Ghost of a Tale - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Ghost of a Tale has released on Steam and GOG to a very positive reception after five years in the making.

About This Game

Ghost of a Tale is an action-RPG game in which you play as Tilo, a mouse and minstrel caught up in a perilous adventure. The game takes place in a medieval world populated only by animals, and puts an emphasis on immersion and exploration. It features stealth elements, disguises, conversations with allies and enemies, and quests.

You’ll be able to explore the secrets of Dwindling Heights Keep and navigate its dangers. Tilo is not much of a fighter, so stealth and nimbleness are your allies when confronted with enemies twice your size. Talk to the characters you meet and leave no stone unturned in your quest to find Merra, your true love….

About the team:

Ghost of a tale is developed by a very small team. Lionel "Seith" Gallat does 90% of the art, design and coding. Paul Gardner is the game's writer and an experienced game designer. Cyrille Paulhiac does coding and develops tools. Jeremiah Pena is the game's composer, while Nicolas Titeux is responsible for sound design.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I was not sure this day would come.

Congrats on the release!

It looks absolutely gorgeous and I will have to get this one!

A game about mice will also appear on mushroom platforms… I adore these unintentional trolls. It'd be a sin not to buy it. :)

Trolls and mice?? If they battle, it really doesn't sound like a fair fight. Unless the mice are like, supreme ninjas or such.

Not sure if this game would be for me, I'll see what others say about it first.

Man, people are positively gushing about this on Steam. I guess it deserves a closer look... and it is always cool to see really good games coming from such small teams. It's why - in part - I don't care much what goes on in the triple A company world anymore.

Totally agree with SSI, these indies are just leaving the big companies far behind in product quality these days. The new people to watch and admire are those that have the best creativity and vision, and for that it seems the smaller companies are doing just fine these days.

This is one of those rare examples of a crowdfunded video game that turned out better than expected. Hopefully it becomes a success and funds future endeavors.

This isn't a game I'd necessarily play but I'd love to watch someone else play it. Looks stunning.

Hey Folks,

If any of you have played this game, could you please tell me if forward movement can be mapped to the left mouse button?

I have a hand injury that makes it impossible for me to use WASD.

Cheers.

As a next new title it is.
It's just I'm still on FF15 slogging through numerous stupid contracts that send me back to already cleared dungeons. Bloody backtracking grinder. I believe last 20 hours I'm doing those contracts only and I still haven't reached the end of them.
Even FF13 which I hated so much I've nvever finished it didn't have this timewaste by repeating walksim to a location then redo a dungeon idiocy.

This does look pretty but no melee combat is a huge minus for me. Not sure it’s something I can overlook. Will pass for now but keep an eye on it.

This is one of those rare examples of a crowdfunded video game that turned out better than expected. Hopefully it becomes a success and funds future endeavors.
@ChienAboyeur;

As a next new title it is.
It's just I'm still on FF15 slogging through numerous stupid contracts that send me back to already cleared dungeons. Bloody backtracking grinder. I believe last 20 hours I'm doing those contracts only and I still haven't reached the end of them.
Even FF13 which I hated so much I've nvever finished it didn't have this timewaste by repeating walksim to a location then redo a dungeon idiocy.

Why are you still playing FF15????

This does look pretty but no melee combat is a huge minus for me. Not sure it’s something I can overlook. Will pass for now but keep an eye on it.

I knew from day one that it would be rather an adventure than a combat game.

I wish there were far more combat games turned into adventures - just for the sake of story (their problem if the designers can't come up with a good story).

Back
Top Bottom