Sci-fi games where hero wake up from stasis

Farflame

SasqWatch
How many games starts when someone wakes up from stasis? And usually with insomnia…? Well, there are 2 new titles with this premise… but both are very different:

ECHO - sci-fi stealth action with adaptive AI

Article - www.pcgamer.com/echo-is-a-third-person-sci-fi-action-puzzler-with-evil-clones/

Echo is third person science fiction action stealth game from Ultra Ultra, new indie development studio from Denmark. After awakening from a century in stasis, protagonist En finds herself in the Palace — a strange sentient building which creates doppelganger Echoes as a means of security. She’s then forced to plan her escape around them.

------------------------------------------

Breached - sci-fi survival story-driven adventure with drones

Available on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/460640/

You awaken as Corus Valott, long lost in cryogenic slumber, to find your shelter damaged by unknown circumstances. You have to repair the shelter and explore and scavenge your surroundings on unknown planet in hopes of uncovering – or avoiding – the uncomfortable truth of what has transpired.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Pibbur who definitely will take a closer look.

You can count Stasis too. Old school icon adventure set in an abandoned massive ship.

Fallout 4, but it's not sci-fi :)

Fallout 4, but it's not sci-fi :)

What do you mean by that? I'm asking because I'm curious, no flame bait.

It's not a space opera, but a futuristic post apocalyptic setting is sci-fi in several of my books.

pibbur who may have misunderstood the nut(ty) post.

Not a game, but the title immediately made me think of Red Dwarf, the funniest Sci-Fi series ever. One of the protagonists, Dave Lister, had been suspended for some 3 million years on a space ship after a radiation leak killed everyone else on board, making him the only living human in existence.

Well, this is just my opinion, but since we have already progressed much beyond the technology that is in Fallout, it falls more within the realm of science fantasy or alternate history. It's not really pure science fiction. Many of the things leading up to the supposed World War III, did not in fact, take place. Those types of thing rule it out of the sci-fi crowd; at least for me. YMMV

You can count Stasis too. Old school icon adventure set in an abandoned massive ship.

Yes, Stasis is another one.

And we shouldnt forget about upcoming Cayne from the same devs. It will start probably the same way.

The new Mass Effect will.

The old 4x game, Alpha Centauri did... sorta.... there's no hero but all the people you're guiding were in stasis.

Red Dwarf: The Game

(Unfortunately) This game does not actually exist

People waking up from some type of stasis in some SF setting?
Well ... that makes me think of System Shock, of course. And BioForge. And CyClones.

And White Chamber. There's some kind of stasis, at least.

Well, this is just my opinion, but since we have already progressed much beyond the technology that is in Fallout, it falls more within the realm of science fantasy or alternate history. It's not really pure science fiction. Many of the things leading up to the supposed World War III, did not in fact, take place. Those types of thing rule it out of the sci-fi crowd; at least for me. YMMV

Alternate history can be considered science fiction. There are a considerable number of sci-fi novels that use this theme. See, for example, many of the works of Harry Turtledove. It just needs to be a scientifically plausible branching of the time line.

Red Dwarf: The Game

(Unfortunately) This game does not actually exist

Man, how quickly I jumped on that one. Would actually work:

Kryten: Tank
Cat: Bard
Rimmer: Pompous mage
Lister: Rogue

A certain toaster overlord planning to force everyone to eat toast for all eternity will be your nemesis. Smoke me a kipper Bobo, it will be an RPG by breakfast!

Don't forget about Kochanski, for a romance option.

Maybe Rampant Coyote could get the license to make a Frayed Knights style sci-fi RPG with these chaps. Speaking of which, I still haven't played that one. Shame on me.

Back
Top Bottom