Bethesda Softworks - A Note to Our Fans

Yet they are still following the recent MMO fashion … With MMO = DRM as the subtext

If even Bethesda is fpollowing that fashion, I'm convinced now that offline SP games are beginning to die out …

By the way, it's quite a while since they did their last true SP only game … apart from that grey-looking Skyrim …

Unless developers are really Indie, there's always going to be some sort of online component these days. Whether it be Skyrim/Fallout with the Creation Club, or Dragon Age with the Vault, playing Diablo 3 by yourself, or even streaming a purely SP game from the cloud. In regards to Single Player, I think the definition is if you're the only human player for gameplay AI.

With the above in mind, the last SP would have been Fallout 4 from Bethesda, and they've already stated that Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6 and the next Fallout would be SP.

If that's true, then the indies will be getting all of my future gaming spending. Right now, over the past two or three years, I'm pretty certain that they've already been getting most of my monies, as the big companies just seem to be producing terrible games that interest me not in the slightest.

and they've already stated that Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6 and the next Fallout would be SP.

I only believe it when I see it.

And yes, "some online component" = DRM, too.

So we are slowly trained to accept and love DRM. Oh wait, that already did happen with Steam ... The DRM nobody thinks of it's an DRM.

Back
Top Bottom