Square Enix - Final Fantasy III Announcement

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Square Enix sent out an official press release confirming that Final Fantasy III will be released on Steam, but don't give a date just a vague coming soon comment.

Final Fantasy III Announcement

LONDON (9th May 2014) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces FINAL FANTASY® III, one of the best-loved games from the epic RPG series, is coming soon to Steam.

First released in Japan in 1990, FINAL FANTASY III was the first title in the Final Fantasy series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that Square Enix's classic RPG saga was here to stay. The game first reached European shores in 2007 when it launched as a 3D remake on the Nintendo DS, also selling in excess of one million copies worldwide.

Coming soon to Steam, FINAL FANTASY III has been optimised for PC gaming with new and improved 3D visuals and story sequences, and will include Steam Trading Cards and Achievements and new visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards.

The Story of FINAL FANTASY III

Protected by the crystals of light, the once peaceful land has forever been changed by the great tremor. Without warning, the earthquake pulled the crystals into the earth, upsetting the world’s fragile balance. It seems as if all hope is lost – but as the Gulgan prophecy foretold, four souls blessed with the light shall once again restore balance to the world.

Near the small village of Ur, fate guides Luneth to a sentient crystal that changes his life forever. As the light of the crystal fades, Luneth embarks on a journey to seek three others who share his destiny to search for the remaining crystals, and fight the battle of light and darkness.

Game Features

• New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences
  • Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game record
  • New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
  • Upgraded graphics
  • Includes Achievements
  • New feature of Steam Trading Cards
More information.

Warning, this is not Final Fantasy VI rebranded III for western market years ago. It's the FF3 that wasn't originally released here. Except more recently for Nintendo DS.

So... It's an outdated crappy game with the horrible 3D chubby graphics where characters walk like pigeons. :)

Warning, this is not Final Fantasy VI rebranded III for western market years ago. It's the FF3 that wasn't originally released here. Except more recently for Nintendo DS.

So… It's an outdated crappy game with the horrible 3D chubby graphics where characters walk like pigeons. :)
Give the man a cookie everyone.:cookie:

Now as for me I don't care if it has cartoon graphics I'm buying on release.;)

FF8 was great at first island, then somehow quickly sunk into oblivion as Might & Magic came out and especially as I discovered Kings Bounty Anthology!!!!

Another Final Fantasy re-release?
How about getting smart and making a Dead Fantasy game instead. Oh, silly me, it's Square Enix where all new things are going on consoles/phones, not on PC as on PC there are no AI restrictions so you don't have to confess you can't code a proper AI.

Well, it's good to see that Square is starting to get the old Final Fantasy games onto PC. It's sad that I'm looking forward to old FF games more than new ones but there it is.

I am happy to see more Final Fantasy games come to the PC, as this has always been one of my favorite console game series. This also implies that we will likely see FF4-6 on Steam as well, since they were all recently remade for iOS and Android (actually, all of the first 6 FF games were). I think they finally woke up and discovered the profitable possibilities of Steam.

My only disappointment is that Square/Enix is notorious for porting games all over the place, without optimizing them for the machine they are being ported to. It's sad that modders were able to do much more with FFVII and FFVIII than Square bothered to. I fear that we will see this game come out with big blocky iOS touchscreen menu options rather than something more suited to the PC.

On the plus side, this may mean that future games in the series will now be coming to PC as well.

How updated will the graphics be? Damn, I'd kill to have Final Fantasy 12 level character models for FF1-6. Sadly, we've gotten nothing but disappointment from japanese companies that release ports on PC. Will SE change that? If they do, they will be rewarded but I won't get my hopes up.

Damn, I'd kill for an updated version of FF6... if it actually looked BETTER than the SNES graphics.

How updated will the graphics be? Damn, I'd kill to have Final Fantasy 12 level character models for FF1-6. Sadly, we've gotten nothing but disappointment from japanese companies that release ports on PC. Will SE change that? If they do, they will be rewarded but I won't get my hopes up.

Damn, I'd kill for an updated version of FF6… if it actually looked BETTER than the SNES graphics.

I wouldn't count on FF12 level graphics. They did improve the sprites of FF6 for the mobile releases. They are a lot more crisp and higher resolution than the SNES original. But they are not 3D.

The only games that were remade are Final Fantasy 3 & 4. The other games were just enhanced and not remade.

Quit dicking around Squeenix and make something NEW and QUALITY for PC.

Enough Final Fantasy already, sheeeeit.

Why the hell is Square Enix sending FF announcements to the Watch?

Back
Top Bottom