Breach - Action RPG announced @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Breach is an upcoming Action RPG from ex-Bioware devs:

Breach is an ambitious action-RPG from ex-BioWare devs, first trailer revealed

Exclusive: Breach promises RPG-like depth, an open class system, and third-person action mechanics.

Today, QC Games announces Breach, an action-RPG that straddles the boundaries between Diablo, Guild Wars 2, and Monster Hunter. Breach has been in development since 2015, and the principle members of QC previously spent time at EA building games like The Old Republic and BioWare's canceled Shadow Realms.

Breach takes place in a near-future mashup of high fantasy and cyberpunk tech, where the barriers between the arcane and the mundane are breaking down. Functionally, the game plays out in 15-minute sessions as an asymmetrical multiplayer dungeon crawler, where four players choose highly customizable classes and complete missions in a gauntlet riddled with mythological creatures.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

A pity that it is "an asymmetrical multiplayer dungeon crawler, where four players choose highly customizable classes (…)". The unorthodox classes could, potentially, make this game an interesdting single-player RPG.

So it's just a re-branded Shadow Realms basically. So nah I'll pass.:cool:

Last edited:
IMO tired of action rpg's,play through normal mode,then expert mode,then legendary mode, so on and so forth,So I will pass on this one….

Well negative on this one but another game from former Bioware developers called The Waylanders was also announced. It's a time traveling RTwP Rpg by Mike Laidlaw.

The Waylanders is a fantasy RPG from Spanish developer Gato Salvaje, and former Dragon Age creative director Mike Laidlaw is among the staff working on it. Above, you can get a first look at the game in pre-alpha form, narrated by Laidlaw.

The Waylanders has real-time combat with a tactical pause option, and it's inspired by a bunch of RPG favourites, like Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, which you'll probably note from the video. You can play it from a top-down view, or move the camera to third-person, and 12 changeable party formations let you experiment with combat tactics in the game. You'll be able to romance characters, too. In an interesting twist, however, you'll be able to time travel between two different periods.

You'll alternate between Celtic Brigantia, and the Middle Ages where Christianity has "supplanted" a lot of Celtic history. "The Waylanders takes inspiration from the Celtic Mythological Cycle, a rich tapestry that deals with Ireland but also the Celtic region of Brigantia on the north coast of modern-day Spain," the studio explains. Your player character is removed from the cycle of life and death, which allows you to swap between the two periods using magic.

I’m seeing both Breach and Waylander at Gamescom.

On the surface it seems yuck. THey show lots of whack-a-whack but nothing about exploration - almost seems like a fighting arena game. Perhaps just a lousy trailer.

A pity that it is "an asymmetrical multiplayer dungeon crawler, where four players choose highly customizable classes (…)". The unorthodox classes could, potentially, make this game an interesdting single-player RPG.
4 players…
Erm 4 of us need only a cheap set of italian cards and packs of beer to have fun till late night (actually till next morning), not stupid screenbased rubbishware.
I’m seeing both Breach and Waylander at Gamescom.
I'm expecting some interesting report on choices and consequences. No, I don't mean products. :)

Yet another challenge in life: know three other people.

You can play it solo as well and have the AI control the other 3. Or with just 1 friend, or two. It also has a matchmaker, so if you don’t have any friends, you can always make some online friends for the duration of the session.

You can play it solo as well and have the AI control the other 3. Or with just 1 friend, or two. It also has a matchmaker, so if you don’t have any friends, you can always make some online friends for the duration of the session.
Good to know thanks just not my type of RPG.

Didn't care for the cancelled Shadow Realms and this based/inspired off that game.

Breach Gameplay Showcase - Gamescom 2018

Back
Top Bottom