Rogue Empire - Early Access launched

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of the roguelike Rogue Empire is now available:

Rogue Empire

The shadow came, destroying everything in its way! Every kingdom in Ethistos was loosing ground and lives. When all seemed lost... the First Shadow disappeared! Where? How? No one knows... But the marks of their coming still linger across Ethistos!

Rogue Empire is an tactical turn-based RPG randomly generated content and heavy Rogue-like elements. Choose one of multiple character combinations and advance it with unique abilities!

Embark on a quest to heal the world of Ethistos and unveil the mysteries of the First Shadow!

Key features:

• Randomly generated dungeons, items and events! Play again and again!
  • Unique class building based of Trading Card Games concepts.
  • Many unique bosses to defeat!
  • 7 races and 5 distinct classes to choose!
  • A huge map with exploration events, side quests and story!
  • Soul essence: Dying will provide you with valuable soul essence, used to unlock perks and new options for your next adventures!
  • A beautifully illustrated story with multiple endings!
More information.

Picked it up, played 60 hrs, character progression is fun and the core of this game is solid. A good EA and this is something i could play another 100hrs.

Is this compareable to Dungeonmans?

If yes, I'm all in. The card mechanics seems also very interesting.

Is this compareable to Dungeonmans?

If yes, I'm all in. The card mechanics seems also very interesting.

what do you mean by comparable?

It has some differences (i loved dmans as well and i still play it) :

1) rogue empire has a hunger mechanic while there is none in dmans (maybe there is in pay2lose dlc but not sure)
2) character progression in dmans is linear (you can pick whatever you like and plan it before rolling) in RE the card mechanic makes it less predictable.
3) RE has classic roguelike features (ala ADOM) like doors to break and traps
4) dmans is finished and released time ago, RE is work in progress (EA) but already enjoyable.

what do you mean by comparable?

It has some differences (i loved dmans as well and i still play it) :

Thanks for the rundown! I'm sold and will buy soon.

(Will first have to finish Swordcoast Legends before it's too late. Just left the prolog and it is better than expected. It's sufficiently difficult on hard-mode and the cooldowns are long enough to give the skills a use-per-combat-feeling. It has little to do with D&D though and definitely isn't BG III. On its own it seems to be a decent RTwP-RPG.)

Good title screen graphics and stolen dungeon graphics style from ADOM, but it quickly becomes the War of Big Red Letters with those ugly fonts constantly flying upwards.. I'm rather playing amazing ADOM.

Looks interesting. Don't think I'll get it early access, but I'll keep in mind on release.

Back
Top Bottom