Silver - Retrospective Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
StefaNonsense looks back at the action RPG Silver:

Silver - The Forgotten Title's Forgotten Title | Is it a classic? (PC & Dreamcast)

Silver is an action RPG released in 1999 by Infogrames, at first on the PC and a year later on the Dreamcast. I tried to play Silver for several years during the first half of the 2000s, but only managed to play it in short bits and pieces, here and there, and unfortunately, once I would get a time-appropriate PC during the winter of 2004, Silver was very quickly replaced by me wishing to play as many recent titles as possibles. So now that I've been looking back at older games, I think it's time to finally play Silver and ask myself...Is it a classic?
More information.

Haven't played this game in while.:(

All I remember was you have to save your bride.

Thanks for posting this.:thumbsup:

Never played this, but I remember it from store shelves. The early 2000's was a great time for RPGs - so many offerings!

Played through a few areas when it came out but I wasn't overly impressed, either by the gameplay or the ugly turn of the century 3d graphics, can't really remember. Either way Baldur's gate was consuming most of my time in those years.

It's a pretty bad game. Calling it a classic is a joke. The combat sucks, the systems are shallow. If it was released today, people would consider it garbage, but they have nostalgia because they played it as a kid, which is why some people like it.

The Covid 19 situation really is fucking with people's minds.

It was fun game 20 years ago, but got distracted by better games at the times and never finished it.

Back
Top Bottom