Pillars of Eternity II - Ship Crew Unlocked

This is what I would call a mmorpg activity. Something I would rather have crew do for me and say come back after 8 hours and they have fish for me rather than have me grind and waste time on it.

You are not forced to upgrade your fortress in PoE to get these different resting boni. Why should it be different with fishing in PoE2? And who knows exactly how this feature is going to be implemented?

8th companion, ydwin? Let me guess is a mermaid that you can only catch with very special bait while fishing on your ship.:biggrin:
Ydwin is a pale elf rogue/cipher: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=278#updates

This is what happens when insecure, clueless hipsters (no offense meant to joxer) don't have a clear conception of what they're doing, and how to make a traditional RPG (a proper RPG).

Instead, they begin playing and toying with irrelevant, infantile BS, so they stray off course completely. Happened with PoE 1, it's happening again, and t'will happen with PoE 3 (God forbid).

The fact of the matter is, the more depth you give to marginal features like this, the less of a RPG it will be. Despite whatever you may think.

As long as these insecure, clueless hipster buy the game and have fun with it, it's hard to argue they are wrong. People saw these stretch goals and neither withdrawed their pledge nor stopped throwing money at them, including you IIRC. So it seems a little bit ridiculous to tell them they should now feel bad because it doesn't fit to some definition.

I liked the stretch goals because there is plenty of "meat" for me in this game... some of this lighter stuff might be fun if they do it right. But since I dissent I guess I'm a dirty hipster and "despite what I think" I'll just stfu.

No clue as to why you recognized yourself as belonging with that group. Nothing to add.

Hmm, I wonder if anybody contributed just so they could troll the PoE2 threads? Maybe it's their stretch goal. Thanks for contributing to our enjoyment. :lol:

We can all name ourselves Jack Sparrow.

Just sayin.

Fishing? Umm...no thanks. I do not like crafting single use items, it always feels like a waste of time. Good crafting? Underrail...

I rarely craft at all. I think there was only one game that had me crafting like crazy: Arcanum.

Litl' present for sakichop.

prod_000000_Play-n-Scoot-Pirate-Ship.jpg

A cute little pirate ship to play with. :p

I recall a couple of entertaining pirate board games as a kid; one being "Black Cannon" which had these little nifty mini-canons in which you fired plastic balls at your mate's ships. ;) Every hit made the ship smaller until eventually the player was on a wreck. *fires one at Bobo's, err saki's ship*.

Very curious to see the game-play and role-playing differences between hiring various crew members and how much of an impact it will have.

Once hired, crew members can be assigned roles on the ship, and will play a role in the events and battles that you encounter at sea.

I wonder what they mean by that exactly. Will we be able to control them in battle like party members?

I wonder what they mean by that exactly. Will we be able to control them in battle like party members?

I doubt it very much. They will probably give stats boost to canons, ship speed, etc for the scripted events part of sea battles and show up as allies during the fight on the deck.

Back
Top Bottom