Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Renderer Scrapped - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Renderer Scrapped

Default Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Renderer Scrapped

May 28th, 2020, 23:34
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
This is outrageous! I've bought NWN in so many iterations, that I really waited very long before gave Beamdog my money, but when they showed the first graphical enhancements i caved a bought it.

And now? Scrapped? Are they serious? To think that I reported a bug a month ago and noone ever got back to me is tough, but buying the game for actually naught - is terrible. So sad.
Here's an example of the new lighting system. Its available now in preview and will be in the next patch.

loading…


niv said their mistake was to call it a new renderer in the first place and make a roadmap for it. Incremental improvements went largely unnoticed because of it.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Lucky Day is offline

Lucky Day

Lucky Day's Avatar
Daywatch

#21

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Uncanny Valley
Posts: 5,112
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 01:51
Have said it before - people who claim BD have released the EE "and done nothing more" don't know what the hell they're talking about. Do a bit a fact checking before spouting obviously uninformed and opinionated BS.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner
KaosWarMonk is offline

KaosWarMonk

KaosWarMonk's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#22

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 03:56
@Lucky Day thanks for the update on that mod. Glad it's still in development.
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
Have said it before - people who claim BD have released the EE "and done nothing more" don't know what the hell they're talking about. Do a bit a fact checking before spouting obviously uninformed and opinionated BS.
I agree somewhat with you but my beef is with the failed RPG projects, and the move to go online only in future games. They seriously need more funding AKA a publisher.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 29th, 2020 at 04:14.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Dreg of Society

#23

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Spudland
Posts: 22,567
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 04:08
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
Have said it before - people who claim BD have released the EE "and done nothing more" don't know what the hell they're talking about. Do a bit a fact checking before spouting obviously uninformed and opinionated BS.
Every two bit huckster who's ever lived has had at least a few willing leg humpers.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

#24

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 05:36
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
@Lucky Day thanks for the update on that mod. Glad it's still in development.
I agree somewhat with you but my beef is with the failed RPG projects, and the move to go online only in future games. They seriously need more funding AKA a publisher.
I agree wrt BD's business direction and promising more than they seem to be able to deliver. As you can see I disagree with people opinionating that they haven't further developed the EE version since release. x64 executable, opening up all the hardcoded classes, spells, feats to allow expansion and modification, bringing back the long dead server browser, automating distribution of the PW and module assets, steam workshop integration for single click mod installs etc etc etc. The patch notes go on for pages and pages.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner
KaosWarMonk is offline

KaosWarMonk

KaosWarMonk's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#25

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 05:38
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Every two bit huckster who's ever lived has had at least a few willing leg humpers.
Yes, switch to attacking the poster and not the topic. A familiar SOP.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner
KaosWarMonk is offline

KaosWarMonk

KaosWarMonk's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#26

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 06:10
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
Yes, switch to attacking the poster and not the topic. A familiar SOP.
Your entire topic was how people who say that Beamdog hasn't done much don't know anything and are full of shit. In other words, attacking the posters.

Another familiar SOP: acting like a victim and pretending not to have done something one did only moments before, the evidence of which is on the same page as said claim of victimhood.
JFarrell71 is offline

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

#27

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 07:35
People forget that Beamdog was started by former members of Bioware, so they're not just taking other people's work and profiting from it.

Trent Oster was one of the original creators of NWN, and Cameron Tofer was a programmer for Baldur's Gate and BGII.

That said, I can understand some people being underwhelmed with their EE releases. They're not overly impressive. I still like that they did them though simply for the fact that it created even more fans for those games.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#28

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 27,316
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

Default 

May 29th, 2020, 11:47
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
Here's an example of the new lighting system. Its available now in preview and will be in the next patch.

loading…


niv said their mistake was to call it a new renderer in the first place and make a roadmap for it. Incremental improvements went largely unnoticed because of it.
It suffers from "everything must be shiny and reflective" syndrome; look at those cave walls. Otherwise, it's ok.
Ivanwah is offline

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

#29

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 697
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Renderer Scrapped
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:15.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch