Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Coming Out on PC - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Coming Out on PC

Default Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Coming Out on PC

January 19th, 2020, 04:52
H:ZD is a really good game with some problems. Mainly, the pacing. The last 1/3 of the game is so, so loaded with exposition. It's like they were wrapping up development and suddenly realized "hey, we forgot about explaining the story!" Seriously, towards the very end you encounter one scene after another of holograms re-enacting the story, and what happened to the world to make it the one you just played in. You DO get a notion of what happened before that, but the plot gets more complicated (it's a really cool story) and they tell way too much of it through these little movies you watch.

Another big issue is human enemies. For some reason, the humans you fight are really, really dumb and easy to beat. The robots are much smarter. Hunting the robots is GREAT as you use tripwire traps, grenades and other tech like rope-launchers to tie up their legs. You can set up these traps and chase or make them follow you into them with help from the terrain.

Of course, there's a suspension of disbelief where you are a teenaged cave-woman who can make arrows while running and shoot giant angry robots with a bow to kill them. And climbing rocks and such isn't very well done. Lots of jumping around to see where you CAN jump to. Plus, some of the dialog was… not great. Plenty of staring at almost—ALMOST—human looking faces put it into the Uncanny Valley. The more games I play, the more I appreciate art direction that doesn't try to look photo-real with human models.

Really looking forward to the sequel. Even though I'm pointing out the negatives here, the game was mostly great. And drop-dead gorgeous, even on a PS4. The jungle areas, and the vast deserts with mesas and red rock formations were beautiful. They had a DLC which was all ice and snow, and let me just say: I'm sick and tired of ice and snow in games. So I never played it. The sequel will hopefully have those minor issues I brought up fixed.

ALSO: there's some choices you make during the game. And you can kill enemies in all sorts of different ways. And it's pretty free-roam, but I think parts of the world unlock as you progress. But I don't think of it as an RPG. It's an action game with a good story.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 19th, 2020, 22:56

Is it possible?

https://jackofallcontrollers.com/202…of-us-part-ii/

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

January 19th, 2020, 23:30
What's the point as part one was never released on the PC? It's also possible it might have to do with the new systems expected soon. Anyway it a small hope at least.

I'd rather see a port of Days Gone.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

January 20th, 2020, 02:24
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
What's the point as part one was never released on the PC? It's also possible it might have to do with the new systems expected soon. Anyway it a small hope at least.

I'd rather see a port of Days Gone.
I’m guessing if they plan to release the 2nd on pc they already plan to port the first.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them port all their exclusives. Many of them are excellent. They can start with demon souls and then bloodbourne.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 20th, 2020, 03:11
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I’m guessing if they plan to release the 2nd on pc they already plan to port the first.
Would be a dream come true if they did.

I agree about porting more Sony exclusives.

Wont mention the two games you wrote as I hate those games, but I can't deny they would probably sell well. Given the Dark Souls games sold a few million on the PC.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

+1:

January 20th, 2020, 14:28
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Is it possible?
It is. Square Enix added PConly technologies inside FF15 port that's visual marvel in 60FPS - they needed people with knowledge about stuff that doesn't exist on Jaguar architecture. Luckily they already had some at Crystal Dynamics.
I seriously doubt Sony wants to troll PC audience with half-arsed ports that's why I say it's possible. Here's hope that beside CPU/GPU staff, they'll also hire someone who's familiar with controls "standards" (wasd=movement, m=map, j=journal, i=inventory, … backspace for anything=:thumbdown: on steam reviews because it's an atrocity).
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
H:ZD is a really good game with some problems.
Rarely any game has no problems. The thing is, if you don't have a console, if you don't want to buy a console, if you'd rather die than do it… And you catch a gold fish that'll has specific power to grant you 3 and only 3 port-2-PC games.
Which 3 would you pick to see on PC? Would one of those be HZD? As I said, if you never touched a console in your life.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

January 20th, 2020, 15:05
Another big issue is human enemies. For some reason, the humans you fight are really, really dumb and easy to beat. The robots are much smarter. Hunting the robots is GREAT as you use tripwire traps, grenades and other tech like rope-launchers to tie up their legs. You can set up these traps and chase or make them follow you into them with help from the terrain.
I agree the human enemies aren't that great to fight against. I certainly can say there is no difference between fighting one given bandit camp and another, you can virtually use the same tactics to fighting all of them. At least the human enemies aren't the majority of combat. The real meat is fighting the machines: every robot requires a specific tactics, they have different abilities, resistances, weaknesses and forms of attacks.

Of course, there's a suspension of disbelief where you are a teenaged cave-woman who can make arrows while running and shoot giant angry robots with a bow to kill them.
Crafting is really a simplified feature here but, as I replied to JDR13 in the H:ZD review thread, I think it works better that way because it would be really a pain in the ass if we had to return to e.g. a workbench in order to craft more arrows EVERY SNGLE TIME we ran out of them. Because we too often run out of ammo in the middle of the combat (at least I did).
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2020, 03:39
Some Fans Are Mad That Sony is Releasing First Party PlayStation Exclusives On PC

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

January 22nd, 2020, 10:26
People always find a reason to whine.

Some Fans Are Mad That Sony is Releasing First Party PlayStation Exclusives On PC

loading…

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2020, 15:45
As usual, some people's logic is beyond my understanding.
PS4 is already a zombie, PS5 is coming soon, it makes no sense that PS4 exclusives remain locked for future players.
Especially exclusives that have a potential to amaze the audience even more when played in constant 60 frames per second and different blur disabled.

Or maybe these "fans" are scared HZD will win goty on PC after they undermined it by voting for ubisoft towers cooking sim with breakable everything?
https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/com…2_goty_awards/
https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/com…_game_not_win/
Now that is something I can understand. They want to hide their shame.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2020, 21:10
Well, I haven't been excited by any news of the launch titles for PS5 so far. Or for the Xbox, either. I doubt I'll get a PS5 until Spring of 2021 unless something new pops up. And that's if they really do hit Holiday 2020 for launch… though they will probably move heaven and earth do make it happen. I think I waited to get the PS4 until Bloodborne came out, which I think was March. Before that? There were zero PS4 titles I was interested in. Many of those launch titles will be playable PS5 & 4, and the really meaty stuff won't be available right at launch.

And not every PS owner buys the new version on launch day. That leaves the PS4 with an entire 1-2 more years. It's better to wait and see if the launch brings lemons or massive bugs and problems anyway.

I'll restate: I've switched to consoles exclusively because of wrist and arm issues from using a M&K so much for work. Plus: less hassle and more overall comfort. I still understand the appeal of PC gaming, but I've consciously and decidedly put those days behind me.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 24th, 2020, 03:08
Reason 1 for fans to be mad: "I bought a PS4 specifically to play this game. I could have just waited and saved a lot of money!"

Reason 2 for fans to be mad: "I was having fun rubbing my PC gamer friend's nose in the fact that he couldn't play this game!"

Can't say I feel for either one of them.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
+1:

March 10th, 2020, 17:36
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1…plete_Edition/
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

March 10th, 2020, 17:48
Awesome. I tried playing it on console, but it requires a lot of aiming. so no go for me. Glad I'll play it on pc with m&k.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Coming Out on PC