Found $5 - What should I do?

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor
Today I decided to buy lunch in the food court. As i'm waiting for my food to be prepared, I look over and see a $5 bill just sitting on the ground. So I go over and pick it up, expecting it to belong to the guy just in front of it, ordering his food at another booth. I asked him if it was his, he looks in his wallet, and says nope not mine. Asked the guy next to him, and he just looks at me and says: "nope! looks like you get your food for free today!". Well I already payed for my food, and figured since this is a high class business building I work in, looking for the owner will be pointless. These guys pay $30 a day just for parking. I've decided to do something good with it but not sure what. Should I:

1) Give it to someone homeless?
2) Give it to a charity?
3) Keep it and wait for an opportunity?
4) Something else?

Definitely a Canadian story. :p

I'd pop it in the charity box. The homeless charities in London ask people not to give direct to the homeless, as virtually all of them have drug/alcohol problems.

Definitely a Canadian story. :p

I'd pop it in the charity box. The homeless charities in London ask people not to give direct to the homeless, as virtually all of them have drug/alcohol problems.

In most cases I don't give actual money to homeless either (usually just food or a bus ticket, etc), unless it feels like a special case. In Canada they're usually warmly dressed and seem to have access to food and hostels for the night anyways.

Buy a small rooster and train him to be a cockfighter. Will take you about two years, but do it right, and you'll live like a king when money starts rolling in.

Buy a small rooster and train him to be a cockfighter. Will take you about two years, but do it right, and you'll live like a king when money starts rolling in.

htatrn.jpg

Make another raffle here, as part of RPGWatch's 10th birthday. I'm in :D :D

Today I decided to buy lunch in the food court. As i'm waiting for my food to be prepared, I look over and see a $5 bill just sitting on the ground. So I go over and pick it up, expecting it to belong to the guy just in front of it, ordering his food at another booth. I asked him if it was his, he looks in his wallet, and says nope not mine. Asked the guy next to him, and he just looks at me and says: "nope! looks like you get your food for free today!". Well I already payed for my food, and figured since this is a high class business building I work in, looking for the owner will be pointless. These guys pay $30 a day just for parking. I've decided to do something good with it but not sure what. Should I:

2) Give it to a charity?
4) Something else?

Sounds like the start of an Ultima game.

pibbur whose avatar is a phone booth

2) Give it to a charity?
4) Something else?

Make a donation to a charity that helps vulnerable people and make it in someone else's name as a gift.

Well giving to the homeless seems like the right thing to do. Personally I don't care if they buy drugs or alcohol. If that is the person end game to get either or both of those things they will with or without people helping. The problem is so many that are not homeless dress up homeless.

A charity, a young child maybe that has a paper route. We don't get paper but often when I see him my wife or I will give him a few dollars. Anyone that is helping unwanted pets right up there with me.

Today I decided to buy lunch in the food court.

I would have given it to anyone I seen taking dishes off the table :)
or....
The grumpiest worker you can see behind the counter.

Yell at the clerk and tell them you gave them 20 and only got change for a 10!

Few crazy ideas:

-Put the $5 in the frame and hang it up on your office wall. Now all your co-workers become jealous of your good fortune. (Just good luck getting the next promotion though :p)

-You could always let it go. Just release the bill from your hand while you're standing next to an open window. Let nature decide who deserves it best.

-If you're feeling really crazy, you could always donate it to the goverment or just burn it in the fireplace which is almost like a same thing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom