Pillars of Eternity - Card Game

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Pillars of Eternity brand is branching into the world of card games by means of a new Kickstarter. The card game is named Lords of the Eastern Reach

Lords of the Eastern Reach is a strategic card game of adventure and empire building based on Pillars of Eternity. You must protect and build a city. Hire heroes and troops for defense or to delve into dangerous dungeons for loot and glory. Build towers, blacksmiths and other buildings to gain the advantage and go for the win.

The game is designed for 2-4 players and takes about 20-30 minutes per player. This gives the game a substantial feel while still being able to fit a game in on a work night.

Turns are very interactive, with players being able to perform actions like building and hiring on other players' turns. No more sitting around waiting for your turn to come up!
They already reached their goal of $30K on the first day. As we don't really follow card games, don't expect to see many updates here on this.

More information.

Anything that makes Obs money is good in my book. Not that I'm interested in this kind of thing.

Not sure about this. Because of RL obligations still haven't touched the PoE game itself, had to put it in the pot of postponed for later with Grimrock 2, Blackguards 2 and others. :(

I'll really have to think about this one. I can't back it just for sakes of supporting and plan never to play it, that'd be IMO rediculous.

Guess I should have just made this a front-page post instead of sticking it in the off-topic forum :)

I'll certainly be down for the game once it comes out.

If this was a digital (single-player campaign) card game I would sooooo buy it. Don't have many people to play a physical card game...

Guess I will have to wait for the Pathfinder card game they are making. Let's hope they don't just want to copy Hearthstone.

Don't like pen and paper rpgs. Don't like card games. I'll pass

Does anybody have the Campaign Almanac from PoE? Is it worth having at all? Was about to pledge, but then couldn't decide whether or not to just stick with the minimum tier.

Also not interested. But yes, an RPG mix with card game would be very nice.

Does anybody have the Campaign Almanac from PoE? Is it worth having at all? Was about to pledge, but then couldn't decide whether or not to just stick with the minimum tier.

Is the Campaign Almanac the same thing as the Handbook? o_O

I have a Pillars of Eternity Handbook made by Obsidian and it's wonderful. Lots of lore and a bestiary, that sort of thing. I also have the Prima official guide and that thing is gorgeous!

But I'm not sure if the Almanac is the same as the Handbook. Sorry!

Is the Campaign Almanac the same thing as the Handbook? o_O

No, the Almanac is an in-setting almanac with a few legends and locals things (events, beliefs, a few recipes, etc). There is also a crossword and a table for the harvest.

As for its worth, I really have no idea, I guess it depends on the person. Much more useful for people who like RPing though.

Back
Top Bottom