Realms Beyond - Combat Beta released

Seems development has stalled due to finding a publisher and the pandemic.:(

Attachments

• Discord.png
    Discord.png
    150 KB · Views: 64
I was more excited for Realms Beyond than Solasta. I think they have flip flopped and I don't like what I'm hearing about Realms.

I was more excited for Realms Beyond than Solasta. I think they have flip flopped and I don't like what I'm hearing about Realms.
Me to as it looks like funds have run out that's why they need a publisher. Seems the developer and the IP is cursed. At this would be the second time it might fail.

I lost confidence in this bunch a while back. I think they bit off more than they could chew, and several things were sketchy.

TBH, I find blaming the pandemic a bit cynical. If they're out of cash and can't interest a publisher, I don't think that's down to having to pitch games remotely, which is pretty much what everyone is doing.

The pandemic could have just been the final nail for the game's coffin.

I lost confidence in this bunch a while back. I think they bit off more than they could chew, and several things were sketchy.

TBH, I find blaming the pandemic a bit cynical. If they're out of cash and can't interest a publisher, I don't think that's down to having to pitch games remotely, which is pretty much what everyone is doing.
I think since they did a Kickstarter for the game, they shouldn't have planned on needing to rely on a publisher…

Then again, the comments that Couch linked don't necessarily indicate that the project is dead if they don't get a publisher. Sounds to me like development will just continue to go slowly if they don't.

Well they might need to make money another way then if they don't find a publisher soon. Either another crowdfunding drive, loan, or some other type of investment.

As development has been stalled for months since the combat beta was released. They haven't posted a update in that time as well. Just these short discord chats.

Well, they need money to live from as well. I really hope they can survive this economic depression. Because I'm so much looking forward to the game.

Yeah, I was pretty interested at one point, but I've sort of forgotten about it with so many other games on the horizon.

They need to do something to reignite people's interest. I'd really like to see them release a playable demo.

Back
Top Bottom