Greedfall - Gameplay Video

It looks amazing! I feel this is the game where Spiders finally reaches their potential.

Every time I see a video about this game, I can't help feeling a certain RIsen 2 vibe.

Risen? Only because of that tricorne hat and white painted native?
To me it looks like Dragons Age Inquisition: very similar interface and character art - that one babe looked absolutely like Cassandra (one with shield and sword) from DAI, almost same face!

Risen? Only because of that tricorne hat and white painted native?
To me it looks like Dragons Age Inquisition: very similar interface and character art - that one babe looked absolutely like Cassandra (one with shield and sword) from DAI, almost same face!
I agree after watching the video one of the female characters looks absolutely like Cassandra from DAI. Except the color is off and she is dressed differently.

Anyway not surprised as early previews called it similar to DAI.
Every time I see a video about this game, I can't help feeling a certain RIsen 2 vibe.
That's what I thought when I first watched an earlier video. As both are set in the colonial period just different worlds. Reminds me I have to replay all three Risen's again.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me. Not too sure about the way things move in combat, but otherwise quite impressive.

I also got bored pretty quickly with Spiders' other games, but this one has intrigued me from the start, largely due to the setting. And it's more intriguing the more I see of it.

The movement and blocking looks awkward, but the rest of the animations are great. I especially like the way attacks have impact. Certainly much better than Elex.

What excites me though are the improved skill trees and weapon variety. The combat appears deeper than any of their past games, but I wonder about the attributes and talents.

Looks good!

As others have said I think it looks good.

I’d have to see more on the combat mechanics though before pulling the trigger.

War logs and technomancer combat was just ok and I’m not sure I’d play through this if it’s more of the same.

The pause in combat is good.
Art is very nice.
I dont like much the look of that daughter of native tribe. Doesnt really look like native.
The focus on diplomacy is very good idea IMHO, I just hope it wont backfire somehow from Dark Souls "drones".

It could be their best game.

BTW Short glimpse of game world: :)

Cautiously optimistic.

I wonder how "open" the game world is going to be... In the gameplay vid it looks "fenced in" with mountains and such. Can the main char jump?

Spiders always bites off a little more than they can chew, but that's part of their charm. We need more ambitious yet small RPG studios.

I wonder how "open" the game world is going to be… In the gameplay vid it looks "fenced in" with mountains and such. Can the main char jump?

Exploration oriented, but not open world. Their CEO/writer compared it to Dragon Age.

Back
Top Bottom