INSOMNIA: The Ark - Patch 1.4

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Patch 1.4 has been released for INSOMNIA: The Ark.

V1.4 has arrived + plans for the future
13 DECEMBER - VAULT_13

Hello everyone! Today is the day as we are releasing the next patch for INSOMNIA: The Ark. Previously, we've outlined a roadmap regarding the specific issues we've been working on. So let us go over some of the highlights below:

• A key remapping option has been added to the Settings menu. Now it doesn't matter if you are using QWERTY, AZERTY or a custom made keyboard scrapped from the computer terminal of a lost civilization - we've got you covered!
  • Endgame dialogue with Thel now allows you to get all of the possible story outcomes based on the decisions made throughout the game. Were you helpful enough to the ones in need? Or maybe you pursued your own goals all the way down to the end? Let's find out!
  • Lack of option to talk to Riebel in order to complete the "Bane of Mills" quest has been fixed, which was an issue if you were skillful enough to progress with this quest using your hacking skills. Hold on Thyper, we are coming!
  • Inventory sorting now works as expected and previously equipped items no longer overlay other items. You can now get back to your regular scavenging activities. Just remember to keep your inner kleptomaniac in check or you may find yourself encumbered with heavy loot and your character will suffer from poor combat performance!
  • The volume level toggles for music and sound effects are sorted out in the Settings menu. Now you can have better control over what you want to hear while roaming Object 6 on your way to... what you've been doing lately anyway?
  • Numerous smaller bug fixes and improvements.

We are still battling our way through a bug with the "Collector" quest and some other settings-related issues, which is something to look forward to in v1.5. And since 2018 is almost over, you are probably wondering about our plans regarding INSOMNIA, aren't you?

2019 and beyond

Obviously we will continue to collect the feedback you are providing via the Community Hub, comments and other means of communication in order to continue improving the game. At the same time, our priority for the near future is to update the version of the Unreal Engine 4 that INSOMNIA currently uses to the latest one. This should help resolve a few issues like missing textures for specific in-game models, localization-related glitches and generally make the game more stable.

We are researching the subject at the moment and doing all kinds of tests to get an idea of whether the engine update is worth pursuing, as well as what our team and you, our community, can expect from it. Anyway we've got plenty of good stuff planned for INSOMNIA in 2019, including content updates, so stay tuned!

P.S. we still have more news for you till the end of 2018, so no worries. See you next week insomniacs ;)
More information.

So just another bug infested kickstarter game? Seems to be the trend nowadays.:(

I am playing it through now and think its pretty good as well, though it takes some time to get into. The game has some weaknesses. You are thrown in and are overwhelmed with "lore" and are given very little direction. The beginning of the game is just hard to get into. The characters are also nondescript for the most part. The setting is unusual and the main story seems interesting so far and its definitely a crpg with a lot of quests once it opens up. I found myself losing track of time sometimes after that point. I need to see how many bugs there still are. What I've run up to mostly at this point are incomplete English item descriptions and a few times I lost the ability to activitate things or people by clicking on them, which was fixable with a simple reload. I'm not sure if the latest patch has solved these problems. I'd be happy to answer questions as best I can.

So in both of your opinions the game is fully playable with no game breaking bugs? See I can ignore small quest bugs but not if they break the main campaign.o_O

So in both of your opinions the game is fully playable with no game breaking bugs? See I can ignore small quest bugs but not if they break the main campaign.o_O

Impossible for me to say as I haven't played it since v 1.2
@forgottenlor; - Can you confirm that they indeed fixed the volume controls? I found the background music much too loud for my taste, and that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing. Does reducing the slider now correctly lower the volume?

Impossible for me to say as I haven't played it since v 1.2

@forgottenlor; - Can you confirm that they indeed fixed the volume controls? I found the background music much too loud for my taste, and that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing. Does reducing the slider now correctly lower the volume?

I tested all 4 volume controls and they seem to work. A lot of the background sound seems to not come from the music bar, though, but from the effects and enviornment bars. Anyways its possible to filter that out.
Incomplete item descriptions in English (where part was Russian or not included) seems also to be largely solved.

I am "only" 11 hours into the game at this point and haven't run into any quest bugs so far. I did run into a situation where my character died of mental illness and I didn't understand what was going on. Luckily I got help on the forum with this.

I bought this and have tried it a few times. It's.... ok, I guess. Not really working for me, so far.

Back
Top Bottom