The Outer Worlds - Targeting August?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a SteamDB entry where a August 6th release target for The Outer Worlds was discovered. Nothing has been confirmed by Obsidian yet.

Obsidian's RPG, The Outer Worlds, is a game that a lot of Fallout fans are waiting for. And from the looks of it, its release date may have been leaked by Steam's database. According to the game's SteamDB entry, Obsidian targets an August 6th release.

[...]
More information.

Sounds good to me but it can always change.:celebrate:

A month before I go to uni and have to renounce video games.

You don't have to renounce them, just never play one while you have ANYTHING you should be working on. If you're disciplined about that, you'll be fine.

A month before I go to uni and have to renounce video games.

Wait a second... it's been decades since I was at university but iirc, don't you go to university to play video games... and drink.. and um, do a lot of other things you shouldn't do?

My God, what's happened to our education system... =)

So... it will be patched to a playable level next year. Good. Looking forward to a play-through.

Well at least theirs no bait and switch with the usual apologists this time. Also don't forget Obsidian does not own the Ip this time. As it was funded by Private Division.
Private Division is an American video game publisher based in New York City. The brainchild of Take-Two Interactive's Michael Worosz, the subsidiary was founded by Worosz and Allen Murray, and officially announced on December 14, 2017
Borderlands 3 is next.:p

Anyway ins't their already a Steam page?

Update: Yep - https://store.steampowered.com/app/578650/The_Outer_Worlds/

So I may have to add Obsidian to the scum developer list.

Also this- https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-sa...ood-thing-but-exclusives-sound-very-unlikely/

Last edited:
Also don't forget Obsidian does not own the Ip this time. As it was funded by Private Division.

Private Division business model is that they let developers keep the IP while they get exclusive publishing rights to it. So Obsidian own the IP, but Private Division decide how it is going to be sold.

Saying that, Epic story is starting to sound more and more like a platform to beta games, lol.

Private Division business model is that they let developers keep the IP while they get exclusive publishing rights to it. So Obsidian own the IP, but Private Division decide how it is going to be sold.

Saying that, Epic story is starting to sound more and more like a platform to beta games, lol.
Corrected then thanks.:)

Still they are part of Take 2.

Anyway I'm waiting for Steam to start doing exclusives also. As that looks to be the only tactic in my mind that will deter Epic from buying more developers. Bring on the PC War.

Oh boy…

The teeth gnashing is about to go to a whole new level. :)

As summarized by reddit: What happens when /r/Games messiah who can do no wrong meets /r/Games personal Satan? (although, technically it's not Obsidan's decisions).

But I think people should take it positively, once you buy it on Steam (or GOG if it ever gets there) it will have one year of patches. Don't forget that it is an Obsidian game. ;)

I lost interest in "Outer Worlds" a while ago. So, this is a meh. I guess there are advantages to being a picky gamer anyhow. ^^

That said, I'm sure Epic will finally land on another game (besides Metro Exodus) that I want sooner or later. Then I just wait the year for patches and polish and a cheaper steam offering. Which for me, is kind of standard procedure in the first place.

Seems we now have two threads talking about this now. Anyway let this sink in Epic now has 14 more exclusives with more to be announced. Better get used to it.

I'll gladly hold on to my money until this game and others make their way to great old games or steam. Patience I have in spades, being subjugated and forced to play on a platform that doesn't appeal to me isn't the way to impress me.

After rewatching some of the videos, the outer worlds is my most anticipated game. Well, besides you know what.

Eventually Epic will have an exclusive i care enough about to install thier client, but this isn’t it.

I don’t have a problem with exclusives announced upfront. (Bribing kickstarters at the last moment, however...) I play console exclusives and have origin exclusives and lets face it steam had exclusives for several years because they were the only option. I haven’t forgot my outrage at buying a boxed game only to just have a steam code inside.

Ill be curious if steam and other clients start to respond by getting their own exclusives or if they will be content to just let this run its course.

(…) lets face it steam had exclusives for several years because they were the only option. (…)

The right name is in your own response: that's not exclusivity; that's callled (or was called back then, as you wish) lack of options, which is not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom