City of Abandoned Ships - Scheduled for May Release

magerette

Hedgewitch
Worthplaying posts an update on Akella's and Seaward.ru's piracy themed rpg, City of Abandoned Ships, giving a (presumably U.S.) release date of May 12. There's apparently been a title overhaul as well, with the game being referred to as Age of Pirates 2:CoAS. Here's the features list:
Key Features

• Face fierce ship-to-ship combat or stand toe-to-toe with the most feared swordsmen in the Caribbean
  • Choose from 3 different characters and 3 different classes, Merchant, Corsair and Adventurer, each with their own quest line with more than 10 missions
  • Four main campaigns with over 40 quests
  • Over 40 quest generators allowing for an additional infinite amount of quests
  • New combat system for faster fights
  • Choose from 3 weapon classes: light, medium and heavy
  • New “PIRATES” role playing system with the following characteristics: Power, Impression, Reaction, Authority, Talent, Endurance, Success
  • Advanced trading system
  • Meet real-life historical characters such as Jamaican governors Colonel Thomas Lynch and Thomas Modyford
  • Accurate maps of the Caribbean with a vast array of land-based locations, from dense South American jungle to dark Caribbean cave complexes (3 times the size of the “Caribbean Tales” world)

More information.

Hm, doesn't sound bad. :)

There are so far only very few Pirate-themed offline C-RPGs available ...

I'm looking forward to this! I hope it's as modifiable as it's predecessors as, I have to admit, every one of their pirate games since Sea Dogs has needed some hefty modding.

It's about time this one surfaced again. It has been a while. Usually when a title submarines in publicity (at least it has on this site) it means it's still a long way off. I'm skeptical on the May release, but that would be nice.

I think it is already out in russia and has been for awhile and I hope it is better then Age of Pirates.

Back
Top Bottom