InXile Entertainment - Preparing for a Major Project - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » InXile Entertainment - Preparing for a Major Project

Default InXile Entertainment - Preparing for a Major Project

January 30th, 2020, 10:10
Wasteland 76?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: The Witcher III

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 10:29
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
In July 2017 (before InXile got taken over by Microsoft) they received a big cash injection of nearly 5 mil (Gumi VR) to start work on an multiplayer open world sandbox wasteland type game. This is just giving that project a name.
True but a team of 100+ employees would burn that 5 mil easily. Microsoft cash more them likely paid to complete it, and and if it's an online only game I have zero interest.
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Wasteland 76?
This is what I was afraid would happen when inXile was sold.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 10:33
"Weird negativity in this thread.

Personally, I liked Wasteland 2 and loved Tides of Numenara, not to mention a lot of the older RPGs that Fargo and other folks at InXile have worked on. I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce. Little to no reason to think it's going to be a shooter or anything like that. That's not their roots or anything they've worked on in the recent past."

You are literally the first one I saw who "loved" this pretentious mediocrity that is Numenera, unfortunately I have to tell you that you're a poop lover. I guess life can't continue without poop lovers like you, it's the chain of life…

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 10:38
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Weird negativity in this thread.

Personally, I liked Wasteland 2 and loved Tides of Numenara, not to mention a lot of the older RPGs that Fargo and other folks at InXile have worked on. I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce. Little to no reason to think it's going to be a shooter or anything like that. That's not their roots or anything they've worked on in the recent past.

"Fantasy is a solid bet but I reckon it could be a Strategy/RPG/Shooter type game."

What even is that? I can't think of a single game that could be called a strategy rpg shooter.
Numenera is so good that the sales have reached the basement, a huge achievement! It's so successful with millions of positive reviews on steam and now the devs are preparing to make a director's cut, a sequel and a threequel. But it's ok, don't feel guilty, it's ok to love poop some times.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 10:43
Originally Posted by DarkOzric View Post
You are literally the first one I saw who "loved" this pretentious mediocrity that is Numenera, unfortunately I have to tell you that you're a poop lover. I guess life can't continue without poop lovers like you, it's the chain of life…
First one you saw since 10 days ago at least…

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…34&postcount=5

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 11:04
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
First one you saw since 10 days ago at least…

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…34&postcount=5
[removed insult] best not to waste much time on him. Considering the game has mostly positive reviews and multiple people in that thread said they loved it (as you pointed out).
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.
Last edited by Eye; January 30th, 2020 at 11:51. Reason: Removed insult

bjon045

SasqWatch

+1:

January 30th, 2020, 11:07
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
True but a team of 100+ employees would burn that 5 mil easily. Microsoft cash more them likely paid to complete it, and and if it's an online only game I have zero interest.

This is what I was afraid would happen when inXile was sold.
When a company takes over another company they still have to meet all existing contracts or the legal boys need to sort things out. The 4.5 from Gumi was just one of the sources of funds as well.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

January 30th, 2020, 12:15
I supported on KS Wasteland 2, TToN and BT4. I tried to play but could not finish WL2 or TToN. I didn't even get enough willpower to install BT4.
I have zero faith that Inxile can produce a good game anymore. WL3 I have not supported, this time I decided to wait for finished product first.
And I cannot trust any of their future products.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 17:04
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
It appears Microsoft is buying up these mediocre game developer groups to launder dirty company money and they absolutely do NOT care at all about the kind of junk these lame developers produce.
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Microsoft has in the past put some good money into devs, if they get to do their thing with their resources then I think this is a good thing.
You both win the award for being correct.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 17:32
Surprised that Shadowrun didn't come up yet. That's the game Microsoft published in 2007. That one was a multiplayer shooter.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 17:45
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
I supported on KS Wasteland 2, TToN and BT4. I tried to play but could not finish WL2 or TToN. I didn't even get enough willpower to install BT4.
I have zero faith that Inxile can produce a good game anymore. WL3 I have not supported, this time I decided to wait for finished product first.
And I cannot trust any of their future products.
I really feel sorry for you, because you missed a lot. BT4 original release wasn't my thing, though.
@DarkOzric Welcome to my ignore list.
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 18:00
I've backed all their projects to date, and I'm eagerly awaiting the newest Wasteland, so I'm super keen on what they'll focus on next!! No, I've no guess at what that might be, but I'll be checking here for updates.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 30th, 2020, 21:51
Torment: Painkiller, that is.

Mrozie

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 01:08
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I've backed all their projects to date, and I'm eagerly awaiting the newest Wasteland, so I'm super keen on what they'll focus on next!! No, I've no guess at what that might be, but I'll be checking here for updates.
It's an online game so yeah enjoy. Just read the RPS article I quoted.

I'll post it again.
His desire for multiplayer action and more emergent gameplay will culminate in a “secret project” to be unveiled later this year, he tells me, which will combine inXile’s love for storytelling with the freedom of a multiplayer sandbox game such as DayZ or Rust. Those games often simulate the breakdown of a post-apocalyptic society perfectly, but have stories that are often just: “Here’s a rock, go,” he says.

“I’ve been completely fascinated by the emergent gameplay that comes from open-world systems, but yet we love storytelling, and so we want to explore how we might be able to merge those worlds,” he explains.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 01:13
Well, should it turn out to be some online nonsense game, that'll make the decision pretty easy for me!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 07:08
Originally Posted by DarkOzric View Post
Numenera is so good that the sales have reached the basement, a huge achievement! It's so successful with millions of positive reviews on steam and now the devs are preparing to make a director's cut, a sequel and a threequel. But it's ok, don't feel guilty, it's ok to love poop some times.
Uh huh.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

January 31st, 2020, 07:10
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus;1061594439
[MENTION=29393

DarkOzric[/MENTION] Welcome to my ignore list.
Oh yeah, good idea. I felt so little when I read his posts that I almost forgot I could do that.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

January 31st, 2020, 11:28
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It's an online game so yeah enjoy. Just read the RPS article I quoted.

I'll post it again.
Wasteland 4: Fortnite Edition.

Archangel

SasqWatch

January 31st, 2020, 12:46
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Wasteland 4: Fortnite Edition.
That line actually gave me chills. And not in the good way. While I would consider myself an inXile fanboy (I really enjoyed both WL2 and Torment, played through BT4 as well but would only consider that one ok) I'll
stop that habit if they move towards MP. Blasphemy I say.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » InXile Entertainment - Preparing for a Major Project