C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Darth, off-topic but I might be moving to Poland in the summer of next year. We'll have to meet up and have a beer or two if you're ever in the country. :nod: We plan on visiting The Netherlands at some point, but who knows when.

This unreleased game made me buy a new computer 3 years ago(thinking it will be eventually released), now i bought a ps4 pro having in mind that it will come out in 2019(that and red dead redemption 2) and i'm thinking now that it may come out as ps5 release.

3 years ago, so was that at the time of the first announcement, or trailer? That really is an early buy. ;)

This unreleased game made me buy a new computer 3 years ago(thinking it will be eventually released), now i bought a ps4 pro having in mind that it will come out in 2019(that and red dead redemption 2) and i'm thinking now that it may come out as ps5 release.

You could have just followed it a little more closely. ;)

Cyberpunk didn't go into production until after CDP had finished the last expansion for TW3 in 2016. I'm not sure why you purchased a new system three years ago for it.

Yep the game was announced almost seven years ago, but it was just a concept at that time. Though they did spend a lot of money on that famous live action trailer.

Official production didn't begin till late 2013 or early 2014. As already said most staff at that time was finishing the Witcher III expansions, and doing bug testing still.

Last edited:
You should try it sometime.

You say that like you know what you're talking about.

If you learned to let go of your ego and didn't worry so damned much about your image - then you might appreciate that life doesn't crumble because you're occasionally wrong or you're not cool all the time.

Just a suggestion, though.

3 years ago, so was that at the time of the first announcement, or trailer? That really is an early buy. ;)

It was announced 6.5 years ago - several months before Star Citizen :)

It was in pre-production during Witcher 3 development for a while - but CDPR realised they couldn't make it work because of the scale of W3, so they went back to focus fully on Witcher 3 and then returned to Cyberpunk after its release in 2015.

Cyberpunk 2077 - HUGE INFO!

Basically someone talking for 17 minutes about Cyberpunk 2077.

You say that like you know what you're talking about.

If you learned to let go of your ego and didn't worry so damned much about your image - then you might appreciate that life doesn't crumble because you're occasionally wrong or you're not cool all the time.

Just a suggestion, though.

More projection. How cute. :)

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-procedural-elements/
Speaking with Jeux Act, Cyberpunk 2077 lead cinematic animator Maciej Pietras revealed that all of Cyberpunk 2077 will be created by hand, and none of its elements will be procedurally generated.

The game will allow you to enter many buildings, knowing that everything was done by hand, because we believe that quality comes first through manual creation, nothing is procedural in our world. It is in this that the city of Night City will be vast to go, thanks to this verticality.

I wish procedural generating in videogames dies already. On PC. Do destroy phones with that cheap garbage roguelikety please.

Procedurally generated content has been here for a long time, almost since forever. The majority of the trees in Oblivion are not hand placed, and they generated an initial land mass to start from. Just wanted to point out the obvious

And since a few years we don't even have hand placed leaves on trees. :(

Cyberpunk 2077: The release date and more on the studio's next big RPG
The Cyberpunk 2077 remains as frustratingly non-existent as ever, but even though news on the game has cooled down since the flurry of new info that emerged over the summer, there's still plenty of data to sift through. Just to name a few points, there are developers talking about how the people in Cyberpunk 2077 will feel even more real than those in The Witcher 3, not to mention ever more details to extract from that lengthy gameplay demo. And even if it isn't official, we still have some healthy speculation about the Cyberpunk 2077 release date to keep us going until we hear more from CD Projekt Red.
Cyberpunk 2077's Development Didn't Start Until After Hearts of Stone
A recent interview has revealed that CD Projekt Red didn’t begin developing Cyberpunk 2077 in earnest until after the release of The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone.

The interview, which was held between French outlet Jeuxactu and lead cinematic animator Maciej Pietras, went over the early development timeline of the game. Though Cyberpunk 2077 was formally announced in January 2013 through a brief teaser trailer (following a tease of the game in 2012), it wasn’t until after the release of the first Witcher 3 expansion, Hearts of Stone, that work on Cyberpunk 2077 began in earnest. In fact, until The Witcher 3 was finished, it appears full production on Cyberpunk 2077 was pending to an extent.

Ah, so it's finished. Good, good.

:biggrin:
Yep nothing unusual here as this always happens in game development. Most of the narrative side usually leave as the writing is finished, seen this before at BioWare.

Update: It cold be something else also. Maybe they left for other various reasons.

Last edited:
Yep nothing unusual here as this always happens in game development. Most of the narrative side usually leave as the writing is finished, seen this before at BioWare.

The only BioWare creative director who left during development was Mike Laidlaw and DA(4) when straight into design reboot after he left. Casey left after ME3 was released and Anthem was in super early pre-production.

These two are the only ones who left BioWare while being creative directors.

From my experience with following games, creative director leaving equals game was/getting rebooted or cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom