What games are you playing now? - Page 636 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

March 1st, 2020, 19:13
I lost my save game for ELEX back when it came out .. then one thing led to another and I never restarted or finished the game. So installed this weekend and finding it more polished and enjoyable. So currently playing that, along with another run through of Pathfinder … and of course my staples Skyrim and FO4.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

March 2nd, 2020, 19:31
Decided to start a new character for Warlords of New York

StintDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 14:26
Kingdom Come Deliverance

quite good, trying to avoid combat as much as possible since its atrocious (or at least it is now when im a weakling hehe); all those "realism" features become boring at some point and some are not realistic at all (how the fuck does a trader know if 1 of my 2 apples is stolen lol) but it has atmosphere
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

March 4th, 2020, 14:49
KCD walkthrough:

1. Follow the main story till the moment you get your own horse, then start lollygagging. No, not the temporary horse.

2. When a combat trainer unlocks, ignore everything you're currently doing and train some combat. Note that longswords (training or actual fighting) up your strength too, while shortswords improve your agility.

3. Stop stealing apples! Steal only 500+ worth stuff. Unless you're trying to maximize pickpocketing, but in such case drop asap all the cheap rubbish from your inventory.

4. Always use speech check in dialogues, even if it'll lead (currently) to failure.

5. Dark (black) rags > shiny and overpowered deadly armor of doom

6. When trying to convince a priest, make sure you fail the dialogue then go meet the priest at the inn.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 15:22
So I finaly had some time to start a playthrough of Kingmaker.

I spent 2 hours on the character creation, finished the tutorial and… restasted a new game. Lol.

The general feeling I got is: it's like home.
I can't believe I've waited so long to play that game. It's superb!
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.

Winterfart

Passenger

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 15:31
FFXV wherein the leader of a kingdom at war takes a camping holiday to hone his fishing skills. Are all the Final Fantasy games this surreal?
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 15:45
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post

Any thoughts about it's timers?
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
FFXV wherein the leader of a kingdom at war takes a camping holiday to hone his fishing skills. Are all the Final Fantasy games this surreal?
Those I've played, all have surreal parts, more or less.
Sadly, there are also idiotic (trash) parts, for example anything chocobo related.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 4th, 2020, 15:48

I spent 2 hours on the character creation, finished the tutorial and… restasted a new game. Lol.

The general feeling I got is: it's like home.
Grats! Best RPG I've played since BG. It gets better all throughout, in my opinion; it always has you learning something new about the game. Very expansive in scope, very gratifying.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 16:00
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Any thoughts about it's timers?
Too soon to have an opinion, but I generally don't dislike them too much.
I don't know how to put it, really, except they helped make me feel the micro universe I'm evolving in really exists..?

Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Grats! Best RPG I've played since BG. It gets better all throughout, in my opinion; it always has you learning something new about the game. Very expansive in scope, very gratifying.
Are the DLC good?
--

Winterfart

Passenger

March 4th, 2020, 16:09
Are the DLC good?
Two are mediocre and the third one is rng rubbish. Not even close to the vanilla game quality, feel as if were outsourced to some amateurs.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 4th, 2020, 16:23
Are the DLC good?
The Tiefling DLC adds a worthwhile companion/quest to the game as well as the kineticist class… which is REALLY WEIRD! It's powerful but plays very differently from other classes.

Beneath the Stolen Lands is a LOT of fun - but I am a big fan of dungeon crawls. The game limits you to exploring only one section at a time per game chapter so as to both limit your leveling and allow the dungeon to throw big, non-scaled nasties at you later on. Should you play it in Rogue-like mode, I recommend you do so *after* completing the main campaign so as not to spoil yourself with a lot of the unique items it sprinkles within. Really good for testing different character builds.

Varnhold's Lot
I have yet to play, plan to do so on my second playthrough.

Whether or not you buy these, be sure to opt into the free Arcane Unleashed DLC as it adds quite a few spells for your more studious characters.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 16:52
The Tiefling DLC adds a worthwhile companion/quest to the game (…)
Wait, you mean the fire mage encountered during the tuto? I have to pay to unlock her?
I will never buy that DLC

(…) as well as the kineticist class… which is REALLY WEIRD! It's powerful but plays very differently from other classes.
I'm gonna buy that DLC immediatly
--

Winterfart

Passenger

March 4th, 2020, 16:52
I played Legends of Amberland when the dev came in and promoted his project. It is a Might and Magic re-imagining, with MM3 being the primary motivation it seems. It looks absolutely horrible on a modern monitor, but the game has a certain nostalgia feel about it that kept me going for several hours.

So 7 member party with 3 frontliners, 2 flankers, and 2 support in back. There are some interesting class/race mixes and the whole creation setup is satisfying. Early game is massively fun and will remind you of the games of yore.

Where the game starts to fail is in the mid-game and on. Each melee class has a whole ONE special attack they use daily. Once that is used all other combats consist of pressing ONE key for melee combat. That's it.

Classes that mix melee and magic have many more options but still ONE special attack a day. Other than the ONE, you get to pick whether you want to do cold, fire, electric, etc. However, as far as I can tell, monsters have no specific weaknesses in general. A fire dragon may be somewhat immune to fire, but 99% of monsters just have hit points and AC and it doesn't matter which spell you use.

Also, armor and weapons are much more streamlined than even mm3. I'd say there might be 300 different items in the whole game compared to a nearly limitless number in Might and Magic games. Remember all the adjectives when finding a weapon in MM3 and the constant switching of weapons and armor? This is severely restricted in LoA and I couldn't figure out why. It's like the developer got bored and said "good enough" after an hour or two of making items.

By level 20, which is midway roughly, I had used the same gear for hours. There is a half-assed effort to add crystals as a special treasure resource and a quarter-assed effort to make some special attribute potions, but this was very poorly done.

Okay, would I buy it again? Yes, but probably at a 50% sale as the game only felt half done compared to MM3. If the Developer continues to work on this game, I'd say he should really focus hard on mid-late game gear and making it epic. I must have found 3000 fire resist items and almost no new weapons/armor past level 15.

One final note: This was a very fun game in the early sections. It just needs fleshing out. I would love to see an Amberland II where the dev massively expands all the concepts of the first game and implements way more of the stuff from MM3. Magic Wells, Statues, map skils like mountaineering, mild puzzle dungeons, hundreds more adjectives for loot, et al.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
Last edited by crpgnut; March 4th, 2020 at 17:04.

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

March 4th, 2020, 17:06
Once I got bored of LoA above, I installed MM6. Playing that now. Probably don't need to describe that game I don't use the Shrine of the Gods/NWC headquarters exploit. I like to play it straight.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

March 15th, 2020, 01:14
I just finished a PS4 Return to Arkham playthrough of Batman: Arkham Asylum. In essentially one sitting.

It's still the best Batman game ever made, hands down.

I've also been playing through Tales of Berseria on the PS4. Like every other Tales game I've played, it's fun, fast paced, but a bit on the easy side. It's a hell of a lot darker than the other Tales games I've played though. Outside of replaying Arkham Asylum today, it's pretty much been holding all my gaming attention for the past few weeks.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to azraelck

March 15th, 2020, 03:14
Yakuza, Yakuza and more Yakuza. Really into the series now. I finished 0 last month, played through Kiwami 1, and now am in the middle of Kiwami 2.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 16th, 2020, 22:03
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Yakuza, Yakuza and more Yakuza. Really into the series now. I finished 0 last month, played through Kiwami 1, and now am in the middle of Kiwami 2.
What do you think about the turn-based combats for the next one?
--

Winterfart

Passenger

March 17th, 2020, 03:41
What do you think about the turn-based combats for the next one?
I don't know! It's a very interesting choice, that's for sure. I'm open-minded about it. I've watched a tiny bit of gameplay and there's more constant movement than I'd expect from turn-based…. not sure how it works. I'll probably play 3-6 and Judgement before I play 7, so I'll have plenty of time to hear how well it's going over.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 17th, 2020, 14:08
I actually never play any Yakuza games, always wanted to do the all saga but the time investment seems too great.
Yakuza 7 look like a departure from the saga (new characters) so I was thinking of starting with this one, but I too am not sure about the turn based combats.
I kind of liked the idea of a playing a "narrative beat'em up"…
--

Winterfart

Passenger

March 23rd, 2020, 20:01
The last Yakuza is not available on PC.
It's new MC, and the game is now turnbased.

Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are not available on PC either.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?