Crowfall - Funded on Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I mentioned an MMO RPG called Crowfall when it launched on kickstarter last month. It seems the game was successfully funded, and made $1,766,205 to fund the game.

First, thanks again for supporting Crowfall. You are backing a game vision that you want to play, and we believe that this is the cutting edge way for innovative games to be built. Many of you didn’t know about us before you heard about us from a friend, a colleague, on blog, on a community site or maybe from an email from another game like the ones below.

This update is specifically for thanking all the other crowdfunded game teams that introduced us to their audiences, even when we are, by all traditional standards, direct competitors. This willingness to expose our customers to other games is an expression of creators wanting the best for our audiences rather than simply thinking about our own selfish needs. Game makers are also game players, and we want more great games to get made. It’s good for you the consumer and it’s good for our industry.

If Crowfall is the first game you’ve ever crowdfunded, you should really check out all the other great teams below that are building innovative, cutting edge and/or just delightful games who are backed through pledges from regular people like yourselves.
More information.

Last edited:
Cowfall...

You mean it's not a cow tipping simulator? :biggrin:

Just having a little friday fun.

This looks interesting...still not enough game play to know if it's going to be worth investing in. It does have some decent features though...kind of resembles features from games like Dragon Age, DayZ and EverQuest Next to name a few.

Here's a video that has Natalie ;) ,...she's behind the scenes girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5I1WEOXNM

Well, I admit to having a few drinks, but when I read "I mentioned an MMO RPG called Cowfall" I'm like…you have to be kidding me, people put 1.7m into a MMORPG about cows? WTF?! Later it says "crowfall" and then I was like, ok, mebbe.

I'm not sure I'd call what they're doing an MMORPG. Looks more like some variant of online PvP more like MOBA or RTS.

I was tempted to try this, but the seasonal aspect makes me think that you'd need to play a LOT to stay ahead of others. These days, even on Everquest, I like to keep my online time to bare minimals, showing up for raids is about as much as I like to do.

Well I was glad to provide members with a few laughs.:lol:

As this site gets to serious for its own good sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom