The Outer Worlds - Writing the Characters & Companions - Documentary - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds - Writing the Characters & Companions - Documentary

Default The Outer Worlds - Writing the Characters & Companions - Documentary

April 16th, 2020, 03:57
The second part of the Noclip documentary about The Outer Worlds focuses on the process behind the characters & companions.

loading…

In the second video exploring the design of The Outer Worlds, we sit down with the writing team to explore the process of writing NPC's, quest givers and companions.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

April 16th, 2020, 21:59
It'd be cool if this were out on Steam right now. But it's not.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

April 17th, 2020, 02:57
I enjoyed The Outer Worlds, but it wasn't great in my view. I also enjoyed the characters as that aspect of the game was one of its strengths.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 17th, 2020, 03:18
Originally Posted by NFLed View Post
I enjoyed The Outer Worlds, but it wasn't great in my view. I also enjoyed the characters as that aspect of the game was one of its strengths.
Same here. It was good but not great. It had the potential to be a lot better imo, but Obsidian did a poor job with the difficulty curve and especially the loot.

As far as the characters, I thought they were a mixed bag. I liked Parvati and Max but didn't care much for the doctor or the kid.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 17th, 2020, 06:17
Sad to say this is yet another game I haven't finished yet. Damn house fire.

Also still waiting for the promised Dlc? Any info yet?
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

April 17th, 2020, 07:28
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Also still waiting for the promised Dlc? Any info yet?
I wish. There was a patch a few weeks back, but it was mostly bug fixes - was hoping for at least an overhauled Supernova difficulty.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

April 17th, 2020, 09:07
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Same here. It was good but not great. It had the potential to be a lot better imo, but Obsidian did a poor job with the difficulty curve and especially the loot.

As far as the characters, I thought they were a mixed bag. I liked Parvati and Max but didn't care much for the doctor or the kid.
Agreed, the loot was by far my biggest gripe. I enjoyed the story and the characters, and the combat was decent as well, even though I had to raise the difficulty to find it fun. Something that I don't usually do in these kind of games.

I really don't get the trend of applying levelled loot in RPG'outside the action (Diablo) genre, it feels like something that belongs only in those type of games and mobile P2W trash. Games I don't play. TOW wasn't as bad as DOS2 in that regard, but bad enough. Although if I think about it I guess many old games I really enjoyed like the MM's had kind of the same thing. Perhaps it was better implemented, or perhaps my taste has just shifted.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds - Writing the Characters & Companions - Documentary