played through this back when the PC version was first released, and it isn't that bad. It's short and simplistic compared to most TBS game, but I enjoyed it as a Lovecraft fan.

I bought this one, not because I have any big expectations about it, but rather because it was cheap and I have already bought/played the only other Cthulhu games around (I think).

Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

So did I, I love the Cthulhu Mythos. I actually really like this game a lot. I originally bought it on Intel's AppUp store - because it was the only place one could find it. The controls was buggy yes - it seemed to freeze every now and then so that you couldn't accept or cancel actions. When the AppUp store went defunct the developer actually made good on giving me a free steam key even though Intel refunded me. I am currently playing it again and I don't know if the developer did some bug fixes but it is pretty stable so far. So as long as the controls work and no bugs popup I'm happy...

Back
Top Bottom