The Fellowship Saga - Announcement - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Fellowship Saga - Announcement

Default The Fellowship Saga - Announcement

May 10th, 2020, 12:29
Turn Based Blobber with decent graphics using 5th edition D&D rules? Fuck yea!
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#21

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

May 10th, 2020, 17:43
Added to my watchlist. At least they have the ol' goblin deathrattle implemented well (at 4:00).
Arkayne is offline

Arkayne

Traveler

#22

Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

May 10th, 2020, 18:37
Am I the only one who expected something Tolkien here?

GlimpseDart

Guest

#23

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

Default 

May 12th, 2020, 08:54
Very meh
DarkOzric is offline

DarkOzric

DarkOzric's Avatar
Cosmic Wanderer

#24

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2020, 11:25
Originally Posted by GlimpseDart View Post
Am I the only one who expected something Tolkien here?
At least two people expected something Tolkien.

a pibbur who likes mathematical approaches.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher
a pibbur is offline

a pibbur

a pibbur's Avatar
Feeling … lonely?

#25

Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

May 13th, 2020, 05:34
A first person turn based blobber, hmm that's cool, but it would cohere better if you could at least see the other party members around you as you select each character. This is a disjointed way to present a first person perspective. It could at least flip from each character to the next as you select them instead this seamless character transfer seems jarring.
In the melee combat we can see a bit of the weakness of 5th edition melee combat mechanics, there are not many options for fighters, barbarians and rangers, especially on the lower levels, a lot of repetitive same actions. The fighter's options of weapon master with maneuvers is the one good exception. The Eldritch Knight has more options but is not a really good overall class.
Tactician is offline

Tactician

Watcher

#26

Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

May 13th, 2020, 09:39
Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
A first person turn based blobber, hmm that's cool, but it would cohere better if you could at least see the other party members around you as you select each character. This is a disjointed way to present a first person perspective. It could at least flip from each character to the next as you select them instead this seamless character transfer seems jarring.
In the melee combat we can see a bit of the weakness of 5th edition melee combat mechanics, there are not many options for fighters, barbarians and rangers, especially on the lower levels, a lot of repetitive same actions. The fighter's options of weapon master with maneuvers is the one good exception. The Eldritch Knight has more options but is not a really good overall class.
Blobber means everyone has same eyes. And not having lots of options for low level fighters is just how blobbers of old worked
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#27

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

May 13th, 2020, 21:15
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Blobber means everyone has same eyes. And not having lots of options for low level fighters is just how blobbers of old worked
Yeah just thinking about 5th edition's simplified rules compared to 3.5, especially for melee combat classes, it has very few options.
-There's no moves like grapple, trip, bull rush written.
-There's usually no cool melee feats taken by characters like Cleave, Mobility, Dodge, Spring attack, Whirlwind attack, Parry, etc. because taking an ability score increase instead of a feat is usually the best choice.
-There's no Attacks of opportunity nor tumble

So most melee fighters(no weapon master), barbarians and rangers end up just doing the same singular basic attack on and on, gets real repetitive.

Being a party based game alleviates the repetition, though I hope the developers get some new ideas to make it more interesting for melee classes.
Tactician is offline

Tactician

Watcher

#28

Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Fellowship Saga - Announcement
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:48.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch