The TV Series discussion thread - Page 257 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The TV Series discussion thread

Default The TV Series discussion thread

April 20th, 2020, 13:15
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Is that in regard to my reply? Or to what's gonna happen?
Am I gonna be disappointed?
I'll just say that I wasn't very happy with MacLachlan's role(s) in Season 3. I won't say anything more until after you've seen the rest.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 20th, 2020, 18:36
Holy shit Episode 8. What the f. did I just watch? Lynch is, … I don't know man. Not sure if I was more disturbed or fascinated.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

April 21st, 2020, 16:48
Better Call Saul wrapper up a stellar series. The next one is likely going to be even better!!

All the recent deaths would make any new iterations of Twin Peaks problematic, I think. It will be intriguing to see what Lynch/Frost do, if anything. There are also some decent fan interpretation films worth checking out.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

April 21st, 2020, 18:39
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Better Call Saul wrapper up a stellar series. The next one is likely going to be even better!!
I keep hearing pretty much universal acclaim for it. And I understand the next season is the final one? Great, I'll then be able to binge both BCS and BB.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

April 22nd, 2020, 00:33
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I've been watching a ton of cartoons lately. Mostly catching up on missed seasons.

South Park
American Dad
Family Guy
Simpsons
Me too but not those.

Someone told me about the Amazing Adventures of Gumball so I have been watching more of that but what came as a surprise cartoon watch was Teen Titans Go. They basically dumbed down the animation of the prior iteration of Teen Titans (ran 5 seasons) and made it hilarious instead of serious super hero action. It weirdly has the same accomplished voice actors.

To give an example of the type of show it is, one Episode called Teen Titans Roar is about the Titans kicking it in their club house (Tower), sitting on the couch and waiting to watch the new version of Thunder Cats Roar.(a real new show) The show comes on and they see that the animation is totally dumbed down and its ludicrous not serious. So they get mad and decided to start a petition to get rid of the show and make Warner Brothers do the show over the right way. They figure 100 signatures should do it.

They also recently had a movie (Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go)where they had to battle the prior version of them selves. One of the main antagonist was Mrs. Claus.

Cartoon network runs Teen Titans Go just about every day in about 3, 2 hours stints. Each show is 30 minutes and contains two episodes. There are a ton of commercials but they take me back to my younger days of toys and candy and not pharma and insurance companies.

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 22nd, 2020, 23:09
I started watching Tales from the Loop on amazon prime.
It's start is a bit slow. Its about a town with a mysterious artefact and strange things happening. The first episode wasn't bad and I'm halfway through the second one. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where its going with it but I'm not too optimistic for now…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

April 22nd, 2020, 23:55
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
It's start is a bit slow. Its about a town with a mysterious artefact and strange things happening. The first episode wasn't bad and I'm halfway through the second one. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where its going with it but I'm not too optimistic for now

Saw that in the queue last night, it's next on my list. Supposed to be based on some fantasy painter artist guy dude's paintings . . . . I'll couple that viewing with the documentary about the Rainman like Women twins. Who remember everything. The plot synopsis ends like this: You will never forget them and they will never forget you.

Amazon has a bunch of new(2016 forward) Twilight Zone like anthologies. Plus they have the old ones like Ray Bradbury theater and outer limits. Most of the new ones really are not that good so I just search the episode description and go from there. Tales from the loop looked to have about 3 really good episodes and two interesting episodes and the remaining three look questionable, but . . . I'm in.

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 27th, 2020, 22:48
It's start is a bit slow. Its about a town with a mysterious artefact and strange things happening. The first episode wasn't bad and I'm halfway through the second one. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where its going with it but I'm not too optimistic for now

Im very fond of the paintings but they feel very rooted in a late 70s early 80s sweden
https://www.simonstalenhag.se/

So Im quite wary of a tv-series built upon them set in middle america

mprod

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 27th, 2020, 22:54
Lately Ive been completely sucked in by the different lego master shows
They are in a reality format that i abhor they try to inject stupid cheap reality show excitement still I really like to watch fantastic lego builds

If anyone would like to give it a try I would recommend the australian version as the least grating

mprod

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 08:48
Originally Posted by mprod View Post
Im very fond of the paintings but they feel very rooted in a late 70s early 80s sweden

https://www.simonstalenhag.se/

So Im quite wary of a tv-series built upon them set in middle america
I've been watching very slowly and only just finished episode 2. Baby duties are keeping me from watching as I would normally (and gaming).

The first episode was very interesting. I think the second one was very predictable.
The show is very slow for now.

I'll give it a few more. Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

April 28th, 2020, 23:03
I've got 2 more episodes and I'll have finished Season 3 of Twin Peaks. The whole Cooper spiel has really grown on me. Also, the season still manages to give me plenty of "what-the-fuck-did-I-just-see" moments. It's got weirdness galore. I don't really expect to come up with a plausible explanation at the end. And maybe that's for the best. Twin Peaks is more meant to be experienced than explained. I still like it a lot.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

April 29th, 2020, 01:53
Watched the second episode of Killing Eve this week. It seems a bit stranger and less structured this year. Nowhere near as strange as Legion, but a bit odd at times.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

April 29th, 2020, 01:54
Holy f-ing shit what an ending to S3 of Twin Peaks. I'm sure if Lynch was fucking with me, but that was one of the most weird final episodes of any series I've seen. Either non-sensical, or just mind-bending. I'm not even sure what questions to ask.

Spoiler

Like I said, what the actual fuck. Man, Lynch is just bonkers. In a good way.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

April 29th, 2020, 03:10
Couldn’t sleep from the finale, so I started reading some fan theories. Just Christ I missed a lot. It’s actually fantastic how obtuse and ripe for exploration it is. I constantly feel like it’s breaking my brain.

I hope they do a season 4. I never want it to end

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

April 29th, 2020, 11:23
I've been watching very slowly and only just finished episode 2. Baby duties are keeping me from watching as I would normally (and gaming).

The first episode was very interesting. I think the second one was very predictable.
The show is very slow for now.
I watched the first two episodes last night and liked them a lot. I actually found the first episode more predictable than the second, but I thought they were both good. It's not at all what I was expecting so far.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 29th, 2020, 16:38
Finished watching Ragnorak, Norwegian language tv series about a teenager who turns out to be an embodiment of Thor. I quite like it - of course with sub-titles you don't get everything but I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Also watched Penny Dreadful: City of Angels….I don't find it as engrossing as the original series, but only one episode so far.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

April 30th, 2020, 20:46
Lynch despised the fact that the network wanted Laura out of the show as Frost and Lynch really wanted to go in a different direction early in the story. So it was no surprise to me that he found a way to bring her back, and at the some retconned a bunch of stuff that he was less than happy with. Again, I'm praying with all my soul that we get another series at some point, as I think there's still lots to explore in the fabulous world of Twin Peaks.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

May 10th, 2020, 13:56
Westworld S3

Not really sure what to think of it. I'm leaning towards it being a messy and silly spectacle with amazing production values. I hope against hope that it's smarter than it seems.

Bosch

Watched most of this, and it's really good. One of the best crime drama series out there.

GlimpseDart

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 10th, 2020, 15:40
Originally Posted by GlimpseDart View Post
Bosch

Watched most of this, and it's really good. One of the best crime drama series out there.
I think I saw the first 2-3 season of this, and liked it a lot. Very noir. Also the lead guy is great as Bosch.

Not sure why I dropped off after those.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

May 10th, 2020, 16:47
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
I think I saw the first 2-3 season of this, and liked it a lot. Very noir. Also the lead guy is great as Bosch.

Not sure why I dropped off after those.
It does get a little one-note. I'm in the final season now, and I'm not as engaged as I was during the first 2-3 seasons.

It's not a drop in quality - it's just that it's very much the same sort of thing without much spice added.

As much as I like Bosch - he really doesn't have more than one face and one attitude to him. That gets old eventually.

The show is also coming up short in the memorable characters department. I really can't think of a character I really love.

His partner is perhaps the one I like the most, but even he is a little underwhelming overall.

GlimpseDart

Mentioned: Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The TV Series discussion thread