Elex Who should I join?

Will keep it in mind :) not even close yet.

Crap I deleted the wrong post. Sorry.
Anyways… I was trying to say, character stories are really interesting.

On topic that means don't worry, characters will still like (or dislike) you regardless of faction you picked.
You're basically playing RPGwatch discussions. ;)

Beserkers are good guys?
Let's see, main dude hires you to murder a cleric and is pissed if you just let him leave the village. Another guy asks you to murder an outlaw that's outside the town. They murder a guy who is trying to find a better way to save World Hearts, um yeah, good guys.

Beserkers are like Nazis. The only decent group is the folks in Domed City. They have issues but they're all trying to get along. PB didn't make this group a faction because all the rest of the groups would be empty. Just pick the skills you like because every faction is pretty horrible and there is no honor in any of them.

Still consider them overall the good guys. They have laws and enforce them. Also that guy who asks you to do that bad thing is a bad person to begin with. Anyhow all your examples have a reason why those things are occurring. Overall the group is more welcoming and friendly than the rest of them.

No faction is perfect or pure. Good and bad in both. I was given broad strokes in that the B seemed to have more good qualities. The Clerics could be good - not sure since I haven't done much with them. Maybe they aren't neutral.

I don't see Duras as evil at all. His quest made it pretty clear why he did what he did.

Beserkers are like Nazis..

And the Clerics aren't? Conform to our ways or we execute you. :)

I agree about the factions in general though. There isn't one that I really like. It would have been neat if joining the Domed City was an option.

As far as the companions are concerned, I like Caja the best by far.

I AM CLERIC, HEAR ME ROAR!!!
(well, hear me murmur while I try to do Suggestion on you)

I got sick of seeing Suggestion prompts I couldn't use, and not being able to upgrade certain weapons, so Cleric it is. I was heading that way anyway, admittedly. I'd done a fair amount of Berzerker and Outlaw quests, so I got a decent taste of the other factions. Made a sensibly named save, of course , so I can go back later and try them.

Yeah, I tried to do the same, but it seemed I had botched my standings with the Berserkers by the time I joined the Clerics. There weren't enough quests left to give me a good standing with Ragnar. So, I had to start from scratch, but now I have a proper "FactionChoice" save that I can use to join the Outlaws if I feel like playing it a 3rd time anytime soon (if more than a few months passes, I'm just likely to restart regardless of the save, as I've forgotten the exact progress of the save by then).

I made my mind from the early beginning. Outlaws. Never did well with "be a good boy and obey the rules".
Then i went to the outlaw city and hated almost every person there. Now i'm delaying the choise. Trying to understand if there is a way to mess the leadership in the outlaws. It's the only way i'm gonna join them.

when does joining begin (and you can't change your choice?), when you accept to do a quest to join or when these quests are done?

It's very explicit, you don't risk joining by accident. It's at the end of a series of quests for each faction, which you can do regardless of whether or not you want to join them. When joining them is an option, you get a fairly big "I would like to join you!" followed by a fairly obvious "Are you sure? That means you can't join the other two factions" type of dialogue.

Also, it can't be changed.

It's very explicit, you don't risk joining by accident. It's at the end of a series of quests for each faction, which you can do regardless of whether or not you want to join them. When joining them is an option, you get a fairly big "I would like to join you!" followed by a fairly obvious "Are you sure? That means you can't join the other two factions" type of dialogue.

Also, it can't be changed.

Thanks, good to know.

I got bored before I ever joined anyone. My own fault. I kept starting over. However, I'll be able to pick it up again someday and still have 75% of the content as fresh.

I think I have a savegame before joining any faction at level 22 or 23.
Although, skill setup might not be to your liking... But you have enough $ to boost whatever with Elex pots.

Want it? :evilgrin:

I am torn too.

I like the fun of melee over ranged, but prefer the Cleric tech and psy skills.

Is it viable to create a melee Cleric with psy skills, or are the attribute requirements different and the Cleric skills not so good for melee?

Back
Top Bottom