Reviews - ASAP or Gathered?

Reviews/Previews - As soon as possible or gathered?

• I'd like to know about every single one asap

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • I'd prefer to have them gathered a little

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Also, making a suggestion in a thread is one thing - even starting a thread is fine. But making a suggestion that pretty much applies to one person and THEN after getting a response going and creating a new tread to re-address the same issue WITHOUT taking it private ... that is a douchebag move ... or whining. But NOT constructive.

At that point, 'do it yourself or STFU' is a completely appropriate response.

All I can say is I am glad that Couch can look at this thread and see the large number of people who support his efforts compares to the small number of a$$hats and feel that his large volunteer effort is appreciated.

Not saying that there is no room for criticism or commentary, but there is a line.

All I can or want to say at this point is, that contrary to what Myrthos and txa1265 said in my eyes it was never made clear that feedback on News-Reporting is not appreciated and instead taken as sign of depreciating an individual which wasn't my intention. My intention was to suggest an improvement to the site like the description of this forum itself suggested.

As there is obviously no use about such a thread in this case it can as well be closed by the first mod who is reading this before anything goes up in flames.

At my age, life's too short to be able to spend the time Couch does posting news. While I sometimes do post, it's usually when I find something different, or when asked to back up the regular news poster while they are away. It is a VERY time consuming job and Couch does a thorough and brilliant job of it. I see how many revisions he makes to nearly every post just to make sure everything is done as well as possible. You don't get that feedback, I do so I know how long it takes him. Criticism is easy; even idiots can do it. If I had my way, I'd limit such criticism to people who'd actually done the job for a few weeks, but lucky for you guys, Myrthos is more tolerant than I am. Suggestions for ways to improve are always appreciated, but LEAVE IT THERE!! If they are not adopted, there is likely a VERY good reason for that. Finally, we could USE more news posters. Couch would love to have more help, as would Myrthos. Gorath and I rarely post news and currently, that's pretty much our active staff. A few others contribute occasionally, but this IS a totally volunteer site and good volunteers who stick at it are very hard to find. So, instead of griping, why not be pro-active instead and offer to help!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom