Atention moderators and admins...

don't worry cmgamer... i never spam :D i just put a link... and that's all! Spammers are nothing but idi...s.

Dani you are the very type of person the site needs and wants. Yes, it was a person who had to go from here. Personally I try to point people to the site as often as possible, but only in legitimate ways. Spamming it is not the first impression I want anyone to have of the site. ;)

:) Oh a dab of spam never hurts. That may be why we Americans are so fat? :lol:

well... maybe in their contry cheeseburgers are spammed... that's why.. :D :D :D

just a joke if any american is here...

'Spam' is canned meat, Gaboru.

Not at all. It's what Cm was referrering to: SPAM actually is a brand of canned meat. Monty Python's Flying Circus frequently used SPAM in their series.

That was a delightful trip down memory lane!!

Anyone else feel like we're throwing rocks at the short bus? I suppose anything that gives us a Python moment can't be all bad.

Ok, topic of why html's are blocked by sites between a friend and I so I come here to ask the pro's. I think it is to keep load speeds for the site faster. Why does the Watch block them? ;)

Mostly to keep the focus on the discussion and avoid crap. Speed is probably a very small consideration. Let me turn it around: why would someone want html enabled on a board?

You don't unless you want the visual spam right?

You don't unless you want the visual spam right?

That's they way I see it. You want to give your readers enough room to express their identity (hence we allow your own avatar, for example) but for us, the conversation should be the focus. Enabing html only encourages a visual assault that might be desirable on some boards because of the "look at me!!" factor but we don't want that.

Enabing html only encourages a visual assault that might be desirable on some boards because of the "look at me!!" factor but we don't want that.

Too often that really does end up feeling like a 'visual assault!'

:police:
Topic, ladies, topic.

Make one. Preferrably in OT! :)

Back
Top Bottom